Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabaye vs Remy 14:17 - Jan 27 with 3293 viewssuperstan

Newcastle saying it would take an offer of £20 million to even think about selling Cabaye, what does that make Remy worth?
Cabaye vs Remy on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 3208 viewssimmo

Why is there constant comparisons with the price of players in the Premier League and Remy?? They are totally different players that play in different positions.

Cabaye also has more premier league experience, can play more than one position, takes all set pieces and creates as well as scores goals.

A strike rate of 1 in 2 for Remy since he came to England is a superb rate, but Cabaye or Mata or anybody else being sold has no bearing at all on what we are going to get for a player that is better than us and needs to move on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cabaye vs Remy on 14:42 - Jan 27 with 3185 viewsDANRANGER

I make Cabaye more important to Newcastle than Remy. The Remy deal is complex at present as we have our own issues i.e promotion and he is not ours to worry about this season. Come June and depending on what league we are in will decide his worth as I would imagine should we not get promoted we will accept somewhere around 10m but if we go up and the intentions are to keep him then would expect nearer 15m.
Cabaye vs Remy on 14:52 - Jan 27 with 3146 viewssuperstan

Cabaye vs Remy on 14:37 - Jan 27 by simmo

Why is there constant comparisons with the price of players in the Premier League and Remy?? They are totally different players that play in different positions.

Cabaye also has more premier league experience, can play more than one position, takes all set pieces and creates as well as scores goals.

A strike rate of 1 in 2 for Remy since he came to England is a superb rate, but Cabaye or Mata or anybody else being sold has no bearing at all on what we are going to get for a player that is better than us and needs to move on.

Not comparing players, more meant Newcastle want top dollar for Cabaye ( worth it or not) but would expect to pay peanuts for Remy, or another, good business sense as Ashley seems pretty shrewd, just think when Remy goes it shouldn't be on the cheap.
Cabaye vs Remy on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 2984 viewsQPRDave

I think a goal scorer is worth more than a midfield player. Thanks Newcastle your valuation of Cabaye has just made Remy worth £25mill
Cabaye vs Remy on 19:07 - Jan 27 with 2834 viewsDylanP

It seems like a reasonable comparison. Goal scorers always go for more than other positions: always have and always will because goals are the most difficult thing to buy. Andy Gray was the first million pound player and was a goalscorer. Clive Allen was the first million pound teenager and was a goalscorer. Four of the 5 most expensive players of all time (Bale, Ronaldo, Cavani and Ibrahimovic) are goal scorer (and an argument could be made that Kaka is also a goalscorer, although he plays from midfield he scores a lot of goals). It may be true that there are better players or more useful players, but for whatever reason, goalscorers always command the big money.

Remy has enough experience in the Premier and elsewhere for managers to feel comfortable that his goalscoring is not a fluke. Of course, the rape trial will depress his value, so lets hope that all gets resolved for the better before the end of the season.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 19:09]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Cabaye vs Remy on 20:04 - Jan 27 with 2752 viewsdolcelatte

Cabaye vs Remy on 19:07 - Jan 27 by DylanP

It seems like a reasonable comparison. Goal scorers always go for more than other positions: always have and always will because goals are the most difficult thing to buy. Andy Gray was the first million pound player and was a goalscorer. Clive Allen was the first million pound teenager and was a goalscorer. Four of the 5 most expensive players of all time (Bale, Ronaldo, Cavani and Ibrahimovic) are goal scorer (and an argument could be made that Kaka is also a goalscorer, although he plays from midfield he scores a lot of goals). It may be true that there are better players or more useful players, but for whatever reason, goalscorers always command the big money.

Remy has enough experience in the Premier and elsewhere for managers to feel comfortable that his goalscoring is not a fluke. Of course, the rape trial will depress his value, so lets hope that all gets resolved for the better before the end of the season.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 19:09]

Trevor Francis was the first million pound player surely..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Cabaye vs Remy on 20:13 - Jan 27 with 2737 viewsDylanP

Cabaye vs Remy on 20:04 - Jan 27 by dolcelatte

Trevor Francis was the first million pound player surely..

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Francis was a striker, of course, so it doesn't change the basic idea.

I wonder why I was thinking Gray was the first million pound player and forgot our very own Francis. Must be getting senile in me old age!!

Cabaye vs Remy on 02:46 - Jan 28 with 2602 viewsRangersAreBack

Strikers are generally worth more than midfielders and Remy is one hell of a striker. Who we are and what division we're in should have no bearing on the price. Just ask Peterborough and Dwight Gayle.
Login to get fewer ads

Cabaye vs Remy on 10:55 - Jan 28 with 2492 viewssimmo

Newcastle are apparently very close to signing Luuk De Jong. That will be a great signing.

Also they have accepted an offer for Cabaye from PSG, apparently.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cabaye vs Remy on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 2426 viewsRangersAreBack

Cabaye vs Remy on 10:55 - Jan 28 by simmo

Newcastle are apparently very close to signing Luuk De Jong. That will be a great signing.

Also they have accepted an offer for Cabaye from PSG, apparently.

I'll be interested to see what they pay for him given that he was once worth £12.6million but has only found the net 6 times in the Bundesliga.
Cabaye vs Remy on 19:33 - Jan 28 with 2373 viewsSpiritofGregory

Remy is currently worth at least £25m and Newcastle know it. Funny how when they want to sell players they expect a high fee yet they don't want to pay what others are asking.

Strikers like Remy are really difficult to find. Not only does he score goals, he is a team player. We need a club like PSG to be interested in Remy not paupers like Newcastle.

Remy has rejected a move to Newcastle and too right as he is way too good for that club.
Cabaye vs Remy on 19:55 - Jan 30 with 2289 viewsDylanP

Cabaye vs Remy on 19:33 - Jan 28 by SpiritofGregory

Remy is currently worth at least £25m and Newcastle know it. Funny how when they want to sell players they expect a high fee yet they don't want to pay what others are asking.

Strikers like Remy are really difficult to find. Not only does he score goals, he is a team player. We need a club like PSG to be interested in Remy not paupers like Newcastle.

Remy has rejected a move to Newcastle and too right as he is way too good for that club.

So he is too good for Newcastle, but not too good for us. Excellent. i admire the spirit!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024