Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erm............... 22:26 - Dec 12 with 35464 viewskropotkin41

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/121213-new-stadium-plans-1232327.aspx

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Erm............... on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 1535 viewsizlingtonhoop

Erm............... on 17:01 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

You sound like Flavio ....keep it small boutique just for the chosen few.
QPR can and should be open to new markets....it can't remain exclusive to just you and clive......sorry to break the bad news

It'll be pretty damn exclusive on Sunday though, when he takes his son for his birthday treat..
Erm............... on 17:18 - Dec 15 with 1526 viewsQPRDave

...yeah i spose it will!!!
Erm............... on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 1483 viewsstansleftfoot

www.populous.com

Kyle Field is interesting as they want the fans to be close to the pitch and the acoustics to be designed so that the supporters become the 12th man.
The only thing holding most Architectural Design projects/events is money, the investors and the ambition of The Mittals, Fernandes and his partners seems to have few limits.
Given QPR only appear at home between 20 and 30 times a year, there are some serious considerations to be made for New Queens Park and Old Oak....very exciting to think that QPR will sit at the heart of Londons single biggest development....Docklands, Battersea, all smaller......
Erm............... on 17:42 - Dec 15 with 1466 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 17:01 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

You sound like Flavio ....keep it small boutique just for the chosen few.
QPR can and should be open to new markets....it can't remain exclusive to just you and clive......sorry to break the bad news

and where does he say its exclusive just for a few
the blokes a loyal fan like the rest of us so comparing to Fattyo is out of order
I don't give a s&it for the prem nor do I care for a 40k stadium with a new "canary wharf" and penthouse flats surrounding us
I just wonder how many who are licking TF arse now and saying this is for the best because I can stretch my feet out a bit more will be moaning and groaning in the 2020 season because the atmosphere is crap and saying its not like the old place , loads I bet

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Erm............... on 17:59 - Dec 15 with 1440 viewsShotKneesHoop

Erm............... on 17:42 - Dec 15 by paulparker

the blokes a loyal fan like the rest of us so comparing to Fattyo is out of order
I don't give a s&it for the prem nor do I care for a 40k stadium with a new "canary wharf" and penthouse flats surrounding us
I just wonder how many who are licking TF arse now and saying this is for the best because I can stretch my feet out a bit more will be moaning and groaning in the 2020 season because the atmosphere is crap and saying its not like the old place , loads I bet

Those seats are one of the reasons for my avatar name.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Erm............... on 18:00 - Dec 15 with 1438 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 17:42 - Dec 15 by paulparker

well to me he's saying we should just keep those that are fans now happy and not trying to build the fanbase, even more. I've seen alot of this i'm a better fan than you c**p .
So you don't give a s**t for a new ground that will build the club into a viable business?
You sure you care for the club at all?....So those that agree with Tony's plans and are looking forward with excitement are a*se lickers, while you a moaning t**t is a propa fan ....how dare anyone disagree with you eh?
Erm............... on 18:02 - Dec 15 with 1429 viewsQPRDave

FAO OF E17

I apologise for comparing you to Flavio ...out of order and a cheap shot sorry
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 18:16]
Erm............... on 18:08 - Dec 15 with 1426 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 18:00 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

well to me he's saying we should just keep those that are fans now happy and not trying to build the fanbase, even more. I've seen alot of this i'm a better fan than you c**p .
So you don't give a s**t for a new ground that will build the club into a viable business?
You sure you care for the club at all?....So those that agree with Tony's plans and are looking forward with excitement are a*se lickers, while you a moaning t**t is a propa fan ....how dare anyone disagree with you eh?

who said anything about being a better fan than anybody ??
yeah your right I don't care about the club I have supported for 30 years like my dad & granddad who support this club and have lived in the bush since the fifties
if you take the chip off your shoulder & actually read what people say then you would see that those who want to stay are those who don't want a canary wharf or a starbucks or penthouses around them , there's nothing wrong with that what so ever & it doesn't make anyone a superfan either or a T*at so wind your fecking neck in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Erm............... on 18:11 - Dec 15 with 1421 viewsstansleftfoot

