Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erm............... 22:26 - Dec 12 with 35459 viewskropotkin41

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/121213-new-stadium-plans-1232327.aspx

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Erm............... on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 2519 viewsPommyhoop

See the jumper on the left? Thats a goalpost.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Erm............... on 10:00 - Dec 13 with 2470 viewshoof_hearted

Our choice is to go or not to go.

There is no "stay where we are" option with the current owners.

Carry on moaning if you must but I would think that 80% will be in favour or not fussed either way.

We are QPR home, away, new home, any division.
Erm............... on 10:11 - Dec 13 with 2427 viewsTheBlob

Bunch of recidivists and Luddites on here.
Fantastic news,legroom at last although probably not good for vertigo sufferers.
Whoever that number 10 is,that's a bollocks corner you're taking there son.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Erm............... on 10:15 - Dec 13 with 2415 viewsShotKneesHoop

Erm............... on 10:11 - Dec 13 by TheBlob

Bunch of recidivists and Luddites on here.
Fantastic news,legroom at last although probably not good for vertigo sufferers.
Whoever that number 10 is,that's a bollocks corner you're taking there son.

He's wearing the right shirt for taking shyte corners. Our usual corners hardly ever clear the first defender.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Erm............... on 10:21 - Dec 13 with 2396 viewsTheBlob

Erm............... on 10:15 - Dec 13 by ShotKneesHoop

He's wearing the right shirt for taking shyte corners. Our usual corners hardly ever clear the first defender.

He's going to fall flat on his arse with that shape up.
One of the steeper sided stadia,but you wouldn't want to take a stumble down the steps.Good to see they've addressed the light pollution problems.
What's not to like?The big problem is staying alive long enough to see it built.

Erm............... on 10:25 - Dec 13 with 2380 viewsA40Bosh

I spend my life explaining myself through analogies and I am struggling to find the right one here.

I have monitored this thread since last night and the very thing that makes life interesting and never dull is that people from the same walk of life can have such polar opposite opinions to any manor of subjects, opinions that will never be changed no matter how strong the counter argument, opinions that become more entrenched the more the subject gets discussed.

Q1> Am I happy at Loftus Road?
No. The only reason I am not happy is because at 6'3 and a big frame I literally cannot sit in any seat that is available to me. I therefore have to stand in the second back row in SAR, hunched or with my arse perched on the flimsy seat back because a couple of my mates behind me are 5'9 and stuggle to see over me. At only 46 years of age I leave each home game with genuine pains in both legs from the thigh to the knees and having had two knee ops it is becoming more and more unbearable. Stick in in the C Club or the directors box where I can sit and then I am happy at Loftus Road. Yes, the food is crap, the service is worse, it takes ages to get a beer, it's cramped, it's this that and the other, but to be honest, I don't go to football at 3pm on a Saturday to drink and eat I go to football to watch football, I can survive for more than 2hrs without the need to eat or drink alcohol. But that is me. So sort me out some legroom and I am happy. I'm not too bothered or excited about a new ground.

Q2 > Am I upset at the thought of moving?
No. From a purely selfish point of view as I am not going to get more legroom at LR then either, I stop going at some point in the next few years because the pain becomes unbearable, or I embrace a move to a new ground if and when it comes.

Q3 > Can I see the bigger picture?
Yes, and this is why I accept without dispute that Queens Park Rangers have to move to a larger stadium, change its income model and move with the times, if the club wants to survive. I don't mean survive in the premier league, I simply mean survive. If financial fair play had come in to the premier league and lower divisions long before Tango & Cash came on the scene, there would be no Mittals, no Tony F, no Phil Beard. QPR whether we like it or not is not one of those clubs who in the modern age can survive as a going concern, without huge outside backing from investors. I use the word investors and not benefactors, because we have had benefactors in before and they could not keep us afloat. We have been in administration, we came out in worse shape and we were probably very close to going under again.

