Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves - The Verdicts? 21:52 - Dec 1 with 5928 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Personally, I thought we were the better team up until the goal but not making chances in the box.

With ten men we were still better than them. The slump after their first was worrying, I thought and we definitely lack confidence or stubbornness or a bit of balls in those situations. However, the fightback at the end was encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:18 - Dec 1 with 1620 viewsessextaxiboy

I am not convinced that the players we have are buying in to the Olly way ...they looked lost tonight
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:28 - Dec 1 with 1597 viewsPunteR

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:18 - Dec 1 by essextaxiboy

I am not convinced that the players we have are buying in to the Olly way ...they looked lost tonight

This is my main concern with Ollies appointment. Of course we love him as fans but i wondered how our players would react to his methods of heart on sleeve , fighting for the badge type of management.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:33 - Dec 1 with 1580 viewsbob566

Ordinary Brian. No better than a league of Ireland match which worries me. Two teams that lump it forward. Awful fare. It wasn't good but I expected nothing less on sky by us
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:46 - Dec 1 with 1537 viewstoreqpr

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:28 - Dec 1 by PunteR

This is my main concern with Ollies appointment. Of course we love him as fans but i wondered how our players would react to his methods of heart on sleeve , fighting for the badge type of management.

spot on!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 00:55 - Dec 2 with 1459 viewsWilloW4

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

Agree with most of this, BUT the solution is obvious! Width!! Play proper wingers. Countless times our vast array of central midfielders and forwards looked to lay it off wide and there was no one wide. Vast swathes of the pitch empty. We need to play with width!!

Also, Wolves were f*cking dreadful. The last ten minutes was Sunday League!

"Wolves were fxxcking dreadful.."... As were QPR... A terrible game of football... Bah fecking humbug.!!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 06:53 - Dec 2 with 1319 viewsactonman

I don't think we were as bad as some make out tbh. We were the better team and played some decent stuff even when down to 10 men until they scored.
Having said that, we are so powder puff in attack, it's fking painfull. No killer instinct when we do get it in there and too slow getting forward to cause many problems.
No leader on the pitch to keep everyone pulling in the same direction when the chips are down !

Had the ref not been such a fking helmet and perch an even bigger one then we win that game last night but probably only just. I don't know the stats but we don't seem to score many goals these days and that is a major problem that needs attention !
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:11 - Dec 2 with 1214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 06:53 - Dec 2 by actonman

I don't think we were as bad as some make out tbh. We were the better team and played some decent stuff even when down to 10 men until they scored.
Having said that, we are so powder puff in attack, it's fking painfull. No killer instinct when we do get it in there and too slow getting forward to cause many problems.
No leader on the pitch to keep everyone pulling in the same direction when the chips are down !

Had the ref not been such a fking helmet and perch an even bigger one then we win that game last night but probably only just. I don't know the stats but we don't seem to score many goals these days and that is a major problem that needs attention !

One of the less hysterical posts since last night and, based on the little I've seen, about right.

There are plenty teams better than us in this league and plenty worse than us, plenty to concern us (no right-back, heads dropping a bit quickly at this moment in time) and plenty to be encouraged about (some very promising players and some more on the fringes of the team, and a manager with a proven record of improving teams).

Would have loved a win last night and the club could have done with it. But we didn't get it and we have to toughen up and support our team. And maybe the players aren't the only ones who need to show some strength and resolve for the fight.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 8:12]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:30 - Dec 2 with 1185 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:08 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

Bosh, we have two genuine wingers: Shodipo and Wszolek. Both have been good this season.

They weren't even on the bench here.

The issue is not personnel; it's the lack of width.

Both Sylla and Polter are big centre forwards and decent in the air. Get it wide, get to the byline and sling it in.

You can't do that though if you play with no wingers....

Ttoally agree with this.
No width last night really puzzled me.
Login to get fewer ads

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:49 - Dec 2 with 1148 viewsRangers67

Perch needs a spell in the reserves until Jan and then get rid. He has contributed the square root of f all since he signed and showed what a poor player he is last night. Chery for me had a good game as did Smithies. My worry is that a prem club will soon notice how good a goalkeeper he is and come calling. Robinson mainly at fault for both goals but hopefully with a bit of game time will improve defensively.
Wolves very poor but benefited more than us from a very poor refereeing performance that affected the game disproportionately. Typical Rangers really, playing a live game on Sky against a team that hadn,t won in 9 games, only one result and we got it.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:58 - Dec 2 with 1131 viewsBurnleyhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:28 - Dec 1 by PunteR

If they don't like it.....ship them out. Too many strolling around having accepted defeat after the second goal.

Wolves were poor, but at least had a bit of pace up front. Polter is ponderous and Washington makes poor decisions when in possession. Starting to think they are not up to the required level.

Brave formation by Olly, clearly finding the right one will be difficult. Luongo and Chery were poor. Sandro was the best player on the park. Combative and rarely wasted his passes.

Onoauh's was like bambi on ice, ball distribution shocking.

Smithies.......top drawer, absolute top keeper.