Just a sad response to a natural step for QPR and it's new owners, I cannot wait to see what these people come up with.
Amit Bhattia in charge of the club was a revelation, TF drinking in local pubs before and after games places him as close to fans as its possible to get for the owner of a Club. It's Unique!
It's no more a bad thing than kicking off to start a match, it's what competition is all about, its what make the Game....Paul Parker left this Club because he couldn't fulfill his promise to be the best he could if he stayed.....onwards...presumably a fan who disagrees with this now is more likely to be silent and moaning as QPR go on to secure a Premiership position and begin to compete on an equal footing with the 'bigger' clubs or alternatively the smug mutterings of told you so will mute out the support of us supposed bad 'supporters' Typical of some but happily not all....Coyrrrrs! In meantime I look forward to Phillips and Austin ripping it up against Leicester City.
Erm............... on 18:15 - Dec 15 with 1418 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 18:08 - Dec 15 by paulparker

who said anything about being a better fan than anybody ??
yeah your right I don't care about the club I have supported for 30 years like my dad & granddad who support this club and have lived in the bush since the fifties
if you take the chip off your shoulder & actually read what people say then you would see that those who want to stay are those who don't want a canary wharf or a starbucks or penthouses around them , there's nothing wrong with that what so ever & it doesn't make anyone a superfan either or a T*at so wind your fecking neck in

Does it matter what's around you?...You'd go to support QPR surely?...It's one mile from LR not Milton Keynes or in the middle of nowhere.
I apologise for calling you a t**t .....but don't label those who are in favour of this a*se lickers....so wind your f*ckin neck in as theres no need for that either
Erm............... on 18:33 - Dec 15 with 1398 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 18:15 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

Does it matter what's around you?...You'd go to support QPR surely?...It's one mile from LR not Milton Keynes or in the middle of nowhere.
I apologise for calling you a t**t .....but don't label those who are in favour of this a*se lickers....so wind your f*ckin neck in as theres no need for that either

I go to support QPR of course I do & its not the distance to old Oak Either thats the problem, what I don't like & what im worried about is that as a club we have sold our soul a little, we are a working class club with a working class fan base who's dads & granddads grew up in a rough part of London (shepherds bush ) its who we are its our DNA , I don't like the idea of being surrounded by coporate buildings, leisure centres, starbucks & penthouses that's for them lot up the road, the plans looks like Gotham city
I didn't mean to come across that most of the fan base lick tony's arse but Lets not forget like most chairman tony will be lining his own pockets here and he aint doing it for anyone but the consortium & boards benefit
passions run high on subjects like this so I was out of order having a pop at you
call me an old romantic but I like a ground with character & maybe im hankering to much for the good old days of highbury, upton park,the dell
anyway its going to happen so maybe in 2018 I might get a little excited who knows

Erm............... on 18:54 - Dec 15 with 1371 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 18:33 - Dec 15 by paulparker

I go to support QPR of course I do & its not the distance to old Oak Either thats the problem, what I don't like & what im worried about is that as a club we have sold our soul a little, we are a working class club with a working class fan base who's dads & granddads grew up in a rough part of London (shepherds bush ) its who we are its our DNA , I don't like the idea of being surrounded by coporate buildings, leisure centres, starbucks & penthouses that's for them lot up the road, the plans looks like Gotham city
I didn't mean to come across that most of the fan base lick tony's arse but Lets not forget like most chairman tony will be lining his own pockets here and he aint doing it for anyone but the consortium & boards benefit
passions run high on subjects like this so I was out of order having a pop at you
call me an old romantic but I like a ground with character & maybe im hankering to much for the good old days of highbury, upton park,the dell
anyway its going to happen so maybe in 2018 I might get a little excited who knows

Good post Paul. Thanks. You've put your point across really well.
Can i say as long as the likes of you and your family keep going, in fact all of us that are here now, surely the soul of the club will be left alive.
Btw Tony has apparently tweeted this evening that he is listening and it may not now be 40k ....so maybe he'll try and replicate LR ....just bigger
Erm............... (n/t) on 19:11 - Dec 15 with 1352 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 18:54 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

