Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kissgate 16:21 - Nov 3 with 32433 viewsWatford_Ranger

All going off on QPR Twitter today. If you know you know
Kissgate on 18:15 - Nov 3 with 4964 viewsRangersw12

Kissgate on 18:34 - Nov 3 with 4833 viewsqueensparker

Got to feel for the bloke - I once posted a tame joke on Twitter years ago and it went viral and mental with hundreds of thousands of likes etc and even that stressed me the fk out, was a weird experience with all sorts of nutters suddenly in my life .

God knows how he’s feeling having humiliated himself with his own hand. Hope he’s got people looking out for him.

WTF was he thinking
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 21:01]
Kissgate on 18:43 - Nov 3 with 4777 viewsNorthernr

Kissgate on 18:34 - Nov 3 by queensparker

Got to feel for the bloke - I once posted a tame joke on Twitter years ago and it went viral and mental with hundreds of thousands of likes etc and even that stressed me the fk out, was a weird experience with all sorts of nutters suddenly in my life .

God knows how he’s feeling having humiliated himself with his own hand. Hope he’s got people looking out for him.

WTF was he thinking
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 21:01]

Yeh it's self inflicted, and that 'statement' is... not the best, but it's a nightmare.

Had something similar a few years ago.

I got a gig writing the Telegraph's Football on TV guide, which was basically sponsored content to highlight how many sports channels you could subscribe to on Virgin Media. They reckoned, and they were right, that there was football available on Virgin every day of the year except Christmas, so my job was basically to pick a game each day, and write something pithy about it.

Problem was, sometimes, Thursdays usually, the only game you had was some Scottish second division game on BBC Alba, so you had to write a lot about fcking Falkirk. Also, with LFW, and the day job, it was hellishly time consuming, because you had to produce copy two weeks in advance for every day of the week, it was well-paid but it was ceaseless.

Anyway running late one Friday night, day job done, match preview posted, I set to work on the next batch, tired, fed up, not really paying any attention. This was the time that Rangers had sunk into the bottom division and financially collapsed and basically couldn't stand up for falling down, so I tossed out some lazy throwaway remark trying (and failing) to be funny that may, to the untrained eye, have looked like I was accusing them all of being wife beaters. Don't ask.

It went fcking nuts. My company got besieged, Telegraph got besieged and I ended up losing the gig, they found my address on 192.com and the police had to get involved, there's still some mega 50 page message board thread out there somewhere where they're all coming for me that I've never been able to bring myself to read. It is horrible, but it was my fault.
Kissgate on 18:52 - Nov 3 with 4732 viewsHAMRanger

Kissgate on 18:43 - Nov 3 by Northernr

Yeh it's self inflicted, and that 'statement' is... not the best, but it's a nightmare.

I got a gig writing the Telegraph's Football on TV guide, which was basically sponsored content to highlight how many sports channels you could subscribe to on Virgin Media. They reckoned, and they were right, that there was football available on Virgin every day of the year except Christmas, so my job was basically to pick a game each day, and write something pithy about it.

Problem was, sometimes, Thursdays usually, the only game you had was some Scottish second division game on BBC Alba, so you had to write a lot about fcking Falkirk. Also, with LFW, and the day job, it was hellishly time consuming, because you had to produce copy two weeks in advance for every day of the week, it was well-paid but it was ceaseless.

Anyway running late one Friday night, day job done, match preview posted, I set to work on the next batch, tired, fed up, not really paying any attention. This was the time that Rangers had sunk into the bottom division and financially collapsed and basically couldn't stand up for falling down, so I tossed out some lazy throwaway remark trying (and failing) to be funny that may, to the untrained eye, have looked like I was accusing them all of being wife beaters. Don't ask.

It went fcking nuts. My company got besieged, Telegraph got besieged and I ended up losing the gig, they found my address on 192.com and the police had to get involved, there's still some mega 50 page message board thread out there somewhere where they're all coming for me that I've never been able to bring myself to read. It is horrible, but it was my fault.

Kissgate on 19:04 - Nov 3 with 4647 viewsBklynRanger

Modern life is a minefield
Kissgate on 19:10 - Nov 3 with 4586 viewsLunarJetman

Kissgate on 18:15 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

“Please think before you speak” is a little ironic in this message….
Kissgate on 19:30 - Nov 3 with 4439 viewsstowmarketrange

Kissgate on 19:10 - Nov 3 by LunarJetman

“Please think before you speak” is a little ironic in this message….

