Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves - The Verdicts? 21:52 - Dec 1 with 5911 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Personally, I thought we were the better team up until the goal but not making chances in the box.

With ten men we were still better than them. The slump after their first was worrying, I thought and we definitely lack confidence or stubbornness or a bit of balls in those situations. However, the fightback at the end was encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 21:53 - Dec 1 with 3698 views2Thomas2Bowles

yep and we should have had a Pen
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 21:54]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 3681 viewsDieByYourSide

Classic Championship fare. No rhythm or discernible plan from either side. Completely random, could have been a win for either side or a draw. Oh and a f*cking shit ref to boot. Not immediately obvious what the problem is with our team, hopefully more of an identity will come with time.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 21:55]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 21:58 - Dec 1 with 3645 viewsBakes

We simply don't create enough. It could easily been 5-1, Smithies made 3 fantastic saves. Polter and Washington anonymous. Chery had one of his worse games for us and was partly to blame for Perch getting sent off with his silly flick in our half when surrounded by Wolves players, Perch had to do something. Referee was awful too. Only real highlight was seeing 3 legends on the pitch at HT.

Does this sound too negative?

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 with 3600 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 21:54 - Dec 1 by DieByYourSide

Classic Championship fare. No rhythm or discernible plan from either side. Completely random, could have been a win for either side or a draw. Oh and a f*cking shit ref to boot. Not immediately obvious what the problem is with our team, hopefully more of an identity will come with time.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 21:55]

Agree with most of this, BUT the solution is obvious! Width!! Play proper wingers. Countless times our vast array of central midfielders and forwards looked to lay it off wide and there was no one wide. Vast swathes of the pitch empty. We need to play with width!!

Also, Wolves were f*cking dreadful. The last ten minutes was Sunday League!
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 with 3607 viewsted_hendrix

Nothing wrong with being positive Brian, but we've lost two games on the trot to clubs that were below us in the league and in not too good form, that's what worries me, that and a slight bit of head dropping.
I said last week Holloway has his bloody work cut out, It sure would help him though if we could play with 11 players on the pitch.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 with 3603 viewsbosh67

Ned really can't pass a football at the moment, or ever. Ollie has a lot of work to do and he needs to find wide players who can put the ball to the forwards in the box.

Overall, difficult for a team playing with 10 men for that long. Difficult to get morale up but at least Ollie and Birch have some time to work with them. But they really need some proper wide players, dedicated right and left wingers and... I think we need Mackie back in this side at the moment as captain, because at least he would lead.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:04 - Dec 1 with 3576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 by ted_hendrix

Nothing wrong with being positive Brian, but we've lost two games on the trot to clubs that were below us in the league and in not too good form, that's what worries me, that and a slight bit of head dropping.
I said last week Holloway has his bloody work cut out, It sure would help him though if we could play with 11 players on the pitch.

I agree about the heads dropping, Ted. I don't like the look of that. Tempting to think that the last five minutes will have rectified that, but that may be wishful thinking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:05 - Dec 1 with 3570 viewsBakes

What worries me is the amount of room our wing backs give the opposition wingers, Robinson was totally at fault for the second. A few times during the game he let a cross come in when he could have blocked.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:06 - Dec 1 with 3546 viewsPunteR

Still early days for Ollie. Sounded from the comms he was trying to gee them up and get them fighting back into the game. Do our heads drop too easily?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:06 - Dec 1 with 3540 viewsqprnaas

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 by bosh67

Ned really can't pass a football at the moment, or ever. Ollie has a lot of work to do and he needs to find wide players who can put the ball to the forwards in the box.

Overall, difficult for a team playing with 10 men for that long. Difficult to get morale up but at least Ollie and Birch have some time to work with them. But they really need some proper wide players, dedicated right and left wingers and... I think we need Mackie back in this side at the moment as captain, because at least he would lead.

Shodipo, wsolek, el-kyathi, Ngbakoto, mackie.... Surely we don't need more wingers! Especially if were playing 352 formation
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:06 - Dec 1 with 3540 viewsDieByYourSide

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

Agree with most of this, BUT the solution is obvious! Width!! Play proper wingers. Countless times our vast array of central midfielders and forwards looked to lay it off wide and there was no one wide. Vast swathes of the pitch empty. We need to play with width!!

Also, Wolves were f*cking dreadful. The last ten minutes was Sunday League!

Goes back to the old two up front vs Chery problem then doesn't it? Starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke to be honest, not sure he's getting the best out of us or vice versa

Poll: And it's hi ho

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:08 - Dec 1 with 3515 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:01 - Dec 1 by bosh67

Bosh, we have two genuine wingers: Shodipo and Wszolek. Both have been good this season.

They weren't even on the bench here.

The issue is not personnel; it's the lack of width.

Both Sylla and Polter are big centre forwards and decent in the air. Get it wide, get to the byline and sling it in.

