Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 03:33 - Sep 29 with 8196 viewsDylanP

Why did Chair look so subdued today? He seemed half-hearted in his goal celebrations and after the final whistle he seemed downright despondent.

Was he just exhausted after running his heart out in the wind and rain? Was I just imagining it? Thoughts?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chair on 12:26 - Sep 29 with 1848 viewsDWQPR

Chair on 11:26 - Sep 29 by qpr1976

“Oi ! What about me ?” - T. Currie

Currie’s tenure was very short lived between Stan leaving and Stainrod joining whereby he wore the 7 shirt. Still a great player mind. Missed that goal against Fulham in ‘79 on his debut as was on holiday. Anyone know If it’s available on YouTube?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chair on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 1843 viewssparkey

Chair on 12:24 - Sep 29 by QPR_John

Do people not rate him? How can anybody not rate Chair. I’d argue every other team in the Champioship would take him.

It is a minority but you'd be surprised. He's been getting criticisms of being 'selfish' and 'doesn't look up'. It has been criticisms from the usual suspects on SM (basically the ones who have a problem with everything and seem to be disappointed if we win). He is a quality player and can only improve considering his age so we need to support him. Also we need a bloody song for him!
Chair on 12:29 - Sep 29 with 1830 viewsrobith

Chair on 08:25 - Sep 29 by nix

It's interesting though how at the matches the crowd are generally different from the keyboard warriors. So, there was a pointed clap of CA after criticism of him a few matches ago, and the same for Seny after similar criticism for one mistake.

Also lots of defence of the players online in response to the ridiculous criticism, as you say.

It's also interesting how we're hardly hearing anything from the most vocal critics of Warburton these days. It's like it's no fun now they haven't got much to be angry about.

Crowds this year have been brilliant imo this season - proper behind the team.
Chair on 12:49 - Sep 29 with 1776 viewsdmm

Chair on 12:19 - Sep 29 by Esox_Lucius

3 possible reasons; so pissed that they don't really know what is happening on the pitch, don't actually go to games or, most likely, facing the wrong way at games.

Well, I've watched Chair after a few sherbets and he looked even better than usual!
Chair on 13:00 - Sep 29 with 1746 viewsDavieQPR

I was getting ready with 'three Chairs for Ilias hip,hip.........' last night.
Chair on 13:00 - Sep 29 with 1748 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 12:49 - Sep 29 by dmm

Well, I've watched Chair after a few sherbets and he looked even better than usual!

So you don't quite fit into category 1 dmm LOL

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 13:29 - Sep 29 with 1691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 12:26 - Sep 29 by DWQPR

Currie’s tenure was very short lived between Stan leaving and Stainrod joining whereby he wore the 7 shirt. Still a great player mind. Missed that goal against Fulham in ‘79 on his debut as was on holiday. Anyone know If it’s available on YouTube?

"Missed that goal against Fulham in ‘79 on his debut as was on holiday."

He missed a goal on his debut as he was on holiday?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair on 13:31 - Sep 29 with 1682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 11:50 - Sep 29 by stainrods_elbow

As I pointed out in my comment on the last bit of Clive's WBA report, the fanbase doesn't divide into the 'real' fans who (can) go to games and the 'keyboard warriors' who watch them on streams and write passionately/critically about them. The odd pathological troll aside, we're all fans, and we all care. While it's great there seems to a be real feel-good factor this season with the travelling support, my experience has been that over the years, if anything, some of the most backbiting and heckling supporters are those that travel with the team, as has often been commented on.

People who promote themselves as more caring/generous/supportive in any walk of life are usually suspect. In any event, if certain people could kindly stop 'virtue-signalling' and/or engaging in games of oneupmanship about their fandom rather than just speaking for themselves as individuals and letting others do likewise, we'll have healthier and more generous debate all round.

