Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst matches ever 20:27 - Nov 4 with 5913 viewsWatford_Ranger

Watching Reading v PNE and it is possibly the worst 20 minutes of football I’ve ever seen at any level. Got me thinking what our worst ever games were. Some real dross under Hart and further back Houston but can’t remember anything so devoid of anything as this game.
Worst matches ever on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 4431 viewsaston_hoop

We drew 0-0 against Coventry at the Ricoh once that was easily the worst game I've ever attended. I literally don't think anything happened. Looks like it was in 2008

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Worst matches ever on 20:33 - Nov 4 with 4434 viewsLogman

I can remember applauding successfully completed 10 yard passes when we had the likes of Legeirtwood in the team. Can't remember the manager. Also, the football under Sousa was absolutely dire. You were just waiting for 4.50. Vauxhall Motors at home followed by Cardiff (0-4) was pretty depressing too. Kind of made you think whether life was worth living.
Worst matches ever on 20:47 - Nov 4 with 4373 viewsted_hendrix

fakes 0 QPR 0.

One Sunday it was gruesome, I think from memory It was a near end of season game.

Neither team could be arsed, I think a few fans in the ground were lucky enough to drop dead.

It was anti football, utterly atrocious.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Worst matches ever on 20:49 - Nov 4 with 4362 viewsterryb

Please read Clive's sugestion in the match preview about watching this game!

Our worst ever games? It's hard for me to decide between at home to West Brom on Boxing Day 1968 or at home to Bolton in 1970, a week after losing in the FA Cup 6th round.

Both were 4-0 losses, as was at home to Bolton in 2011, but the latter doesn't compare to the other two.
Worst matches ever on 21:04 - Nov 4 with 4318 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree with the OP, this is absolutely appalling.

I really like the chamnpionship, but this is barely sport.

Bare bones.

Worst matches ever on 21:18 - Nov 4 with 4283 viewsJames_Paddocks

Two clubs going nowhere in a hurry. They both reek of 16th.
Worst matches ever on 21:26 - Nov 4 with 4256 viewsHantsR

Glad I decided not to watch it.

Worst game I can recall was 0-0 against Cambridge in 2002- a £5 deal as I recall? Took my nipper and it was cold and dire as I remember. I think Dave Kitson was playing playing for them and he looked ok.
Worst matches ever on 21:39 - Nov 4 with 4214 viewsOakR

We had a 0-0 against Millwall ages ago (think we were both in D1 then) which I remember was abbsolutely dire.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst matches ever on 21:42 - Nov 4 with 4201 viewsMick_S

Worst matches ever on 21:39 - Nov 4 by OakR

We had a 0-0 against Millwall ages ago (think we were both in D1 then) which I remember was abbsolutely dire.

Preston are creeping up the table.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Worst matches ever on 22:02 - Nov 4 with 4151 viewsRs_Holy

Worst matches ever on 21:26 - Nov 4 by HantsR

Glad I decided not to watch it.

Worst game I can recall was 0-0 against Cambridge in 2002- a £5 deal as I recall? Took my nipper and it was cold and dire as I remember. I think Dave Kitson was playing playing for them and he looked ok.

i remember that one... it was in the DouDou era :(
Worst matches ever on 22:04 - Nov 4 with 4143 viewsManinBlack

Worst matches ever on 21:18 - Nov 4 by James_Paddocks

Well Reading do. We can slate off Preston as much as we like but they are hard to beat. Won 4 of the last 5 and level on points with us. They get the job done even if if is not entertaining. Can't see them dropping towards the drop zone.
Worst matches ever on 22:22 - Nov 4 with 4109 viewsdaveB

Worst matches ever on 21:18 - Nov 4 by James_Paddocks

Preston are doing pretty well, level on points with us now
Worst matches ever on 05:41 - Nov 5 with 3934 viewsKonk

Hibs v Aberdeen. 0-0. On a Sunday. Sh it crowd. Early kick-off from memory. Very little happened and the few chances there were, either ended in air shots or were shanked out of play. There had been a minute’s silence for 9/11 before the game, and after about 85 minutes, the old bloke who’d been sat silently along from us, got up to leave and as he made his way out said, “Well, at least none of those poor cu nts that died on 9/11 had to watch this”. That’s how bad a game it was.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Worst matches ever on 06:36 - Nov 5 with 3903 viewsTGRRRSSS

Anyone remember DouDou and Leroy Griffiths upfront at the Vetch Field against Swansea - televised FA Cup game - think we lost 4-0.

That was a dire time for QPR.

Swansea then I think at least 1 division below but possible 2?
Worst matches ever on 06:50 - Nov 5 with 3889 viewsRs_Holy

Worst matches ever on 06:36 - Nov 5 by TGRRRSSS

Anyone remember DouDou and Leroy Griffiths upfront at the Vetch Field against Swansea - televised FA Cup game - think we lost 4-0.