Olly needs time and best he can hope for this season is avoiding relegation. Much work to do.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:21 - Dec 2 with 1080 viewsstevec

This is a truly dreadful side we're lumbered with.

Midfield regularly capitulates mid second half, never look comfortable on the ball.
Hard to judge defence, or attack for that matter, when you've such a powder puff middle. That said, Washington, Polter and Sylla have that look of journeymen, somewhat out of their comfort zone.

Our only attacking option appears to be the long throw.

Ollie had better hope he's allowed a clearout in Jan, not too many in this side up for badge thumping.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:33 - Dec 2 with 1053 viewsAgedR

I've heard it said in reaction to this defeat that Ollie is tactical naive and little more than blood and thunder.

My view? Whoever thinks this wasn't paying attention last night. With the ball we were 3, 5, 2, but, without it I thought we reverted to 4, 1, 2, 1, 2 (with Hall and Cherry occupying the 1 slots). Then Perch got sent off....Still we continued playing an attacking formation with the ball, which we've been crying out for at home.

Yes we got caught, but, I at no point thought we threw the towel in and what a great finish (if only Lynch had connected).

I like us and, from what I've seen so far, I think it's a massive disservice to Ollie to label him as nothing more than a "come on lads" manager (not that haven't needed a bit of that).

If we can't get behind this front and back office team as a group of supporters then, frankly, we don't deserve success. Fxck me, Sir Les, Sinton, Impey, Furlong, Birch and Ollie. What more do people want?

Actually I thought the people there last night (as opposed to the post match keyboard warriors) gave good support. As for the keyboard warriors, I don't recognise you as part of the club I've supported for 36 years.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:36]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:47 - Dec 2 with 1028 views2Thomas2Bowles

Any manager is pretty must stuffed once a player gets sent off, in the first half even more so. how many teams win in that situation ?

Did he start with the wrong team or formation, I don't think so with the players we have.
Many were saying we missed Luongo v Ipswich, well he went missing last night.

Could have had a winger on the bench but would have made no difference after the sending off.

Some are already blaming Ollie but I think they just don't want him anyway.

I was against JFH and I am glad he is gone, I think we would have lost last night with 11 players if he was still here.

I honesty believe that if Ollie can't turn this lot around then no one can, it's not formation or man management that's the problem, it's a lack or leadership on the pitch and a few players not putting in a shift or just not as good as they think they are or both.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:47 - Dec 2 with 1026 viewsWadR

It was a scrappy poor game between two sides low on confidence (booing a player before he even comes on does not help this!) but find the extremity of reaction on here a little silly.

We were the better side before the sending off, managed to keep the ball quite well after the sending off and didn't seem to lose our heads. The first goal, Robinson switches off and is poorly positioned, the second Robinson and Lynch can perhaps do better, but it's inevitability of a one man disadvantage that opposition wingers will get the opportunity to run at a defender one on one.

Don't like the formation, think it misuses and wastes Luongo. And although Sandro was decent, Hall in midfield just doesn't work for me, doesn't have the awareness or experience to play that position. Countless times at 11v11 the ball would be played to Luongo and Chery and they'd have no option, and be forced to play speculative long balls.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 996 viewsQPR_Jim

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:49 - Dec 2 by Rangers67

Perch needs a spell in the reserves until Jan and then get rid. He has contributed the square root of f all since he signed and showed what a poor player he is last night. Chery for me had a good game as did Smithies. My worry is that a prem club will soon notice how good a goalkeeper he is and come calling. Robinson mainly at fault for both goals but hopefully with a bit of game time will improve defensively.
Wolves very poor but benefited more than us from a very poor refereeing performance that affected the game disproportionately. Typical Rangers really, playing a live game on Sky against a team that hadn,t won in 9 games, only one result and we got it.

I've been thinking about what I'd do with Perch this morning. I feel that he should have known better. People talk about having a captain like Derry, Hill etc but the thing is that they lead by example when they weren't captain as well. In Perch, with all his experience, you'd hope for the same but I feel he's shown quite clearly that he's not willing to take it upon himself to lead by example as a senior member of the team.

I'd drop him for two matches after he's suspension is over to try and get the point across.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:56 - Dec 2 with 795 viewsfrancisbowles

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:33 - Dec 2 by AgedR

I've heard it said in reaction to this defeat that Ollie is tactical naive and little more than blood and thunder.

My view? Whoever thinks this wasn't paying attention last night. With the ball we were 3, 5, 2, but, without it I thought we reverted to 4, 1, 2, 1, 2 (with Hall and Cherry occupying the 1 slots). Then Perch got sent off....Still we continued playing an attacking formation with the ball, which we've been crying out for at home.

Yes we got caught, but, I at no point thought we threw the towel in and what a great finish (if only Lynch had connected).

I like us and, from what I've seen so far, I think it's a massive disservice to Ollie to label him as nothing more than a "come on lads" manager (not that haven't needed a bit of that).

If we can't get behind this front and back office team as a group of supporters then, frankly, we don't deserve success. Fxck me, Sir Les, Sinton, Impey, Furlong, Birch and Ollie. What more do people want?