There will be fans who will have their entrenched positions that they don't want to move or will eventually stop going, those fans who perhaps have more emotional ties to the club, because it is a generational thing, their granddad took their dad, their dad took them, they take their kids. It's where their friends are, it's their social life, it's their LIFE. But as much as TF and PB will acknowledge these stories, these histories, they have the helm, the financial responsibilities to the financial owners of the club and in business there is unfortunately no place for sentiment - we have to move on. Stay still and we die.
I remember the day my parents sold our family home back in 1995. I walked around it as they were locking up for the last time and I was very emotional and I could not understand why in their very early 60s they were selling up our home, a 5 bed family home when there were still grandchildren to come over and stay, parties to be had, life to be lived - and neither of them were that emotional about it. Because with their three sons left home, it was not the family home to them that I still perceived it to be.
My dad said that they left the wallpaper on the walls, the light bulbs, the kitchen fittings, but they took all the memories with them to their new home. The past was not left in the empty house they passed on to someone else, the past came with them. I found out 5-6 years later that my old man's pension scheme he had ploughed 10s of thousands into over the previous 30years with the Pru had collapsed and what he was expecting to get a month, he would now only get a year. So he had financial reasons to go behind it all, but his comments about moving on and time for change and bringing the past with them and their good memories is still all true.

The game is dead, football is business, either accept that and go with what has to be done or accept that you have lost your love and fall away and live with the memories and regret. It's too late in this modern age for any of us to do anything about it. We cannot control the destiny of QPR, we have to put our faith in the hands of business men who are investors and not benefactors. We have to trust they will not screw us over the minute things get a it tricky for them. There is no do nothing option any more for us as a business.

So if we end up in a shiny new stadium, that is hopefully New Loftus Road and they have designed it as well as they could - if they don't tinker with the name of the club - which they shouldn't need to because we are not a City or a Town, we are already The Rangers - if they don't mess around with the kit - we are the Super Hoops - if I still see the same people at NLR and some new faces as well, then that is ok, it's fine. It will be different, it will have changed, but it will be fine. We will still be Queens Park Rangers FC, we will still be the finest football team the world has ever seen. We will have our past with us, we will have the 1967 league cup win, we will have our 2nd spot finish in 75/76, we will have our cup final loss to Oxford, we will have Administration, we will have the 2011 Championship, we will still have Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, Rodney Marsh, Sir Les, Magic Hat, Furs, Wild Thing, Taarbs, and Vinny, and Zesh and Bob Malcolm and Hateley. We will have them all still and we will still be Queens Park Rangers, just a bit different.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Erm............... on 10:27 - Dec 13 with 2365 viewsRangersw12

The owners can leave for all I care

How dare they come into my club and decide where we will be playing games without any consultation with the fans

40k is way to big we don't need a new stadium we're a small club in West London punching above our weight its what makes us special

Why can't we embrace what we have instead of trying to be something we're not

The club will die with a move to a 40k stadium and unlike when we tired it before with White City there will be no turning back....
Erm............... on 10:28 - Dec 13 with 2362 viewsClive_Anderson

So are we going to own the new stadium or be in a Coventry style situation?
Login to get fewer ads

Erm............... on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 2350 viewsTheBlob

Erm............... on 10:25 - Dec 13 by A40Bosh

I spend my life explaining myself through analogies and I am struggling to find the right one here.

I have monitored this thread since last night and the very thing that makes life interesting and never dull is that people from the same walk of life can have such polar opposite opinions to any manor of subjects, opinions that will never be changed no matter how strong the counter argument, opinions that become more entrenched the more the subject gets discussed.

No. The only reason I am not happy is because at 6'3 and a big frame I literally cannot sit in any seat that is available to me. I therefore have to stand in the second back row in SAR, hunched or with my arse perched on the flimsy seat back because a couple of my mates behind me are 5'9 and stuggle to see over me. At only 46 years of age I leave each home game with genuine pains in both legs from the thigh to the knees and having had two knee ops it is becoming more and more unbearable. Stick in in the C Club or the directors box where I can sit and then I am happy at Loftus Road. Yes, the food is crap, the service is worse, it takes ages to get a beer, it's cramped, it's this that and the other, but to be honest, I don't go to football at 3pm on a Saturday to drink and eat I go to football to watch football, I can survive for more than 2hrs without the need to eat or drink alcohol. But that is me. So sort me out some legroom and I am happy. I'm not too bothered or excited about a new ground.