As for Chair, I was thrilled by his performance last night, as I am by the progress he's continuing to make. He was the man and the talisman from start to finish, and the only pity is he didn't walk off with the match ball. Let's hope it fires Dykes, Gray and Charlie to better things than they showed for most of last night.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:58]

I don't think for a second that Nix said that all non-matchgoing fans are keyboard warriors, if that's what you meant? I read it as "keyboard warriors exist", which we know they do, and Nix and Clive have both said in the past that Twitter house most of them, there are very few on here.

Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 14:58 - Sep 29 with 1562 viewsNorthantsHoop

Like his attitude, admitted in post match interview not been at his best last couple of games and what a way to turn it round last night. Big result in terrible conditions.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 14:59]
Chair on 15:19 - Sep 29 with 1523 viewsBoston

Chair is my favourite player. If he tires of this kicking a ball about lark, he can come over and cut a bit of wood with me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chair on 15:56 - Sep 29 with 1472 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't look subdued at all, not sure what you've seen there Dylan. Was laughing and smiling and chucking his shirt to kids as he left the pitch.
Possibly upset by the ludicrous criticism on Friday for one bloody mistake, and I don't blame him, considering how good he is for us.
Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans. Bewildering. Otherwise, he was an absolute ball of energy all night.

TBF , he has just said on the offy that he wasn't pleased with his two previous games.
Chair on 16:43 - Sep 29 with 1419 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't look subdued at all, not sure what you've seen there Dylan. Was laughing and smiling and chucking his shirt to kids as he left the pitch.
Possibly upset by the ludicrous criticism on Friday for one bloody mistake, and I don't blame him, considering how good he is for us.
Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans. Bewildering. Otherwise, he was an absolute ball of energy all night.

Putting personal preferences aside, one way to ' value' a player is in the transfer market. Chair imo, is currently in the £3m-£4m range, similar to Transfermrkts valuation (£3.6m).

Freeman, when at his best in this division, I'd say was double this value, in the £ 6m-£8m range (accepting that valuations have dropped post covid).

If Chair continues as last night (and I think the more central role gave him more time + space to get his head up + show us his passing range), goals aside, and I think he moves into that £ 6m - £ 8m bracket (where alot of our fans probably consider he already is - but I'm not aware of too many clubs monitoring him or considering bids in that range.)

If he is to double that valuation (to say £12m - £16m as per Eze) he needs to work on his weaknesses.

I have n't seen any ludicrous criticism on this forum, just supporters saying he's good but could be so much better. A little like saying Dickie is Premier League level if he had pace (no coach can fix this unfortunately), I believe Chair is Premier League level only if he learns to play with his head up + sees + plays the early pass, as he did with his MOTM performance last night.
Chair on 16:58 - Sep 29 with 1405 viewsdmm

Chair on 16:43 - Sep 29 by ParkRoyalR

Putting personal preferences aside, one way to ' value' a player is in the transfer market. Chair imo, is currently in the £3m-£4m range, similar to Transfermrkts valuation (£3.6m).

Freeman, when at his best in this division, I'd say was double this value, in the £ 6m-£8m range (accepting that valuations have dropped post covid).

If Chair continues as last night (and I think the more central role gave him more time + space to get his head up + show us his passing range), goals aside, and I think he moves into that £ 6m - £ 8m bracket (where alot of our fans probably consider he already is - but I'm not aware of too many clubs monitoring him or considering bids in that range.)

If he is to double that valuation (to say £12m - £16m as per Eze) he needs to work on his weaknesses.

I have n't seen any ludicrous criticism on this forum, just supporters saying he's good but could be so much better. A little like saying Dickie is Premier League level if he had pace (no coach can fix this unfortunately), I believe Chair is Premier League level only if he learns to play with his head up + sees + plays the early pass, as he did with his MOTM performance last night.

