Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Ainsworth get? 11:52 - Apr 2 with 23319 views1JD

- 5 defeats in the opening 6 games.
- A football style that is borderline unwatchable.
- Losses to R’ham, Blackpool, Brum, Wigan.
- Rambling interviews that have same sentences that contradict.
- A decision to radically change the style of play, at a critical juncture, that doesn’t fit the players one bit.

To be frank, I’ve never witnessed such a squad-manager mismatch, and I find the appointment unfathomable on so many levels. A great man, for sure. But never in a million years is this a good fit.

Critchley had 12 games. Ainsworth, by the season end, will have had 13 games.

I’m not sure the players believe in Ainsworth. His methods and philosophies are alien to them. Never been an advocate for a rapid change, but the situation has become absolutely dire. Does the club need to act now to give us a fighting chance? As it stands, we are going down.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:44 - Apr 2 with 2917 viewsdaveB

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:27 - Apr 2 by 1JD

That’s true Dave, but as I wrote on another thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if this reversion back to our previous style was a result of behind the scenes stuff.

It certainly wasn’t in line with GAs style or Brum post match comments where he was quite insistent he/we would continue as we were. Suggests an interjection. And all is, unsurprisingly, not well.

He's said in a few interviews since that game that we were too direct in the Birmingham game
How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:44 - Apr 2 with 2918 viewsNorthantsHoop

I like Ainsworth he can turn it in my opinion if he ever gets a chance to clear out the dross putting on a Hoops shirt at the moment.
For me we had the right manager in Mark Warburton but as ever we threw the baby out with the bath water and the mistake of letting him go has come to pass. All this no plan B rubbish didn't help, it has been a spiral downwards with both the Beale and Critchley appointments. I think we will probably go down because as bad as our defending is, we don't score goals only 4 at the loft end all season says a lot about how poor we are.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 2831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

“The definition of insanity is sacking the manager over and over and expecting different results”
How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:02 - Apr 2 with 2810 viewskropotkin41

How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:57 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

“The definition of insanity is sacking the manager over and over and expecting different results”

Really hard to believe that GA is getting any blame for this. He can't force players who don't play and won't play to play. We could have appointed anyone at this stage and still got relegated. And/but, given that we are going down, Ainsworth will be the man for the job.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:03 - Apr 2 with 2798 viewsRs_Holy

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:33 - Apr 2 by TheChef

You're quite right, Pochettino will be desperate to come to us.

Used to support QPR as a boy 👍
How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:08 - Apr 2 with 2770 viewsMedwayR

How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:57 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought that was the definition of Watford?

Poll: Who’s better?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 2737 viewsjohnhoop

How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:02 - Apr 2 by kropotkin41

Really hard to believe that GA is getting any blame for this. He can't force players who don't play and won't play to play. We could have appointed anyone at this stage and still got relegated. And/but, given that we are going down, Ainsworth will be the man for the job.

With the run of injuries and the toxic dressing-room that Ainsworth inherited it would have been nigh-on miraculous if he had been able to bring a halt to the downward spiral.
If you look at our remaining run of fixtures in the light of the way we have been performing over the last five months then yes, we are as good as down, which will be disastrous for the club.
But the choice we have is to either accept relegation with a few remaining shreds of dignity or behave like an absolute bunch of c–––ts by sh-tting all over a club legend and thoroughly decent bloke who has been installed as a way of deflecting the blame from those in charge of the football side of the club.
The only manager who could possibly have saved us was Warnock and he’d already been snapped up by Huddersfield.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 14:14]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:16 - Apr 2 with 2716 viewsmylot50years

How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:59 - Apr 2 by TheChef

People still haven't worked out the manager is not the issue.

No manager could get a tune out of this sorry bunch.

Balogun's foul for the penalty was so thick, you can only assume he had money on how early we could concede.

Continuing to start with Martin is down to GA and go a long way to getting us relegated
Martin tries but sadly only fit for the bench
Things need changing by Friday time is running out
Login to get fewer ads

How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:32 - Apr 2 with 2595 viewsstevec

Well if there’s any upside in GA taking us down, we’ll be so far away from VAR decisions I’ll be in heaven. WTF was going on over that clear West Ham goal?
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:00 - Apr 2 with 2481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:02 - Apr 2 by kropotkin41

Yeah.