Can i say as long as the likes of you and your family keep going, in fact all of us that are here now, surely the soul of the club will be left alive.
Btw Tony has apparently tweeted this evening that he is listening and it may not now be 40k ....so maybe he'll try and replicate LR ....just bigger

[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 19:17]

Erm............... on 19:15 - Dec 15 with 1348 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 18:54 - Dec 15 by QPRDave

thanks Dave , I don't go as often as I want to, work, mortgage, kids have put paid to that
we are all Fans end of the day and we have seen more bad days than good supporting the club, i know in this day & age of football we need to change and we have to be bigger but being a QPR fan is all about giving to the big teams and beating them making them hate coming to our ground (see bale,mata,lampard,terry,dalgliesh and others)
its about seeing the same faces every week , i always say to spuds,arsenal,sniverpool,&man ure fans how can you support a club that 60k others do how do you know anyone how can you feel your a part of it, i just don't want that for us

Erm............... on 19:39 - Dec 15 with 1311 viewsstansleftfoot

So true, The process of Clubs becoming embedded in their communities is the key to TF's plans and his route there is the Academy and working with the players as community leaders.
I support QPR because I was welcomed, both by the Club and by the Fan's.
The genetic background of QPR's fan's is mostly by geographic and most of us have moved away and all those other things, family, travel, mortgage have kept us away. The social aspect of a walk from North Ken for me on a Saturday or midweek was a special unspoken contract between 30 thousand strangers bought together by a mutual interest.
QPR played differently, you could see, speak to and touch players, the compactness of Loftus Road bound us to the Club.
We may move to Old Oak and its a twenty minute walk from Loftus Road. Built with some sense of our history with all the design and innovation available today, a load of the investors money, we can be part of yet another adventure....I remember when they turned the lights on midweek at Loftus Road...it seemed a miracle and also a hamfisted joke...we can take the Club out of Shepherds Bush but etc etc etc...
Erm............... on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 1298 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 19:39 - Dec 15 by stansleftfoot

So true, The process of Clubs becoming embedded in their communities is the key to TF's plans and his route there is the Academy and working with the players as community leaders.
I support QPR because I was welcomed, both by the Club and by the Fan's.
The genetic background of QPR's fan's is mostly by geographic and most of us have moved away and all those other things, family, travel, mortgage have kept us away. The social aspect of a walk from North Ken for me on a Saturday or midweek was a special unspoken contract between 30 thousand strangers bought together by a mutual interest.
QPR played differently, you could see, speak to and touch players, the compactness of Loftus Road bound us to the Club.
We may move to Old Oak and its a twenty minute walk from Loftus Road. Built with some sense of our history with all the design and innovation available today, a load of the investors money, we can be part of yet another adventure....I remember when they turned the lights on midweek at Loftus Road...it seemed a miracle and also a hamfisted joke...we can take the Club out of Shepherds Bush but etc etc etc...

Great post stan...
Erm............... on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 1254 viewsTGRRRSSS

I agree alot with the thing about too corperate but thats all of football now sadly.
This is the best thing in terms of keeping our soul, imagine the old Heathrow idea of Chris Wright who still insisted just 2 years ago on Ron and Simons site only going west was all you could do and he knew best.
Any thoughts on this Chris.

We're still a long way from this and I will be as sorry as anyone but more and more clubs as low as Legue 2 are getting grounds bigger than LR and it cant work as it has indefinetly.

MOmentous times, and sadly things will change but hopefully we will always have something of the Loftus Road spirit, and being there is as close as we can get well so be it.

Bitter sweet times I think but when you go to away games and look at these clubs you realise we cant carry on as we are and still compete possibly even in Cham level sadly.

As for size of ground, forward planning now rather than extra cost later is my guess.
Reading have more than doubled their support since Elm Park if we did the same as an average we'd get say 32K and thats just for us.
Add in aways in PL and you'd often get sell outs I reckon, plus we#d still be easily commutable and could still use the Bush tubes if you wanted.
It is the best compromise to being able to develope something actually in W12 or redevelope LR - which sadly we cant.
Still be closest ground to West End I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024