Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erm............... 22:26 - Dec 12 with 36062 viewskropotkin41

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/121213-new-stadium-plans-1232327.aspx

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Erm............... on 21:58 - Dec 13 with 1914 viewsbullythebear

Looking at the photo the way our man's shaping up to take the corner, it's going straight behind for a goal kick. So, new stadium, same shit corners. Sort it out Tony.
Erm............... on 22:06 - Dec 13 with 1890 viewsloftboy

Can the stadium have wifi installed as well please uncle Tone

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Erm............... on 22:36 - Dec 13 with 1836 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Erm............... on 21:58 - Dec 13 by bullythebear

Looking at the photo the way our man's shaping up to take the corner, it's going straight behind for a goal kick. So, new stadium, same shit corners. Sort it out Tony.

Sack the 2018 manager NOW!

I'm in favour - nicer facilities, more legroom, better views, etc. Yes please to Wi-Fi too. (Is that impossible at LR?)

A bit further to travel for me but I won't forget my Loftus Road memories and I'll look forward to new ones at the new stadium.

I don't mind new fans coming to games, LR is not exactly noisy this season! As long as we can make a noise when we need to!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Erm............... on 23:14 - Dec 13 with 1795 viewsade_qpr

Just a thought. If or when LR gets torn down, TF can you build a club shop/museum ( with vids and seats etc of LR ) so keep a presence of the R's in W12 and allow people to relive the memories?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 23:15]

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Erm............... on 23:32 - Dec 13 with 1772 viewsloftboy

Erm............... on 23:14 - Dec 13 by ade_qpr

Just a thought. If or when LR gets torn down, TF can you build a club shop/museum ( with vids and seats etc of LR ) so keep a presence of the R's in W12 and allow people to relive the memories?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 23:15]

Complete with stewards who for an extra fiver will drag you down a dark corner of the museum and give you a nostalgic kickin, thus recreating a scene seen quite often in the west paddocks.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Erm............... on 23:49 - Dec 13 with 1739 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 00:26 - Dec 13 by Northernr

If I can keep going to Loftus Road with the people I go to Loftus Road with I honestly couldn't give a flying fck if Brentford, Wimbledon and Hampton and Richmond Borough went past us mate.

I'll write as little as possible about this, because I'm an unreasonable Luddite and people don't want to read it.

I recognise why we need to move and the potential of it, but we're fast approaching the point where I jack it in. Watching a monied QPR, in a television dominated Premier League, in a concert venue, in Old Oak Common, surrounded by new build pubs and crappy food places - sooner or later (sooner) you have to ask yourself why you go to the football any more. The underdog status? The atmosphere? The unique stadium? The local identity? The people you sit with? All gone.

Trying to grab a plastic pint glass in some Punch Taverns hell hole and then being told I can't call Jermaine Jenas a fcking tart because it's offending 6 year old Hector at his first match? Stick that thanks.

some fan you are ....jacking it in?...you sound like a spoilt kid who ain't getting his own way
Erm............... on 23:56 - Dec 13 with 1729 viewsWanderR

Current location: OX10

Erm............... on 00:04 - Dec 14 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

Erm............... on 23:49 - Dec 13 by QPRDave

some fan you are ....jacking it in?...you sound like a spoilt kid who ain't getting his own way

What's this? It's a QPR fan with a wild and dangerous opinion of his own....
Login to get fewer ads

Erm............... on 00:11 - Dec 14 with 1706 viewsQPRDave

Erm............... on 00:04 - Dec 14 by Northernr

What's this? It's a QPR fan with a wild and dangerous opinion of his own....

Too clever for me northern. Is it you or me you're saying has a" wild and dangerous opinion of his own.?"
I don't understand how because we have owners other clubs fans would kill for are trying to make this club bigger and better, yes better and then we get a few drama queens coming out with the old..."that's it i'm finished with it....ridiculous!"
Erm............... on 00:19 - Dec 14 with 1690 viewsNorthernr

Erm............... on 00:11 - Dec 14 by QPRDave

Too clever for me northern. Is it you or me you're saying has a" wild and dangerous opinion of his own.?"
I don't understand how because we have owners other clubs fans would kill for are trying to make this club bigger and better, yes better and then we get a few drama queens coming out with the old..."that's it i'm finished with it....ridiculous!"