People are rightly furious but machine gunning all and sundry isn’t fair.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:10 - Apr 2 with 2455 viewswesty

All this style of play shit cracks me up. What the fck do you expect him to do. All the keyboard managers, I would do this I would do that, play this way that way etc. no you wouldn’t as you don’t, haven’t and will never be in the position to do so.
Please explain what this mystical QPR way of playing is.
Cos as far as I can see most of it is dreamland bollox.
Wycombe certainly weren’t one dimensional hence why they were and still are massively over achieving.
No manager can make a player / players who are not good enough suddenly start passing the ball around like Brazil ala 70,s & 80,s style.
Some of the comments on here are deluded.

GA has proved he can work with limited playing ability and get the best out of them.
He has proved he can bring in youngsters and sell on for a good fee
And he has proved very successful in the loans market
All of which will stand QPR in good stead in the future.
To think that QPR are some kind of football creators is laughable tbh.

People need to realise what we have and what we can and can’t spend in order to achieve as best as possible and be a bit more honest with their assessments and assumptions.

Yes it’s been shit results against poor opposition but throwing GA under the bus is ridiculous.

More of the Watford performances would be a start but when you have such a pathetic and pampered bunch of players to work with they are where they are for a reason.

Give GA the opportunity to get his own men in and I think you’ll see better results however will it ever be the infamous, mysterious QPR way that some think is here I’m not so sure.

We need to yet again get behind them for Friday and hope like fck we can get 3 points.

Just to add did anyone see Brighton’s style of play goal yesterday.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 15:27]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:17 - Apr 2 with 2426 viewsR_from_afar

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:13 - Apr 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Optimistically, Preston are the only team we've beaten apart from Watford since the Bronze Age.

Post of the week, thank you for shining some light into darkness

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:31 - Apr 2 with 2371 viewsdmm

Once again we come back to something the club craves but rarely achieves. Stability. Three managers a season rarely works unless you get very lucky. For better or worse, we must stick with Ainsworth.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:37 - Apr 2 with 2355 viewshertshoops

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:11 - Apr 2 by nadera78

Flat out - if the club sacrifices Ainsworth then I'm done. We have an appallingly assembled squad; a mixture of players who can't be bothered, are soft as sh*te, and plain aren't good enough. We have executives who change course on a whim. We have owners who have burned through managers, players, money (both theirs and ours) and opportunities. They still show absolutely no semblance of knowing what they're doing.

If they now, after all that, hire and fire (and in the process destroy the QPR reputation of) a man like Gareth Ainsworth then I'm walking away. No season ticket, no merchandise, nothing. Done.

Absofookinglutely this

Until next season anyway
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:44 - Apr 2 with 2335 viewsjoe90

I think he has to be allowed to build his own team to suite his style of play and then, and only then, will we sack him and bring in Viera (at any cost) on 3 year contract with no player budget. It’s the QPR way, there’s no point trying to fight it.

Seriously though, we’ll probably sack Ainsworth at the worst possible time, by my reckoning that’s probably just before next season starts.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 15:45]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 2295 viewsmart_Goblin

Personally think ‘style of play’ is a load of nonsense for the most part.

Yes we can all say GA’s style of play is this and that blah blah …but once they go onto the pitch the players play what’s in front of them .
Style of play doesn’t affect passing from A to B or out running or battling your opponent.
I’ve seen us in many areas in the last few weeks where we just haven’t picked the correct pass it made the right decision and mostly not executed the pass well enough or controlled it well enough .
These players are done, hiding , shrinking under the pressure. Not Ainsworth , pep or Fergie could sort this out .

So when will people see that overall …yes GA might make questionable decisions..but it’s NOt the managers !!!!!

For the first time yesterday , GA looked QPR’d to me .
How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 2284 viewsJamesB1979

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:55 - Apr 2 by traininvain

The funny thing is that you could’ve said the same about Critchley word for word.

Yeah 100%. Critchley came across as decent fella and was only given 12 games.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 16:00 - Apr 2 with 2259 viewsDamo1962

How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:53 - Apr 2 by mart_Goblin

Personally think ‘style of play’ is a load of nonsense for the most part.

Yes we can all say GA’s style of play is this and that blah blah …but once they go onto the pitch the players play what’s in front of them .
Style of play doesn’t affect passing from A to B or out running or battling your opponent.
I’ve seen us in many areas in the last few weeks where we just haven’t picked the correct pass it made the right decision and mostly not executed the pass well enough or controlled it well enough .
These players are done, hiding , shrinking under the pressure. Not Ainsworth , pep or Fergie could sort this out .