That was a dire time for QPR.

Swansea then I think at least 1 division below but possible 2?

Oh yeah … the good old days (not). The transformation from that team to the one which made the playoff final the following season was incredible really. Fair play to Ollie… probably his greatest achievement?
Worst matches ever on 06:55 - Nov 5 with 3871 viewsTGRRRSSS

Agreed he has his faults and I think he'd done in management but for a period Ollie really did transform us and really got the club moving for a while in the right direction.
Worst matches ever on 07:49 - Nov 5 with 3805 viewsHayesender

Stockport away around 2002. 0-0 and I fell asleep on the terrace

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst matches ever on 07:58 - Nov 5 with 3792 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR v Wembley FC

Late 80's. At Vale Farm. Middlesex Cup. On a night of freezing fog. Colder than a welldigger's ass.

Rangers fielded a youth team - Greg Costello, Stephen Lynch, that crop. Good lads, but no-one wanted to be there. No-one. One of those nights where you really, genuinely, assessed what you were doing with your life.

0-0 after ninety minutes, of which about two minutes would have been able to stand up and honestly declare themselves as football. First period of extra time. Nothing. Only more shame and doom.

By the second period, the sparse crowd of both persuasions wanted to go home so badly, and cared about the result so very little that they all, all nineteen of us, united in cheering every 'attack' (and I use the word 'attack' in its loosest possible sense) , no matter which team were 'attacking' , in the hope that it might, just might lead to a shot, a chance, a hope, a glimmer, of an actual goal, a goal that would save us from the dreaded ruination of penalties, which would surely be the saving of our mortal existence, as we would otherwise surely expire from hypothermia, boredom, indifference or shame.

I have no idea how it ended up. No known or imagined therapy could weevil its way that deep into the furthest-flung cobwebbed corners of my consciousness where results like this cower. Maybe it never ended. Maybe it's still doom-clanging on. I know I'll never drive through Sudbury again, and look down that road.

You can't be too careful.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 11:34]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst matches ever on 10:01 - Nov 5 with 3692 viewsSuperhoop83

Easy.

QPR 0 Bury 0. August 1998.

I still wake up screaming.

Suffering since 1978.

Worst matches ever on 10:20 - Nov 5 with 3663 viewskernowhoop

I remember an end-of-season game at Highbury which was pretty dire. 0-0.
Worst matches ever on 11:31 - Nov 5 with 3586 viewsQPRSteve

Couple of 0-0 games with Middlesbrough in the 70's when Jack Charlton was their manager. I hated having to watch his teams play us.
Worst matches ever on 12:35 - Nov 5 with 3521 viewsLowerloftLad

QPR V Palace 0-0 pretty sure it was boxing day in the Premier season, neither side could be bothered that day.

We played reading at home one season and the game was so bad I actually fell asleep.

vauxhall moters, Charlton away under Harry redknap and scunthorpe away in the promotion season, All poor performance that are worth a shout out.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:38]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Worst matches ever on 14:40 - Nov 5 with 3418 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Citeh away late 90s. We were either 2 or 3 down and doing well to be on nil. Shocking display.

HT approached and I said to my fellow Manc Rs of the time, I'm off, see you in the pub and headed for the door. I'd say there were another 20 or so similarly minded souls eager to get out. However, the stewards wouldn't let us out and said we'd have to watch the second half. A copper came by and actually said to the stewards: let them go, it'd be too cruel to make them endure another 45 like that!

Newcastle at home under JFH. Arrived late and we were already losing, left after their fourth which wasn't even HT as I recall. Utterly appalling 30 odd minutes from the Rangers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worst matches ever on 00:40 - Nov 6 with 3272 viewsqueensparker

Worst matches ever on 12:35 - Nov 5 by LowerloftLad

QPR V Palace 0-0 pretty sure it was boxing day in the Premier season, neither side could be bothered that day.

We played reading at home one season and the game was so bad I actually fell asleep.

vauxhall moters, Charlton away under Harry redknap and scunthorpe away in the promotion season, All poor performance that are worth a shout out.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:38]

I remember a Boxing Day Palace 0-0 in the early 90s, I’ll go with that.

F-kin feeezing, an early kick off so had to wake up far too early with a Christmas hangover to trek to outer south London on random trains, it was £15 on the door to get in which was a massive pisstake back then, and the most 0-0 of all time, just two teams hoofing it back and forth on an icy pitch

One of those games where you’re standing there thinking “what the fk am I doing here”
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 0:44]
Worst matches ever on 12:13 - Nov 6 with 3099 viewsextratimeR

Yes, def the Palace game in the Premiership, ( as mentioned above).

A really terrible game, passing so bad, ( from both sides) crowd, ( around me anyway), were laughing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024