You would like to move.
I would like to stay.
These are two different opinions.
Different opinions are ok.
Erm............... on 00:41 - Dec 14 with 1674 viewsBrightonhoop

Dave, are you Korean? Just asking!

However exciting a prospect it is, albeit unrealised, a new stadium could be, your lack of empathy at the loss of our spiritual home speaks volumes. QPR will NEVER be the same again. Enjoy the remainder of the ride. The best football ground by a country mile in England just took a life ending knife.
Erm............... on 01:25 - Dec 14 with 1649 viewsMkPaul

Erm............... on 00:41 - Dec 14 by Brightonhoop

Dave, are you Korean? Just asking!

However exciting a prospect it is, albeit unrealised, a new stadium could be, your lack of empathy at the loss of our spiritual home speaks volumes. QPR will NEVER be the same again. Enjoy the remainder of the ride. The best football ground by a country mile in England just took a life ending knife.

Best ground? I take it you're 4ft 8? Because any taller and its not the best . ground. The atmosphere is great when.it.gets going but.how often does . that happen?
Erm............... on 01:28 - Dec 14 with 1647 viewsrrrspricey

Only just seen this news & it's left me a but numb tbh.

I appreciate the need to bring in extra revenue and am excited by the prospect of a new improved version of LR and the commitment of the board.

However, for those of you with the "deal with it and move on" attitude you have to appreciate the significance that our home has for many fans.

Personally, I started my rrrs life sitting in Ellerslie then standing in the school end with a plank of wood across a fishing stool before moving on to SA road where my dad & I had season tickets until my late teens when I stood in the loft. That's a lot of memories (like nights against AEK Athens) which will inevitably provoke a sense of nostalgia for our ground which for me is intrinsically linked to our history.

I, like many on here, love our ground because of the memories it's given us over the years so don't be too harsh on those that may seem negative at first. LR is a massive part of our history and our lives. Yes we're pi$$ed off the era is ending but it doesn't mean we don't know it's necessary to maintain our existence.

There's also the fear for many of becoming too big and losing that sense of uniqueness that I for one have always loved about being an R and other fans, like we do on occasions, taring us with the glory hunter/ plastic fan brush.

I'm sure all the skeptics will come around eventually but as somone who implements change for a living, accept that the change curve is differerent for everyone & understand that we all react to it differently
Erm............... (n/t) on 01:34 - Dec 14 with 1644 viewsBrightonhoop

[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 1:36]
Erm............... on 01:37 - Dec 14 with 1640 viewsBrightonhoop

Erm............... on 01:25 - Dec 14 by MkPaul

Best ground? I take it you're 4ft 8? Because any taller and its not the best . ground. The atmosphere is great when.it.gets going but.how often does . that happen?

6'1. Once or twice in the 40 years I been going. Never seen anything like it anywhere else in English Football when it happens. Not made in China. Not plastic Nigels. It's fking Loftus Road you knut not Milton fcking Keynes. Have some respect. You weapon.
Erm............... on 06:41 - Dec 14 with 1602 viewsHooparoo

Yet another sign that TF and co are in it for the long haul. Exciting times ahead. My wife and I are expecting another little R next month and its great to think he'll have a club to follow that should be at the very least an established premier league club for the foreseeable future.

Another reason to make me a proud new dad!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Erm............... on 07:19 - Dec 14 with 1588 viewsGetMeRangers

Erm............... on 00:19 - Dec 14 by Northernr

You would like to move.
I would like to stay.

I get the point. When they removed the terraces, it took something from the game for me. It was when I stopped going regularly, not just LR seats, but seats generally. The times that have brought me back are when the R's looked doomed again and I felt that the club needed the support of its followers more than ever.

The latest revival was at the time of Paul Hart and introduced my young son to why you follow such rubbish. I could even be described as a glory hunter as I stuck myself into debt trying to get to every game the following season. The attraction then...Adel. I would have gone to see him whether we were promoted or not.