Is it ok to pull him up for putting effecting instead of affecting?
Kissgate on 19:44 - Nov 3 with 4373 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Kissgate on 19:30 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

Is it ok to pull him up for putting effecting instead of affecting?

Now that would be funny 🤣😂
Login to get fewer ads

Kissgate on 19:47 - Nov 3 with 4349 viewsRangersw12

Kissgate on 20:04 - Nov 3 with 4259 viewskensalriser

That of course wouldn't have happened in the days when there were sub-editors.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kissgate on 20:14 - Nov 3 with 4194 viewsconnell10

I'm totally confused , dont do twitter as it seems to me totally pointless . So I really don't understand any of this.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Kissgate on 20:19 - Nov 3 with 4164 viewsNorthernr

Kissgate on 20:04 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

That of course wouldn't have happened in the days when there were sub-editors.

Absolutely. I'm very, very lucky that the day job not only has sub editors, but invests in retaining the best of the best and is currently recruiting more. I came through local papers at a time when they got rid of them all, so you've got 23 year old me coming back from a murder trial posting copy straight onto a public website. Insane situation.
Kissgate on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 4019 viewsEalingHoop81

Has the video disappeared. I have looked at Twitter and can see a ton of tweets but no clear idea of what actually happened…other than some QPR fan’s GF did something pretty inappropriate with an 18 year old? Why has it gone viral? What am I missing?
Kissgate on 20:51 - Nov 3 with 3980 viewsSydneyRs

Imagine the night their poor wives had that day!
Kissgate on 20:51 - Nov 3 with 3973 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Basically for those not on Twitter…

Boy meets girl

Boy marries girl

Boy takes girl to QPR away

Boy falsely accuses girl of infidelity with a tall teenager on Carrow Rd concourse and bares his arse on social media about it (twice)
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 20:55]
Kissgate on 20:52 - Nov 3 with 3968 viewsNorthernr

Kissgate on 20:51 - Nov 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Basically for those not on Twitter…

Boy meets girl

Boy marries girl

Boy takes girl to QPR away

Boy falsely accuses girl of infidelity with a tall teenager on Carrow Rd concourse and bares his arse on social media about it (twice)
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 20:55]

Kissgate on 20:54 - Nov 3 with 3947 viewsdaveB

I feel for the bloke but was a bloody stupid thing to tweet in the first place, opened himself up to riddicule
Kissgate on 21:02 - Nov 3 with 3896 viewsEalingHoop81

So to be clear. His wife didn’t do anything?
Kissgate on 21:03 - Nov 3 with 3877 viewsNorthernr

Kissgate on 21:02 - Nov 3 by EalingHoop81

So to be clear. His wife didn’t do anything?

Nothing.

Bet she's had a great day.
Kissgate on 21:04 - Nov 3 with 3868 viewsNorthernr

Kissgate on 20:51 - Nov 3 by SydneyRs

Imagine the night their poor wives had that day!

You're a terrible person
Kissgate on 21:04 - Nov 3 with 3862 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kissgate on 20:54 - Nov 3 by daveB

I feel for the bloke but was a bloody stupid thing to tweet in the first place, opened himself up to riddicule

I’m torn.

The sensible, wokey-liberal part of me has serious concerns for his welfare and hopes they’ll get through what are some deep emotional problems together but the other half of me, with the British DNA, wants to laugh like you would when you pull your mates shorts down on holiday in a family restaurant full of elderly Germans.

I hope it works out for them.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 21:06]
Kissgate on 21:04 - Nov 3 with 3864 viewsMiss_Terraces

Yes I get that but it's at the football and he does seem to be like most of us in that enjoys a drink too. Rationality flies out of the window and regret follows soon enough.
Growing up in the Eighties and Nineties was so much easier without social media

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Kissgate on 21:05 - Nov 3 with 3845 viewsdaveB

Kissgate on 23:52 - Nov 3 with 3326 viewslarsricchi

Kissgate on 16:24 - Nov 3 by Northernr

I just don't know what would possess somebody to post that publicly
I know you shouldn't laugh but some of the replies have made me chuckle.

Kissgate on 00:06 - Nov 4 with 3283 viewsBoston

Quick spellcheck needed there Davo.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024