Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves - The Verdicts? 21:52 - Dec 1 with 5927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Personally, I thought we were the better team up until the goal but not making chances in the box.

With ten men we were still better than them. The slump after their first was worrying, I thought and we definitely lack confidence or stubbornness or a bit of balls in those situations. However, the fightback at the end was encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:10 - Dec 2 with 789 viewsPinnerPaul

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:33 - Dec 2 by AgedR

I've heard it said in reaction to this defeat that Ollie is tactical naive and little more than blood and thunder.

My view? Whoever thinks this wasn't paying attention last night. With the ball we were 3, 5, 2, but, without it I thought we reverted to 4, 1, 2, 1, 2 (with Hall and Cherry occupying the 1 slots). Then Perch got sent off....Still we continued playing an attacking formation with the ball, which we've been crying out for at home.

Yes we got caught, but, I at no point thought we threw the towel in and what a great finish (if only Lynch had connected).

I like us and, from what I've seen so far, I think it's a massive disservice to Ollie to label him as nothing more than a "come on lads" manager (not that haven't needed a bit of that).

If we can't get behind this front and back office team as a group of supporters then, frankly, we don't deserve success. Fxck me, Sir Les, Sinton, Impey, Furlong, Birch and Ollie. What more do people want?

Actually I thought the people there last night (as opposed to the post match keyboard warriors) gave good support. As for the keyboard warriors, I don't recognise you as part of the club I've supported for 36 years.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:36]

"gave good support" - apart from booing one of our own on to the pitch & yes I WAS there.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:13 - Dec 2 with 783 viewsPinnerPaul

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:57 - Dec 2 by wortonranger

Couldn't agree more. It's the modern way I suppose, but what more should we want. For genuine fans ( i.e. Excluding the Man U, Chelsea and other glory hunters ), you win some you lose some. Bad result last night but entertaining in a weird way. When will some of us realise that you can't have a Wembley moment without a Wolves at home moment!

Explain how that was "entertaining"?

I actually found more "entertainment" v Newcastle - at least there was one decent side to watch, unlike last night!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:15 - Dec 2 with 780 viewsPinnerPaul

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:25 - Dec 2 by daveB

I get what Hunter is saying about the width but do think the 3 at the back allows us to play 2 up front and Chery behind the strikers so was worth going with again last night. The Perch red card cost us, was a ridiculous tackle to make when already booked and he was lucky not to get sent off at the weekend as well.

The big problem I had was the reaction to going a goal down, we just needed to calm down and stay in the game, they were always going to panic in the end but we fell apart, gifted them a second and the gamer was dead.

Negatives for me was Sandro who was crap again and a waste of a shirt, Polter was again poor up front also thought Chery had a poor game. The Henry booing was bizarre

Positives - Smithies was outstanding again and they kept going till the end when others would have given up, if only Lynch had taken that chance at the end. We don't look a million miles away from being a good side but it still needs a lot of tweaking.

Agree we don't look a million miles away from being a good side..................... I make it about 50 million!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:15 - Dec 2 with 780 viewsDannytheR

Realistically, if Perch hadn't been so dense we'd have beaten them. Wolves were an absolutely dreadful side, which makes the result that much harder to swallow.

But that aside, we've still got a team where half the players are either out of form or not suited to what the manager is trying to do, just like under Hasselbaink. Except now it's a different bunch of players out of form, and a different style they seemingly can't adjust to.

Polter is going backwards, and has been for some time, and if there's any silver lining to the game at all, it's proving (yet again) what a waste of money, time and a Rangers shirt that colossal fanny Sandro is.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 11:20]
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 12:17 - Dec 2 with 702 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:52 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

Pretty much agree with that but when you are down to 10, doesn't reality kick in? Aren't you more likely to lose than win?
Don't you need to rein it in a little and take what you can get?
I think we ended up in a sort of 4311 with Yenni being a second striker.
Wouldn't it have been better to have gone 441 and pushed Washington back to the left of midfield where his high energy work rate might have given some added protection to a tiring Robinson?
Wouldn't our confidence be a little less dented if we had hung on for a point?

You can play what ever formation you like. But if your players pass the ball to the other team with the alarming regularity as we do. You're F####D
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 12:52 - Dec 2 with 648 viewsrobith

Credit where it is due, one of the reasons we struggled to create was Wolves' ferocious pressing of us in their half. I thought they'd struggle to keep it up, but then we got a man sent off and they could save their legs a bit
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 13:49 - Dec 2 with 593 viewsRangers67

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 09:55 - Dec 2 by QPR_Jim

I've been thinking about what I'd do with Perch this morning. I feel that he should have known better. People talk about having a captain like Derry, Hill etc but the thing is that they lead by example when they weren't captain as well. In Perch, with all his experience, you'd hope for the same but I feel he's shown quite clearly that he's not willing to take it upon himself to lead by example as a senior member of the team.

I'd drop him for two matches after he's suspension is over to try and get the point across.

I would do the same Jim if I thought it would make any difference with Perch. Sadly I don,t think it would. We are dealing here with an experienced pro not an 18 year old fresh out of the academy. I would have the scouting network out now looking for the best right back we could get from either a championship or lower team in January.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 13:54 - Dec 2 with 588 viewsAgedR

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 11:10 - Dec 2 by PinnerPaul

"gave good support" - apart from booing one of our own on to the pitch & yes I WAS there.

Agreed. I heard that, but, I thought it was isolated to a few numpties.

There were, albeit not cacophonous, renditions of Holloways b&w army and overall didn't think the atmosphere was anywhere near as toxic as it has been.

That said, today all I've heard is Ollie being disappointed with people slagging Henry last night. Maybe you're right. If so, Christ we've got some funny levels of expectation as a fan base that we'd be prepared to shit not only on our future prospects, but, also past glories after two defeats.

But, frankly, what do I know? I'm just howling at the moon like everyone else.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 506 viewsBurnleyhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 10:25 - Dec 2 by daveB

I get what Hunter is saying about the width but do think the 3 at the back allows us to play 2 up front and Chery behind the strikers so was worth going with again last night. The Perch red card cost us, was a ridiculous tackle to make when already booked and he was lucky not to get sent off at the weekend as well.

The big problem I had was the reaction to going a goal down, we just needed to calm down and stay in the game, they were always going to panic in the end but we fell apart, gifted them a second and the gamer was dead.

Negatives for me was Sandro who was crap again and a waste of a shirt, Polter was again poor up front also thought Chery had a poor game. The Henry booing was bizarre

Positives - Smithies was outstanding again and they kept going till the end when others would have given up, if only Lynch had taken that chance at the end. We don't look a million miles away from being a good side but it still needs a lot of tweaking.

Sandro won most of his high ball challenges and knows how to pass to his own players. Can't believe how many times the rest of the team either hoofed it or passed to the opposition. Agree with a lot of talk about mercenaries being here for the money, but at least he has some technical ability and knows when and how to use it. If he could ever get fit, as a player, he is head and shoulders.

My 9 year old has better ball control and game management nous than some of this lot.

Onohua is a great defender, but can't make a 10 yard pass without giving it back to the Oppo. Sorry, but he wouldn't make the team for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024