So when will people see that overall …yes GA might make questionable decisions..but it’s NOt the managers !!!!!

For the first time yesterday , GA looked QPR’d to me .

I hope a bit of a rest in the summer does Gareth some good. Having said that...he is going to be busy behind the scenes sorting this mess out.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:07 - Apr 2 with 2096 viewspaulparker

How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:55 - Apr 2 by JamesB1979

Yeah 100%. Critchley came across as decent fella and was only given 12 games.

Decent fella but a dreadful manager , for that appointment alone Les should have been shown the door

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:11 - Apr 2 with 2074 viewsPinnerPaul

How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:59 - Apr 2 by TheChef

People still haven't worked out the manager is not the issue.

No manager could get a tune out of this sorry bunch.

Balogun's foul for the penalty was so thick, you can only assume he had money on how early we could concede.

Yep - two wins in 22 games, WITH as I've said sooo many times, various members of the "cavalry" - 3 different managers - you can't just keep changing/blaming the manager/Les/Lee/"The board"/"Injuries"/Beale/Critchley - as you see fit - its obvious isn't it - its down to the PLAYERS!
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:15 - Apr 2 with 2057 viewsJamesB1979

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:07 - Apr 2 by paulparker

Decent fella but a dreadful manager , for that appointment alone Les should have been shown the door

Well results before and after him show that his record wasn’t the bad!
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:16 - Apr 2 with 2056 viewsstowmarketrange

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:00 - Apr 2 by steveo04

100% goes

Starts 343 with dykes wider of the 3 then goes 442 with dykes right wing , then brings on Albert who goes up front , why leaving Martin to run on treacle , not just Wigan game , Birmingham/Blackpool starts with a back 3 by the end I have no clue on formation

We all laughed at Critchley when field was right wing but Ainsworth done the same with dykes yesterday. Why didn’t he go 343 with Willock , dykes and Lowe , gives you Martin for dykes and chair for Willock sub , there was no need to change to a flat back 4 at half time .

That baffled me at Blackpool too.We brought on Albert and Sinclair Armstrong,but Albert seemed to be in the middle while Sinclair was on the left wing.Although at 6-1 down it wouldn’t have made much difference whatever formation he played.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:18 - Apr 2 with 2048 viewsRed_Ranger

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:23 - Apr 2 by 1JD

It begins, because the situation is so dire. Relegation will be absolutely catastrophic.

And I don’t trust him to re-build a side that I want to watch. Should he somehow survive

This!
sorry but a league 1 manager managing a league 1 team. all we need to do now is get relegated. job done. Thanks Les. Not.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:23 - Apr 2 with 2006 viewsitsbiga

He might not want to stick around himself.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 1970 viewsRangersw12

How long does Ainsworth get? on 15:10 - Apr 2 by westy

All this style of play shit cracks me up. What the fck do you expect him to do. All the keyboard managers, I would do this I would do that, play this way that way etc. no you wouldn’t as you don’t, haven’t and will never be in the position to do so.
Please explain what this mystical QPR way of playing is.
Cos as far as I can see most of it is dreamland bollox.
Wycombe certainly weren’t one dimensional hence why they were and still are massively over achieving.
No manager can make a player / players who are not good enough suddenly start passing the ball around like Brazil ala 70,s & 80,s style.
Some of the comments on here are deluded.

GA has proved he can work with limited playing ability and get the best out of them.
He has proved he can bring in youngsters and sell on for a good fee
And he has proved very successful in the loans market
All of which will stand QPR in good stead in the future.
To think that QPR are some kind of football creators is laughable tbh.

People need to realise what we have and what we can and can’t spend in order to achieve as best as possible and be a bit more honest with their assessments and assumptions.

Yes it’s been shit results against poor opposition but throwing GA under the bus is ridiculous.

More of the Watford performances would be a start but when you have such a pathetic and pampered bunch of players to work with they are where they are for a reason.

Give GA the opportunity to get his own men in and I think you’ll see better results however will it ever be the infamous, mysterious QPR way that some think is here I’m not so sure.

We need to yet again get behind them for Friday and hope like fck we can get 3 points.

Just to add did anyone see Brighton’s style of play goal yesterday.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 15:27]

He hasn't proven anything in the Championship though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024