Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 03:33 - Sep 29 with 8195 viewsDylanP

Why did Chair look so subdued today? He seemed half-hearted in his goal celebrations and after the final whistle he seemed downright despondent.

Was he just exhausted after running his heart out in the wind and rain? Was I just imagining it? Thoughts?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chair on 21:21 - Sep 29 with 1644 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 19:07 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Nah, that's it. We're over. I'm leaving!

I deserve it.

But i can change!

Bare bones.

Chair on 21:36 - Sep 29 with 1602 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chair on 15:19 - Sep 29 by Boston

Chair is my favourite player. If he tires of this kicking a ball about lark, he can come over and cut a bit of wood with me.

These euphemisms aren’t as subtle as they used to be.
Chair on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 1418 viewsstainrods_elbow

Chair on 18:03 - Sep 29 by nix

You're absolutely spot on Brian. I really value the comments of a lot of people on here who can't get to games but watch on screen. It all adds to the info on the game. There are some things that are easier sometimes to see on screen as you see them closer up, and others that are easier to see live, such as the running off the ball. I've actually said on here though that I've never quite sure that I've seen something correctly until I've checked what you've said about it!

I certainly don't think anyone on here is a lesser fan. I'm also on FB groups and Twitter and they're who I'm talking about, when they say things like Chair and Dieng are not good enough to play in the Championship or they've let us down. When that's on Twitter, it's not helpful to the players.

I was just saying that I'm pleased that the fans at matches are more supportive than these KB Warriors and counteract some of the counterproductive SM posts. As the players actually hear them applauding them it must help.

I hope that clears things up,

I appreciate this post. As one of the antagonists, I was really responding to Clive's parting comment on his (otherwise tasty as usual) WBA report about how all the fans who were there were much more supportive of the team than those who weren't, which I found a bit silly and unfair, and certainly a 'broad brush' provocation unworthy of his own keyboard and said so (see my post thereon).

What differentiates a 'true' supporter who watches games live, a fan who doesn't/can't but is no less passionate for that, a 'glass half empty' commentator, and a 'keyboard warrior'? They're hardly scientifically insulated categories. For me, there are just fans who are more or less eloquent, with more or less of interest to say. The ones I like here are the opinionated kind with a passionate viewpoint of their own, who aren't afraid to go against the consensus, but in a way that doesn't just abuse people stupidly. All the best fans are a bit benignly mad that way.

PS Random fact - the late Prince (His Purple Raininess) didn't like the word 'fan', since, as he pointed out, it's short for 'fanatic'.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 13:44]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 13:49 - Sep 30 with 1431 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 13:42 - Sep 30 by stainrods_elbow

I appreciate this post. As one of the antagonists, I was really responding to Clive's parting comment on his (otherwise tasty as usual) WBA report about how all the fans who were there were much more supportive of the team than those who weren't, which I found a bit silly and unfair, and certainly a 'broad brush' provocation unworthy of his own keyboard and said so (see my post thereon).

What differentiates a 'true' supporter who watches games live, a fan who doesn't/can't but is no less passionate for that, a 'glass half empty' commentator, and a 'keyboard warrior'? They're hardly scientifically insulated categories. For me, there are just fans who are more or less eloquent, with more or less of interest to say. The ones I like here are the opinionated kind with a passionate viewpoint of their own, who aren't afraid to go against the consensus, but in a way that doesn't just abuse people stupidly. All the best fans are a bit benignly mad that way.

PS Random fact - the late Prince (His Purple Raininess) didn't like the word 'fan', since, as he pointed out, it's short for 'fanatic'.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 13:44]

I'd agree. But I'd also caveat by saying that a fan who just continually posts negative nonsense, sometimes abusive, all over social media without much, if anything, that is constructive, is not much of a fan, however much they purport to 'care' or be 'passionate about my club.'

Bare bones.

Chair on 16:02 - Sep 30 with 1377 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Chair post-match interview now on the official:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ilias-chair-on-birmingham-win-290921/

In his own words, he wasn't happy with his performances in the last couple of games and it was important for him to come back and show what he was all about.

I trust that this puts all the conspiracy theories to bed.
Chair on 17:01 - Sep 30 with 1341 viewsTacticalR

I notice that Chair is now shooting across the keeper and to the far post more often (he always used to go for the near post). This is more sensible as there is more of a chance for somebody else to get a goal from a rebound.

Air hostess clique

Chair on 15:40 - Oct 1 with 1195 viewsMatch82

Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't look subdued at all, not sure what you've seen there Dylan. Was laughing and smiling and chucking his shirt to kids as he left the pitch.
Possibly upset by the ludicrous criticism on Friday for one bloody mistake, and I don't blame him, considering how good he is for us.
Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans. Bewildering. Otherwise, he was an absolute ball of energy all night.

"Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans"

Don't have to look much further back than Eze a couple of years ago to be fair.

I think we've just been starved of talent coming through the pipeline and as a result (some) fans apply the same standards and expectations to a young player as an established pro. Couldn't be happier that this is changing in front of our eyes.
Chair on 14:19 - Oct 11 with 1041 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 14:29 - Oct 11 with 1010 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chair on 14:19 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

When ever I’ve seen this kid play, I always leave with the impression this kid can play!

Enjoy him while we’ve got him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes LÒ€ℒoccitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024