Personally hope that they manage to bring in safe terracing at the new stadium and the fans right next to the pitch so we can once again enjoy the likes of Mata withdrawiung from taking a corner
Erm............... on 08:51 - Dec 14 with 1536 viewsCHUBBS

To stay would be to the detrement of the clubs future.
The owners are practically throwing their own money at our club in an effort to make it successful so moving is paramount.
I love Shepherds Bush and would like to stay and but land available there is just to expensive.
The club needs to expand and will never do that at Loftus Rd so its pretty obvious that a new ground is the only way.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 9:58]
Erm............... on 09:17 - Dec 14 with 1514 viewsessextaxiboy

I am in favour of a new ground but I think that for lots of us LR is a link to our dads that we have lost . As Bosh said in an earlier post the memories are with us in our head not in steel concrete and plastic .
Erm............... on 09:30 - Dec 14 with 1494 viewsTheBlob

I'll bet there are some on here who get nostalgic for foot operated dentists' drills as well.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Erm............... on 09:38 - Dec 14 with 1488 viewsHarbour

walking to the ground sitting in my seat ...pigbag... THIS IS LOFTUS ROAD WE ARE QPR....Oh god i am going to miss that moment when the hairs stand up on the back of the neck ..... its a big risk 40k seater but sometimes a big risk is needed and suspect TF will leave if we do not move out of LR....
Erm............... on 10:55 - Dec 14 with 1433 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm another one who has strong affection for Loftus Road, although by sanitising the loft by making it the faily area Beard has done his best to destroy it in preparation for this move. It's not that I object to change its just that QPR will never be the same for me anywhere else. Any atmosphere in what used to be "The Loft" has gone now partly due to the seating, but doubly compounded by designating it as the family area. I will rember fondly my best days of supporting QPR standing behind the goal at our end, because in my opinion since then every change has not increased my enjoyment of the game or the experience. When the owners say they want to replicate the LR atmosphere I think they hope we can forget what it was once like and only remember the relatively morgue-like place it has become. I am seriously thinking of trying to find what QPR once was and it is beginning to seem to me the best place to look is in non-league football. QPR will always be my team, but I'm not sure I will be renewing next season, wherever we are, because the supporting experience does not match up to the commitment required.
BTW people moaning about legroom should consider getting a seat next to the pitch where there is plenty, but you do get wet when it rains.

Who's Next?

Erm............... on 11:08 - Dec 14 with 1409 viewsHAYESBOY

Erm............... on 00:19 - Dec 14 by Northernr

You would like to move.
I would like to stay.

Naaaa, that doesn't sound right.......

On the proposed new stadium.

My opinion is I will miss Loftus Rd greatly. We do however have to compete and part of this will be a bigger(not sure the jump to 40k is right though), better football facility to play in.
We all want QPR to win (we all go even if we don't) and for me I want to compete with the likes of Aston Villa, West Brom and yes Chelsea.
Just hope we as fans do get to have an input into the design of the stadium.

With a new Stadium and training ground in place we can compete for players and also hopefully bring our own through with better facilities. It will mean that in time we can keep hold of our youngsters like Sterling.

Just my opinion like.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Erm............... on 11:33 - Dec 14 with 1378 viewspaulparker

Erm............... on 01:28 - Dec 14 by rrrspricey

Only just seen this news & it's left me a but numb tbh.

I appreciate the need to bring in extra revenue and am excited by the prospect of a new improved version of LR and the commitment of the board.

However, for those of you with the "deal with it and move on" attitude you have to appreciate the significance that our home has for many fans.

Personally, I started my rrrs life sitting in Ellerslie then standing in the school end with a plank of wood across a fishing stool before moving on to SA road where my dad & I had season tickets until my late teens when I stood in the loft. That's a lot of memories (like nights against AEK Athens) which will inevitably provoke a sense of nostalgia for our ground which for me is intrinsically linked to our history.