You can't do that though if you play with no wingers....
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:11 - Dec 1 with 3485 viewsToast_R

I thought QPR were sh*t from front to back pretty much. Even when they were on top they couldnt fathom a real chance. Only the goalkeeper played well saving an absolute mauling. Not going to whinge over having 10 men because both teams had 11 to start with but QPR decided to blow it.

Catastrophic defeat to another poor team in bad form. We really need to be looking down the table with concern rather the up the table because I only see this team heading the way of the former.

The Holloway heart thumping was falling on deaf ears a bit. He needs a couple of characters in January but having been out the game a while, I do wonder where he might find some?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 22:14]
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:13 - Dec 1 with 3459 viewskomradkirk

we may need more polish for this turd
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:14 - Dec 1 with 3444 viewsbosh67

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:08 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

Bosh, we have two genuine wingers: Shodipo and Wszolek. Both have been good this season.

Both Sylla and Polter are big centre forwards and decent in the air. Get it wide, get to the byline and sling it in.

We need a genuine left footed left winger. Agreed that Shodipo and Wszolek can play right, along with Mackie, but the huge weakness, the one we have now had forever, is nothing genuinely left footed down the left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:15 - Dec 1 with 3430 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:13 - Dec 1 by komradkirk

we may need more polish for this turd

I think we need more Polish, to be honest.

Get Borysiuk back in the middle and Wszolek wide right.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 3361 views2Thomas2Bowles

Said in the match thread, we are jackal and hide, to soft in midfield, need a leader. that may not change till Jan

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:25 - Dec 1 with 3328 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:14 - Dec 1 by bosh67

We need a genuine left footed left winger. Agreed that Shodipo and Wszolek can play right, along with Mackie, but the huge weakness, the one we have now had forever, is nothing genuinely left footed down the left.

Shodipo played against Leeds on the left for large swathes of the game. He can play wide left for now and Wszolek wide right. It'll work.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:37 - Dec 1 with 3275 views2Thomas2Bowles

I wonder what Ollie really thinks of these players now, he has been talking them up since he got here to give them some confidence but the way he was screaming at them to show some guts in the second half must mean he feels many are bottlers
I bet he is fuming

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:43 - Dec 1 with 3249 viewsHollowayRanger

heads drop

because we don't have a captain a leader someone to keep the players heads up

martin Rowlands shaun derry clint hill o for a frigging leader

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:45 - Dec 1 with 3226 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:37 - Dec 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I wonder what Ollie really thinks of these players now, he has been talking them up since he got here to give them some confidence but the way he was screaming at them to show some guts in the second half must mean he feels many are bottlers
I bet he is fuming

I think Holloway let his team down as much as the other way around tonight. I love Holloway. Very happy with appointment but no pace or width today meant no outlet or means to attack. The players kept looking up in possession and kept realising they had no out ball wide as we had no wide players. The game was crying out for Shodipo of Wszolek to be out there hugging the tough line, receiving the ball and running at their man...yet they weren't even in the squad.

Lots of mistakes tonight from players and the manager, except for Smithies who was outstanding.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:46 - Dec 1 with 3221 viewsjohncharles

Bet your life he's fuming. Fcking ballistic I would guess but he did get a reaction out of them eventually.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:46 - Dec 1 with 3224 viewsdavman

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:08 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

With you Tom, but for that to work we need some physicality in the middle of the park, which means neither Luongo or Chery.

It a'int easy this Management lark, is it?

I liked the formation against Norwich - a 3-5-2 and think that it plays to our strengths. I didn't like tonight's 4-2-2-2.

The problem with both, however, is you can't play wingers when you play them and we have quite a few wingers now, don't we...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:58 - Dec 1 with 3157 viewsHunterhoop

Wolves - The Verdicts? on 22:46 - Dec 1 by davman

With you Tom, but for that to work we need some physicality in the middle of the park, which means neither Luongo or Chery.

It a'int easy this Management lark, is it?

I liked the formation against Norwich - a 3-5-2 and think that it plays to our strengths. I didn't like tonight's 4-2-2-2.

The problem with both, however, is you can't play wingers when you play them and we have quite a few wingers now, don't we...

Disagree. Luongo starts every week for me, whether it be a 3 man central midfield, 2 man, or just one bloke on his own. Luongo every time.

This idea he's lightweight is nonsense. He's small but not lightweight. Holloway was small too.

Luongo's made twice as many tackles this season as any other Rangers player. We get more points when he plays. He links is up better than anyone because he's constantly moving. Not a great game tonight from him, but you could say that for everyone bar Smithies.

At home I'd have some balls and play Luongo AND Chery. Away, I'd play Luongo with Borysiuk, with either Chery with them or Washington up top with Polter/Sylla.
Wolves - The Verdicts? on 23:05 - Dec 1 with 3118 views100percent

perch stays on the pitch and there was no way we were ever going to lose that match. Wolves were actually one of the worst sides I've seen this season. We lost our shape and never got any rhythm until the last five minutes. very very poor performance tonight with the exception of Smithies, who actually kept us in the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024