Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erm............... 22:26 - Dec 12 with 35457 viewskropotkin41

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/121213-new-stadium-plans-1232327.aspx

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Erm............... on 23:13 - Dec 12 with 3376 viewsted_hendrix

“Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin.”

“Goldyloppers trittly-how in the early mordy, and she falolloped down the steps. Oh unfortunade for cracking of the eggers and the sheebs and the buttery full-falollop and graze the knee-clappers. So she had a Vaselubrious, rub it on and a quick healy huff and that was that.”

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Erm............... on 23:14 - Dec 12 with 3369 viewsdaveB

supposed one way to fill it would be to build 24,000 homes next door and throw cheap ticket deals at the new homeowners hoping they get the taste for it
Erm............... on 23:21 - Dec 12 with 3320 viewsCiderwithRsie

Erm............... on 23:14 - Dec 12 by daveB

supposed one way to fill it would be to build 24,000 homes next door and throw cheap ticket deals at the new homeowners hoping they get the taste for it

Well there's a statement if ever there was one. And I think it means "OK Chelsea, if you think you are the biggest club in west London, think again."

"And f*ck off back to South of the river where you came from..."
Erm............... on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 3299 viewstheselector

Although we might have to be a bit quiet about the west London bit. Won't it be a NW10 postcode up there?
Erm............... on 23:29 - Dec 12 with 3279 viewsFredManRave

Erm............... on 22:54 - Dec 12 by RANGERS4EVER

The made up pictures of the stadium look fantastic, surely it would have been more ideal though to make a 25-30,000 sweater with a view to expand?

You would have thought so but then we don't know how much of that is down to the other potential uses outlined for the stadium. I'm not sure I believe in the addage of "Build it and they will come" obviously time will tell but even if we were a main stay in the Premier League there would probably only be a handful of games that would sell out in any season and the Tuesday night home games against Hull would see the stadium at less than 50% full, imo.

You have to admire the ambition of the club and hope that it works out but I can't help but feel that 40k is too much and as a result the choice will be an either half empty stadium or one full with loads of freebies and newbies, in itself not such a bad thing but atmosphere wise I can't imagine it being too impresive. People are already using Southampton as an example but they've only got a 32k capacity and despite their recent promotion winning and Premier League maintaining seasons they are already unable to sell out a majority of their games and that's depsite their huge catchment area.

I don't think I'm being negative more sceptical. It's just going to be such a monumental change from what we are all used to.

Just to add I really hope that by then standing areas are on their way back or that the club seriously look into singing sections as I think the stadium will need it.

What's the name of the road we'll be running down from 2018?!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:30]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Erm............... on 23:29 - Dec 12 with 3278 viewsQPRDave

Fanf*ckintastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a strange time of day to put this up....
Erm............... on 23:29 - Dec 12 with 3274 viewsSydneyRs

Erm............... on 23:25 - Dec 12 by theselector

Although we might have to be a bit quiet about the west London bit. Won't it be a NW10 postcode up there?

Well Harlesden is NW10 and traditionally a strong area for QPR support. Also only a 220 bus ride or not that long a walk from the bush.

If the stadium looks anything like the one in the picture i will be more than happy.
Erm............... on 23:34 - Dec 12 with 3246 viewsRangerJim

Looks nice

Has anyone else noticed the white imprinted text on the turf on the far left? Or am I the first?

WhatsallthatthenTone??

[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Erm............... on 23:37 - Dec 12 with 3230 viewsClive_Anderson

Wow didn't expect that, never thought I'd see the day.

Er...not complaining or anything but does anyone else think that mock up looks a bit like Stamford Bridge?
Erm............... on 23:39 - Dec 12 with 3217 viewsLythamR

Erm............... on 23:05 - Dec 12 by wombat

As this is QPR and things never go as we would hope here's a list of things which will delay the new ground

1. Contaminated land
2. Unexplored ordnance from world war 2
3. Bats
4. Ground unsuitable for such a development due to tin mines not shown on the ground survey
5. A family of from Botswana lay claim to the land in a long lost document given to them in the late 1800s

Any more problems. To add

On a serious note I hope they give fans with the relevant building skills the opportunity to help build the new stadium either directly through the club or via links with many of the various contractors working on the ground
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:09]

Obviously no move can be completed until the relocation of Tasty Wings has been confirmed to an appropriate location
Erm............... on 23:39 - Dec 12 with 3216 viewsSeth_Gecko

