Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The opinion you got totally wrong. 18:17 - Oct 25 with 7968 viewsWestonsuperR

Following on from my question of who wanted Ainsworth, no one has admitted it. What QPR opinion or view did you have that has been the most incorrect? Happy to start, I thought Caulker was a brilliant signing and a clear indication we would stay in the Premier League long-term.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:21 - Oct 25 with 5166 viewsqprxtc

Supporting them in the first place.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:26 - Oct 25 with 5145 viewsNorthernr

I thought Clint Hill was a crap signing and we should have got Dusko Tosic instead.

I thought Steven Caulker was a brilliant signing that "even QPR couldn't mess up".
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:31 - Oct 25 with 5104 viewsParkRoyalR

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:26 - Oct 25 by Northernr

I thought Clint Hill was a crap signing and we should have got Dusko Tosic instead.

I thought Steven Caulker was a brilliant signing that "even QPR couldn't mess up".

I thought in the absence of any players coming through from our own Academy, Michael Beale might be the right man at the right time for us with his contact book and knowledge of good young players who were'nt just good enough to make it in the Premier League but would be great additions to our Championship squad!
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:32 - Oct 25 with 5093 viewsLblock

Many years ago I had an opinion that my fork which had on it about twenty green chilli’s, from Jalfrezis my colleagues didn’t want, would not effect me adversely should I unload the contents into my mouth and chew.
My two mates with me in the curry house backed that opinion up.

I was wrong
They were wrong
What happened at the tail end of that Saturday night was most definitely wrong
Totally wrong

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:35 - Oct 25 with 5087 viewsconnell10

I believed every word Beale said , God what a mug I was!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:46 - Oct 25 with 5051 viewsJamesB1979

I thought when we signed Diakite permanently we had the new Patrick Viera.
I was amazed and delighted that a player like Park Ji Sung joined us. I thought with those 2, we were going to finish top half.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 5042 viewsqpr_1968

i wanted ainsworth here like a lot of us, his first pre match chat was superb and most of us were sucked in by it.....but as we've all found out, he talks a good game.
he looked as if he was on something last night in the that post match report.

so i got that one wrong...
i know nothing about football tactics....only the rules...

oh, and i thought tony scully was god.....so thats another one.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:50 - Oct 25 with 5037 viewsAirtomoreira

I thought that giving up supporting Liverpool (given that's where I was born and raised) at the age of 13 (56 years ago) for QPR was a great decision (don't tell anyone, but secretly I still do)
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 18:51]
Login to get fewer ads

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:54 - Oct 25 with 5002 viewscolinallcars

I thought Les Ferdinand was hopeless early on.
Now I think Armstrong is hopeless…let's hope I'm wrong again.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:56 - Oct 25 with 4995 viewsPhilmyRs

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:46 - Oct 25 by JamesB1979

I thought when we signed Diakite permanently we had the new Patrick Viera.
I was amazed and delighted that a player like Park Ji Sung joined us. I thought with those 2, we were going to finish top half.

Yeah, Diakite is the one I'm most ashamed of in terms of being wrong. Thought he would be a top player, instead he was a liability. I also thought Derry was a poor signing at the time. Just had memories of him at Palace really struggling to deal with Adel/Akos, but he turned out to be a great player for us.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 19:50 - Oct 25 with 4866 viewsloftboy

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:54 - Oct 25 by colinallcars

I thought Les Ferdinand was hopeless early on.
Now I think Armstrong is hopeless…let's hope I'm wrong again.

Same here, I called him a headless chicken when he made his debut, I think it was at Hillsboro.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:05 - Oct 25 with 4828 viewsDorse

Was convinced Dichio would be the long-term answer to Les leaving.

Delighted when we signed Isla / Mutch / Caulker / Ferdinand, R. Thought 'now we have a proper side!'

Thought Houston was a smart choice for manager.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:15 - Oct 25 with 4784 viewsloftus77

Esteban Granero (aka 'The Pirate') was the one for me. I thought signings like that (from Real Madrid IIRC?) were launching us into a new top-half top-flight era....
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:22 - Oct 25 with 4757 viewsNorthernr

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:15 - Oct 25 by loftus77

Esteban Granero (aka 'The Pirate') was the one for me. I thought signings like that (from Real Madrid IIRC?) were launching us into a new top-half top-flight era....

Similar vibe from me towards Junior Hoilett.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:25 - Oct 25 with 4742 viewskensalriser

2010/11 promotion season I was feeling pretty jaded about QPR and thinking it was going to be another attritional staying in the championship season, couldn't be bothered to attend the first home game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:28 - Oct 25 with 4734 viewsAntti_Heinola

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:56 - Oct 25 by PhilmyRs

Yeah, Diakite is the one I'm most ashamed of in terms of being wrong. Thought he would be a top player, instead he was a liability. I also thought Derry was a poor signing at the time. Just had memories of him at Palace really struggling to deal with Adel/Akos, but he turned out to be a great player for us.

I wouldn’t be ashamed of it. We all wanted him, he looked like a great player, scored a great goal in a great individual performance v arsenal. He looked the real deal.

I thought JFH was a great appointment.

And i thought furlong was a dreadful signing. I wasn’t alone there!

Bare bones.

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:30 - Oct 25 with 4725 viewsRanger_Things

Paul Furlong.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:33 - Oct 25 with 4707 viewsGaryBannister86

I too thought Les was useless at first.

I distinctly remember being appalled by signing the geriatric Ray Wilkins and Trevor Francis.

Three of the very best players I saw in the hoops.

I also thought Mark Hateley would be a class signing.

Was excited when Chris Wright took over, as used to have a season ticket behind him.

So please ignore anything I ever write on here.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 21:24 - Oct 25 with 4611 viewsE15Hoop

I thought every season supporting this bloody club would be like 1975-76.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 21:33 - Oct 25 with 4565 viewsLordPork

I thought Bob Malcom's Olympic Silver medal in the men's high jump was good indicator the man could jump ........woe is me.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 21:47 - Oct 25 with 4519 viewspaulparker

The Tune group being good for Rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 21:53 - Oct 25 with 4497 viewsQPRSteve

Park and Hoillet I thought were fantastic signings. Ray "the Crab" Wilkins I thought was dreadful.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 22:12 - Oct 25 with 4414 viewsVancouverHoop

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:31 - Oct 25 by ParkRoyalR

I thought in the absence of any players coming through from our own Academy, Michael Beale might be the right man at the right time for us with his contact book and knowledge of good young players who were'nt just good enough to make it in the Premier League but would be great additions to our Championship squad!

Yup. I fell for his bullsh*t too. As did quite a few on here IIRC.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 22:17 - Oct 25 with 4399 viewsSK_hoops

Thought second time round Charlie and Johanson were going to be our saviours.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 22:30 - Oct 25 with 4383 viewsmarkrtid

At the time.I thought Stewart Houston and Bruce Rioch was a great move.
Swindon burst that bubble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024