A genuine question: how do you know whether or not clubs are monitoring or considering bids for Chair?
Chair on 17:03 - Sep 29 with 1399 viewsOldPedro

Some words from the man himself......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Chair on 17:14 - Sep 29 with 1371 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 15:56 - Sep 29 by PinnerPaul

TBF , he has just said on the offy that he wasn't pleased with his two previous games.

players have had bad games, sure, i accept that. That doesn't contradict what I said though! Sort of my point in a way - it's not really on this site, but a lot of fans could do with being a bit more patient and forgiving. Some of the constant moaning around me last night on almost every decision a player made was driving me mad.

I'm not sure I really buy all this 'head down' stuff either. I think that's just Chair's running style. I love Brian Mc, but saw his comment in the thread last night about Chair shooting, and on that occasion, it was the right option and only just wide. I don't think we made a chance last night that he wasn't involved with, and stats show something like he's scored or assisted 10 times in our last 8 home games.

Wonder what games Illy was referring to anyway, as he was outstanding (at least first half) v Everton, and very good v Bristol.

Bare bones.

Chair on 17:23 - Sep 29 with 1355 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 17:14 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

players have had bad games, sure, i accept that. That doesn't contradict what I said though! Sort of my point in a way - it's not really on this site, but a lot of fans could do with being a bit more patient and forgiving. Some of the constant moaning around me last night on almost every decision a player made was driving me mad.

I'm not sure I really buy all this 'head down' stuff either. I think that's just Chair's running style. I love Brian Mc, but saw his comment in the thread last night about Chair shooting, and on that occasion, it was the right option and only just wide. I don't think we made a chance last night that he wasn't involved with, and stats show something like he's scored or assisted 10 times in our last 8 home games.

Wonder what games Illy was referring to anyway, as he was outstanding (at least first half) v Everton, and very good v Bristol.

Was that me, Antti?

I don't remember being critical of him. I've had a quick look and can't find it. If I did, apologies.

I agree with you, and have posted as much in the last few days, that Chair is playing a lot of heads-up football as his career progresses. And that's a huge asset. Gold.

P.S. I love you too Baby!

Chair on 17:23 - Sep 29 with 1352 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair on 16:58 - Sep 29 by dmm

A genuine question: how do you know whether or not clubs are monitoring or considering bids for Chair?

I don't, hence saying...not aware of too many clubs monitoring him or considering bids...altho press tend to pick up these things very early as they did with Freeman and Eze, and we tend to know who's tracking our prime assets, be it Forest, WBA, West Ham etc.
Chair on 17:41 - Sep 29 with 1311 viewsdanehoop

I think that a lot of clubs currently do have him on their radar. We know he was being watched when he went on loan at Stevenage (not least of which because he started to get a lot of TV time as a result of his performances there). That has certainly continued since his return and as his game has progressed. His appearances for the Moroccan National side will have also brought him to the attention of a lot of European sides as well as reaffirming his continued progress to Premiership teams.

Not sure how many Teams will have formally scouted him yet (as in notified club and sending their representatives along to observe) and we wont know that (but his agent might). I think if he keeps on doing what he is doing and pushing himself to improve, he is will potentially be our next multi-million pound sale if the right move comes available for him. It wont be an Eze level of transfer though, so we can probably need to temper our expectations on that front, but we dont have to sell at this point and any transfer will be one that suits both Chair and ourselves.

Never knowingly understood

Chair on 17:46 - Sep 29 with 1285 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair on 17:14 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Agree about the criticism.

I was a bit guilty of that 1st 20' tbf.

When I got out of the nice dry ER stand and walked back to the car, felt a bit guilty.

Can't have been easy playing (or refereeing!) in that monsoon!
Chair on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 1279 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 17:23 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Was that me, Antti?

I don't remember being critical of him. I've had a quick look and can't find it. If I did, apologies.

I agree with you, and have posted as much in the last few days, that Chair is playing a lot of heads-up football as his career progresses. And that's a huge asset. Gold.

P.S. I love you too Baby!

Massive apols Brian, I was flicking through my phone with bleary eyes and rain dripping into them and catching up post-match on your comms last night, and read it as yours. I thought it was an odd update from you. It was of course someone else! Should've known, sorry for not double checking!