I, like many on here, love our ground because of the memories it's given us over the years so don't be too harsh on those that may seem negative at first. LR is a massive part of our history and our lives. Yes we're pi$$ed off the era is ending but it doesn't mean we don't know it's necessary to maintain our existence.

There's also the fear for many of becoming too big and losing that sense of uniqueness that I for one have always loved about being an R and other fans, like we do on occasions, taring us with the glory hunter/ plastic fan brush.

I'm sure all the skeptics will come around eventually but as somone who implements change for a living, accept that the change curve is differerent for everyone & understand that we all react to it differently

with Pricey and to an extent clive on this one
having 24 hours to digest the news that we are moving to a new plastic 40k stadium
i also cant believe people are quite happy to accept this decsion so readily
what makes us unique is our Stadium the housing around it, the pubs, the history, the atmosphere (although thats gone down hill this season)
i can see why TF is doing this but i dont want a new plastic bowl of a ground with day trippers & koreans, i dont want a ground where we will have the new canary wharf around us, i dont want frankie & benneys& bella pasta and a big car park and have one direction fecking up the pitch because they are doing a concert
infact i couldnt give an arse if we are in the Premier League TBH
im probably in a minority but i dont want to move , i love a beer with my mates on the uxbridge road, i love the sitting in the Ellesrlie Rd and smelling the pitch and abusing the lino , i love it being cramped and being close to the action
give me 12k Diehards at loftus Road on a cold night against Preston (blackstock goal) singing their hearts out making an atmospere to get a result , than 40k against Arsenal with 25k being gooners and day trippers
maybe its me being a grumpy old git but i used to love the diffrent stadiums ie
Highbury, the dell, upton Park etc they all had character
you ask any die hard Gooner or a fan of Millwall even Leicester they hate their new shiny plastic souless stadiums they want to go back make no mistake that will be us as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Erm............... on 11:49 - Dec 14 with 1367 viewsNW5Hoop

Erm............... on 09:30 - Dec 14 by TheBlob

I'll bet there are some on here who get nostalgic for foot operated dentists' drills as well.

It's not all about nostalgia, it's about what we believe the identity of our club to be.

TF's belief, and there are many here who are happy to support him in this, is that it is a cornerstone tenant in what is intended to be one of the biggest commercial redevelopment projects in London. QPR is his Trojan Horse, the entry route by which he and his backers make billions. QPR in itself, whether or not he has affection for the club, is fundamentally no more than a piece of a jigsaw. Its past identity is unimportant: what matters is that it forms part of a commercial empire that enables Air Asia/Tune Group/Mittals/What Have You to expand and consolidate. Its preferable that QPR do this by being a big bucks Premier League club, whether or not that aim is realistic in the long term, because having a League One club as a cornerstone tenant isn't that good for worldwide branding. In none of this vision is the long-term health of the club an end in itself; it is only ever an end to a means. That's just as cynical, in its own way, as Briatore and Ecclestone ever were.

Others believe QPR is fundamentally a small club, based in a community, with a loyal but limited fanbase. And that the long term health of the club is best served by accepting that it must be limited in size and ambtition. As Clive points out, you can have foreign billionaires taking over as many clubs as they like, but three clubs are still going to get relegated every season, and the ones that get relegated with foreign owners who are there for the money tend not to have the brightest futures ahead of them. Whereas if you cut your cloth to suit your means, you're more able to cope with those vicissitudes. And that, actually, going to the football is about more than how much money the club has accrued at the end of the season — it's about shared memories and experiences, especially when you're used to supporting a club that rarely if ever wins anything.

Neither view is right or wring; they're just views. I take the latter, but I don't blame anyone for thinking they'd like to see QPR reaching for the stars. But those who aren't all that delighted about the plans aren't Luddites: they're people for whom QPR is part of their life: it's not just QPR that's changing, it's their lives.

The final thing I'd say is that I'm always amazed at the level of adoration of TF (and the way anyone who doesn't share that adoration is attacked on here). If football teaches you one single thing, it is surely: All chairmen and owners are in it for what they can get out of it for themselves. I don't think he's any different in that, and these plans show it. He's just better than most at making fans like him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024