No. From a purely selfish point of view as I am not going to get more legroom at LR then either, I stop going at some point in the next few years because the pain becomes unbearable, or I embrace a move to a new ground if and when it comes.

Yes, and this is why I accept without dispute that Queens Park Rangers have to move to a larger stadium, change its income model and move with the times, if the club wants to survive. I don't mean survive in the premier league, I simply mean survive. If financial fair play had come in to the premier league and lower divisions long before Tango & Cash came on the scene, there would be no Mittals, no Tony F, no Phil Beard. QPR whether we like it or not is not one of those clubs who in the modern age can survive as a going concern, without huge outside backing from investors. I use the word investors and not benefactors, because we have had benefactors in before and they could not keep us afloat. We have been in administration, we came out in worse shape and we were probably very close to going under again.

There will be fans who will have their entrenched positions that they don't want to move or will eventually stop going, those fans who perhaps have more emotional ties to the club, because it is a generational thing, their granddad took their dad, their dad took them, they take their kids. It's where their friends are, it's their social life, it's their LIFE. But as much as TF and PB will acknowledge these stories, these histories, they have the helm, the financial responsibilities to the financial owners of the club and in business there is unfortunately no place for sentiment - we have to move on. Stay still and we die.
I remember the day my parents sold our family home back in 1995. I walked around it as they were locking up for the last time and I was very emotional and I could not understand why in their very early 60s they were selling up our home, a 5 bed family home when there were still grandchildren to come over and stay, parties to be had, life to be lived - and neither of them were that emotional about it. Because with their three sons left home, it was not the family home to them that I still perceived it to be.
My dad said that they left the wallpaper on the walls, the light bulbs, the kitchen fittings, but they took all the memories with them to their new home. The past was not left in the empty house they passed on to someone else, the past came with them. I found out 5-6 years later that my old man's pension scheme he had ploughed 10s of thousands into over the previous 30years with the Pru had collapsed and what he was expecting to get a month, he would now only get a year. So he had financial reasons to go behind it all, but his comments about moving on and time for change and bringing the past with them and their good memories is still all true.

The game is dead, football is business, either accept that and go with what has to be done or accept that you have lost your love and fall away and live with the memories and regret. It's too late in this modern age for any of us to do anything about it. We cannot control the destiny of QPR, we have to put our faith in the hands of business men who are investors and not benefactors. We have to trust they will not screw us over the minute things get a it tricky for them. There is no do nothing option any more for us as a business.

So if we end up in a shiny new stadium, that is hopefully New Loftus Road and they have designed it as well as they could - if they don't tinker with the name of the club - which they shouldn't need to because we are not a City or a Town, we are already The Rangers - if they don't mess around with the kit - we are the Super Hoops - if I still see the same people at NLR and some new faces as well, then that is ok, it's fine. It will be different, it will have changed, but it will be fine. We will still be Queens Park Rangers FC, we will still be the finest football team the world has ever seen. We will have our past with us, we will have the 1967 league cup win, we will have our 2nd spot finish in 75/76, we will have our cup final loss to Oxford, we will have Administration, we will have the 2011 Championship, we will still have Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, Rodney Marsh, Sir Les, Magic Hat, Furs, Wild Thing, Taarbs, and Vinny, and Zesh and Bob Malcolm and Hateley. We will have them all still and we will still be Queens Park Rangers, just a bit different.

Perfect sentiments.
Just hope we aren't rebranded as New Queens Park Rangers.

Erm............... on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 2350 viewsRs_Holy

Erm............... on 10:00 - Dec 13 by hoof_hearted

Our choice is to go or not to go.

There is no "stay where we are" option with the current owners.

Carry on moaning if you must but I would think that 80% will be in favour or not fussed either way.

We are QPR home, away, new home, any division.

my thoughts exactly!
Erm............... on 10:32 - Dec 13 with 2344 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Erm............... on 10:27 - Dec 13 by Rangersw12

How dare they come into my club and decide where we will be playing games without any consultation with the fans

40k is way to big we don't need a new stadium we're a small club in West London punching above our weight its what makes us special

The club will die with a move to a 40k stadium and unlike when we tired it before with White City there will be no turning back....