Bare bones.

Chair on 17:56 - Sep 29 with 1267 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chair on 07:40 - Sep 29 by Malintabuk

Chair as really come on this season. Against Everton he looked really good and him and Willock were totally dominant in the first half.
Last night he was without doubt the best player on the park and even in atrocious conditions he excelled
He had a poor game at West Brom but in fairness think most of the team had an off night.
I think a lot of people forget he is still quite young and will have peaks and troughs, but he is getting to the stage where it seems the peaks are more often.
Fast becoming a terrific little player for us and this will be a big season for him

This feels like a breakthrough season for him.

I felt that at the start of last season he struggled a bit with being Eze's heir before he was quite ready for it, but was growing into the role. The additions to the squad helped him by giving him more options while also taking the pressure off him to be the main creator; it seems that now he's confident and ready to take his chance to be the main man.
Chair on 18:02 - Sep 29 with 1260 viewstraininvain

Chair on 16:43 - Sep 29 by ParkRoyalR

Didn’t Freeman go for about £3m at his peak?

Granted Freeman was a good few years older than Chair. But that’s another reason why I think Chair’s worth more than £3m-£4m, he’s still relatively young with a higher ceiling for improvement and therefore a higher potential resale value.

Personally I’d prefer to have this season’s Chair ahead of the Freeman we had before he was sold a few years ago.
Chair on 18:03 - Sep 29 with 1263 viewsnix

Chair on 13:31 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think for a second that Nix said that all non-matchgoing fans are keyboard warriors, if that's what you meant? I read it as "keyboard warriors exist", which we know they do, and Nix and Clive have both said in the past that Twitter house most of them, there are very few on here.

You're absolutely spot on Brian. I really value the comments of a lot of people on here who can't get to games but watch on screen. It all adds to the info on the game. There are some things that are easier sometimes to see on screen as you see them closer up, and others that are easier to see live, such as the running off the ball. I've actually said on here though that I've never quite sure that I've seen something correctly until I've checked what you've said about it!

I certainly don't think anyone on here is a lesser fan. I'm also on FB groups and Twitter and they're who I'm talking about, when they say things like Chair and Dieng are not good enough to play in the Championship or they've let us down. When that's on Twitter, it's not helpful to the players.

I was just saying that I'm pleased that the fans at matches are more supportive than these KB Warriors and counteract some of the counterproductive SM posts. As the players actually hear them applauding them it must help.

I hope that clears things up,
Chair on 18:04 - Sep 29 with 1260 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Chair on 12:27 - Sep 29 by sparkey

It is a minority but you'd be surprised. He's been getting criticisms of being 'selfish' and 'doesn't look up'. It has been criticisms from the usual suspects on SM (basically the ones who have a problem with everything and seem to be disappointed if we win). He is a quality player and can only improve considering his age so we need to support him. Also we need a bloody song for him!

I don't recall anyone saying that they don't rate Chair Criticism is absolutely fine if constructive and shouldn't be confused with not rating a player. Indeed, those who rate him highly, MW et al, will be helping him improve by offering constructive criticism.

For example, it will have been pointed out to him that against West Brom he made the wrong decision to shoot with his weaker foot from a tight angle when a simple pass would've presented Dykes with a tap in and sealed a 2-0 victory. As it is, QPR lost 2-1 after Chair was caught in possession in our defensive third. Provided Chair learns from these mistakes (and I have no doubt that he will), he will become a better player.

Indeed, reading through this thread it's apparent that the players are now being encouraged to be critical of each other on the pitch in order to drive a better performance. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's constructive and it's all hugs at the final whistle.
Chair on 19:07 - Sep 29 with 1195 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 17:48 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Massive apols Brian, I was flicking through my phone with bleary eyes and rain dripping into them and catching up post-match on your comms last night, and read it as yours. I thought it was an odd update from you. It was of course someone else! Should've known, sorry for not double checking!

Nah, that's it. We're over. I'm leaving!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024