Actually I thought the people there last night (as opposed to the post match keyboard warriors) gave good support. As for the keyboard warriors, I don't recognise you as part of the club I've supported for 36 years.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:36]

Having gone down to 10 men, I believe we were too cavalier, too open and too attack minded. We pushed on left gaps and invited them to counter.

I think we should have sat in, solidified our shape, tried to break out if/when we turned over possession but the priority should have been not to go behind and try and take the point.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:57 - Dec 2 with 795 viewswortonranger

Couldn't agree more. It's the modern way I suppose, but what more should we want. For genuine fans ( i.e. Excluding the Man U, Chelsea and other glory hunters ), you win some you lose some. Bad result last night but entertaining in a weird way. When will some of us realise that you can't have a Wembley moment without a Wolves at home moment!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:06 - Dec 2 with 777 viewsDesertBoot

Yeni was the only player I noticed giving it the "come on lads" hand gestures, this after the second goal went in. Every time we concede a goal Onuoha puts his head down and gets back into position.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 741 viewsdaveB

I get what Hunter is saying about the width but do think the 3 at the back allows us to play 2 up front and Chery behind the strikers so was worth going with again last night. The Perch red card cost us, was a ridiculous tackle to make when already booked and he was lucky not to get sent off at the weekend as well.

The big problem I had was the reaction to going a goal down, we just needed to calm down and stay in the game, they were always going to panic in the end but we fell apart, gifted them a second and the gamer was dead.

Negatives for me was Sandro who was crap again and a waste of a shirt, Polter was again poor up front also thought Chery had a poor game. The Henry booing was bizarre

Positives - Smithies was outstanding again and they kept going till the end when others would have given up, if only Lynch had taken that chance at the end. We don't look a million miles away from being a good side but it still needs a lot of tweaking.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 734 viewsdaveB

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:56 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

Having gone down to 10 men, I believe we were too cavalier, too open and too attack minded. We pushed on left gaps and invited them to counter.

I think we should have sat in, solidified our shape, tried to break out if/when we turned over possession but the priority should have been not to go behind and try and take the point.

and if we had done then plenty would have moaned about being negative. The reason we got rid of JFH was because we were not attacking enough
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:28 - Dec 2 with 735 viewsAddinall

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 08:11 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

One of the less hysterical posts since last night and, based on the little I've seen, about right.

There are plenty teams better than us in this league and plenty worse than us, plenty to concern us (no right-back, heads dropping a bit quickly at this moment in time) and plenty to be encouraged about (some very promising players and some more on the fringes of the team, and a manager with a proven record of improving teams).

Would have loved a win last night and the club could have done with it. But we didn't get it and we have to toughen up and support our team. And maybe the players aren't the only ones who need to show some strength and resolve for the fight.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 8:12]

Totally agree.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 686 viewsThe_Mole

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:56 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

Whilst what you say is very true, I have to say I found it refreshing that we actually went for it last night and despite being a man down still tried to play out from the back and did what we could in spells to have two up top.

I was a bit surprised however at the shape and formation? Listening to 94.9 driving down they announced the team and said it was a 3-5-2? I was excited at this and thought what a team that is on paper and finally some width - great.

During the game though it appeared a narrow 4-4-2?

Something else I witnessed which puzzled me slightly was the abuse the substitution of Sandro for Henry received? Granted I don't rate Henry, but Sandro was clearly blowing and needed replacing. Holloway then turned and explained to the fan(s) why he was making the change. Should he have to do this?
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:47 - Dec 2 with 671 viewsPinnerPaul

Haven't read rest of your comments yet, but I thought we were poor against a poor side.

Ned, Chery, Polter & Washington were particularly poor for me.

We are nearer the bottom 3 than when JFH left and will be closer still after Saturday

Onwards and downwards
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:52 - Dec 2 with 652 viewsfrancisbowles

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:27 - Dec 2 by daveB

and if we had done then plenty would have moaned about being negative. The reason we got rid of JFH was because we were not attacking enough

Pretty much agree with that but when you are down to 10, doesn't reality kick in? Aren't you more likely to lose than win?
Don't you need to rein it in a little and take what you can get?
I think we ended up in a sort of 4311 with Yenni being a second striker.
Wouldn't it have been better to have gone 441 and pushed Washington back to the left of midfield where his high energy work rate might have given some added protection to a tiring Robinson?
Wouldn't our confidence be a little less dented if we had hung on for a point?
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:04 - Dec 2 with 631 viewsdaveB

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:52 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

Pretty much agree with that but when you are down to 10, doesn't reality kick in? Aren't you more likely to lose than win?
Don't you need to rein it in a little and take what you can get?
I think we ended up in a sort of 4311 with Yenni being a second striker.
Wouldn't it have been better to have gone 441 and pushed Washington back to the left of midfield where his high energy work rate might have given some added protection to a tiring Robinson?
Wouldn't our confidence be a little less dented if we had hung on for a point?

No guarantee we'd have got a point if we had done that, could just as easily have lost it playing that way. I thought we were doing well with 10 men until the goal and then we did the usual panic stations
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024