I'm sure Phillip Beard said they will be consulting the fans on this in a bit

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Erm............... on 10:40 - Dec 13 with 2308 viewsRangersw12

Erm............... on 10:32 - Dec 13 by RANGERS4EVER

I'm sure Phillip Beard said they will be consulting the fans on this in a bit

They haven't consulted the fans about the size or the location or even if the fans want to move
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 10:55]
Erm............... on 10:44 - Dec 13 with 2296 viewsTheBlob

Island cities and elevated walkways....

.....somehow redolent of....

Erm............... on 10:44 - Dec 13 with 2295 viewsElHoop

I agree with the 'leg space' people. It's agony sitting in some seats, especially when somebody equally tall is next to you and you are fighting for the same non-space. I suspect that there's some sort of correlation between height and acceptance of moving!
Erm............... on 10:48 - Dec 13 with 2277 viewszicoshoops

No need to start thinking outside the envelope on this one.
No need to run the flag up the flagpole and see which way the flag flutters.
We all need to be on message and cooking with gas here.

So...........
New Queens Park........for the general area?
No, no, and thrice no.

However.......
New Queen's Park.........now we're talking.

It's not rocket science

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.

P.S.
Bring back the Apostrophe.
It's right, it's proper, and it's correct.

Unlike the fella who was doing the sign language in South Africa.

Erm............... on 10:49 - Dec 13 with 2277 viewspeejaybee

Bosh,
Can I just say that is one of the Best Posts ever on this site Thanks For That.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Erm............... on 10:49 - Dec 13 with 2277 viewsPommyhoop

Hope they cater for us overseas visitors...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Erm............... on 10:58 - Dec 13 with 2248 viewsRs_Holy

Erm............... on 10:40 - Dec 13 by Rangersw12

They haven't consulted the fans about the size or the location or even if the fans want to move
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 10:55]

I take you dont want to move anywhere.. given that the new location is a couple of miles up the road.
Erm............... on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 2243 viewsN12Hoop

If this means that my neighbour's fat Arse will now have its own seat and not have to share mine,i''m all for it. I don't think we willever fill a 40k stadium and I hope the size is scaled back, but there can be no doubt that the bestfuture for ourexisting stadium is as scrap metal

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Erm............... on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 2236 viewsWatfordR

Best post I think I have ever read on here.

The club is, it would appear, finally getting the investment to its infrastructure that it has been starved of since the days (very different times and days of course) of Jim Gregory. New and modern stadium and training facilities. Just fantastic news. Can't wait.
Erm............... on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 2238 viewsnige101uk

Spent far too much time this morning reading this thread. Exciting times.

One thing that's not been mentioned, as it's a new development in a new 'community', we could very well find ourselves still playing at 'Loftus Road' if we can exert some muscle over the road naming rights :)
Erm............... on 11:05 - Dec 13 with 2218 viewsessextaxiboy

Post of the Year IMO
Erm............... on 11:06 - Dec 13 with 2218 viewssexton

As somebody who spends the first half of every game praying he won't need to visit the Ellerslie Road toilets for a half time piss I couldn't be happier.
Erm............... on 11:12 - Dec 13 with 2190 viewsJamie

There better be a Nandos.
Erm............... on 11:29 - Dec 13 with 2120 viewsToast_R

Erm............... on 10:27 - Dec 13 by Rangersw12

We all knew this was inevitable.

If you think multi millionaire business men bought the club to simply sit in a old run down stadium watching a team piss around between the Premier League and the Championship whilst p*ssing millions of their hard earn cash in the process, then I regret to inform you your sadly living with your head where the sun light can't reach.

And all this baloney about we were happy before they came etc... I wasn't and I bet you weren't either except for one season in 2003/04. The club probably would have folded by now and we'd all be waking up in the middle of the night worrying about ABC loans and a relegation dogfight with teams like Southend, wondering how players of Zesh Rehman's calibre can be the first name on the team sheet and who the next Chelsea youth loanee will be?

Bollocks to that again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024