If it's like the picture, and there's paddocks behind the goal, i'll be gutted.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Erm............... on 23:40 - Dec 12 with 3206 viewsColombiR

Absolutely gutted. Don't want to leave Loftus Road. It's who we are.
We don't need a bigger stadium, I don't want there to be 40,000 of us.
I want to go to Loftus Road on the (now sadly rare) occasions I get back to the UK).
Erm............... on 23:43 - Dec 12 with 3195 viewsRs_Holy

If the picture is a genuine representation then we really cannot ask anymore... I really love the look of it and appears everyone concerned has taken on board what the fans have been saying.
40K is big.... Very big but if we are in the prem and tickets are a good price then I think we could fill it a couple of times a season.... Unbelievable stuff... Mixed feelings about leaving loftus road but it had to happen at some point.
Erm............... on 23:46 - Dec 12 with 3177 viewsArgyBargy1982

Sorry to rain on the parade. One thing they're not telling us is that QPR will be tenants. We won't own this ground.
Erm............... on 23:48 - Dec 12 with 3167 viewsCiderwithRsie

Erm............... on 23:25 - Dec 12 by theselector

Nah. There's Sahfoftheriver, where nothing ever happens. And everything else, whatever the postcode, including Middlesex and Essex, is either North, East or West.

Never heard anyone ever say they're form "North West London".
Erm............... on 23:50 - Dec 12 with 2812 viewsGetMeRangers

Does anyone else expect the final version to have a roof so that it can more easily be used as a venue for other events (which is, I am sure, the reason for talking of 40K)
Erm............... on 23:54 - Dec 12 with 2795 viewsCanadaRanger

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9070352/
Erm............... on 23:54 - Dec 12 with 2789 viewsRs_Holy

Erm............... on 23:37 - Dec 12 by Clive_Anderson

Wow didn't expect that, never thought I'd see the day.

Er...not complaining or anything but does anyone else think that mock up looks a bit like Stamford Bridge?

Looks more like a bigger modern version of loftus road to me... As long as those stands are close to the pitch I think the design is awesome... Love it
Erm............... on 23:55 - Dec 12 with 2783 viewsNorthernr

2018 you say? Bringing forward conclusion date in ongoing drink myself to death project.
Erm............... on 23:57 - Dec 12 with 2775 viewsAndyB

[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:59]
Erm............... on 23:57 - Dec 12 with 2774 viewsBrightonhoop

Lots of mixed feelings. Vallied question on ground ownership. Hope it remains in QPR Holdings as LR always has done.
Erm............... on 00:03 - Dec 13 with 2736 viewsScubaHoop

Erm............... on 23:34 - Dec 12 by RangerJim

Looks nice

Has anyone else noticed the white imprinted text on the turf on the far left? Or am I the first?

WhatsallthatthenTone??

[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:40]

I guarantee you that the corner he's about to take won't clear the first man, that much wont change.
Erm............... on 00:06 - Dec 13 with 2719 viewsWanderR

Stone's throw from W12 but it will be in NW10.

Still, for little ol' QPR to be the centrepiece of probably the largest regeneration scheme that London has even seen, I say we can't complain too much.

I think 40,000 is the absolute upper limit of what the club should be looking at but probably better to go big now for the long run if you're going to be hemmed in by the redevelopment on all sides which won't allow expansion in the future.

Current location: OX10

Erm............... on 00:08 - Dec 13 with 2711 viewsextratimeR

Magic!

This is where lots of us played our first football, (Wormwood Scrubs (sort of), yes its grim area), and not bothered about capacity, I watched a league game at Reading in the 70's attended by 5,750 and that was just below their average gate that year. Ditto Fulham , when they were relegated from old First Division in the 60's (?), and down to old Fourth Division, their gate disappeared, with our new additional capacity, the club will finally be able to attract the families, ( mums and dads and kids), and grow for the future at realistic ticket prices.

We are fortunate that the new Overground link and Crossrail will deliver huge amounts of fans to new venue, God knows how they kept it quiet?
Erm............... on 00:10 - Dec 13 with 2703 viewsJigsore

Oh me oh my

That looks... pretty good to be fair but 40k? Jesus Tony is really serious about it being a long term project eh?

We should look at the AMEX in Brighton for inspiration, their capacity is 30k and that's right for us too. Leave space for further development if you're desperate but I don't want a half empty soul sucking stadium

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024