Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope we go down 21:50 - Feb 1 with 2491 viewspansypants

Bored now of the PL

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

I hope we go down on 21:56 - Feb 1 with 2445 viewssnork44

At least you are saying what the doomsayers are secretly wanting as they come back and gloat like a six year old child 'Told you we would get relegated, see told you! Nana, naana na'

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

I hope we go down on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 2379 viewshonestmint

I think I can relate a little to this statement, let me explain. I am now in my early fifties and supported the swans for xxx years blah blah blah. Anyway, after spending many years through the mid seventies, eighties and not so much of the nineties because of marriage and shift work, travelling to not so elite football grounds ( I am being kind ) I was thrilled when we reached the promised land. After the Toshack era when I was in my prime, I really thought I would be in heaven this time around. I don't know why but not so. I am not a season ticket holder because of my shift work but I get to see about ten home games a season and four or five away games which I prefer, Although I would never like to see the Swans lose a game or struggle I can honestly say I really enjoyed the championship more.It seemed we always had a target, promotion or avoid relegation but it was real and everyone felt the same. Now I feel it is so money orientated and although we did fantastic to win the league cup unless we have a crazy money guru we have reached our level, if we don't go down this season the most we can hope is to be a mid table premiership side from now on in, a lot of our fans would think thats terrific but I want more, to be the best, think I must be losing it in my old age, can anyone relate to my view ?
I hope we go down on 22:42 - Feb 1 with 2369 viewsDarran

I hope we go down on 22:37 - Feb 1 by honestmint

I think I can relate a little to this statement, let me explain. I am now in my early fifties and supported the swans for xxx years blah blah blah. Anyway, after spending many years through the mid seventies, eighties and not so much of the nineties because of marriage and shift work, travelling to not so elite football grounds ( I am being kind ) I was thrilled when we reached the promised land. After the Toshack era when I was in my prime, I really thought I would be in heaven this time around. I don't know why but not so. I am not a season ticket holder because of my shift work but I get to see about ten home games a season and four or five away games which I prefer, Although I would never like to see the Swans lose a game or struggle I can honestly say I really enjoyed the championship more.It seemed we always had a target, promotion or avoid relegation but it was real and everyone felt the same. Now I feel it is so money orientated and although we did fantastic to win the league cup unless we have a crazy money guru we have reached our level, if we don't go down this season the most we can hope is to be a mid table premiership side from now on in, a lot of our fans would think thats terrific but I want more, to be the best, think I must be losing it in my old age, can anyone relate to my view ?

Yeah I can and I'll also add that some people only go to the Liberty these days to see the opposition.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I hope we go down on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 2352 viewsLord_Bony

I hope we go down on 22:37 - Feb 1 by honestmint

You want us to be the best by getting relegated from the most profitable,prestigious football league in the world?

yeah I can relate to that.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I hope we go down on 00:11 - Feb 2 with 2278 viewsDyfnant

The worst bit is the OP is probably being serious, even he probably hasn't watched a single game in the prem live.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 11:01]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

I hope we go down on 01:15 - Feb 2 with 2231 viewshonestmint

I hope you don't mean me you M/F lve got a budgie in the house that will put you to bed you silly person you, Iam being polite
I hope we go down on 01:54 - Feb 2 with 2200 viewsLohengrin

If that means the end of "family" crowds, the throng of foreign players and £40 tickets then there's a Hell of a lot share that sentiment on the evidence of pub chat tonight.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

I hope we go down on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 2044 viewsperchrockjack

PL brings in a lot of revenue to Swansea area ;it also raises our profile world wide. This would go if we go down.

Pretty much same drivel posted about who s the better type of fan etc .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

I hope we go down on 11:03 - Feb 2 with 1991 viewsmarchamjack

I hope we go down on 01:54 - Feb 2 by Lohengrin

If that means the end of "family" crowds, the throng of foreign players and £40 tickets then there's a Hell of a lot share that sentiment on the evidence of pub chat tonight.

yeah let's go back to that insular, small world view of things where nothings changes and it's full of a male only, crowd who drink lots of beer and watch a sht standard of football in an antiquated stadium and no-one has ever heard of Swansea outside of Swansea or if they have they think it's a shthole and we return to the graveyard of ambition that we were once famous for

thank God getting to the Prem has changed people's perceptions of our city and area and football team

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

I hope we go down on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 1964 viewsLohengrin

I hope we go down on 11:03 - Feb 2 by marchamjack

yeah let's go back to that insular, small world view of things where nothings changes and it's full of a male only, crowd who drink lots of beer and watch a sht standard of football in an antiquated stadium and no-one has ever heard of Swansea outside of Swansea or if they have they think it's a shthole and we return to the graveyard of ambition that we were once famous for

thank God getting to the Prem has changed people's perceptions of our city and area and football team

"A male only crowd that drink a lot of beer?" Aye, that would be us alright. Every Saturday all winter long.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

I hope we go down on 11:46 - Feb 2 with 1921 viewsVetchitBack

I hope we go down on 11:03 - Feb 2 by marchamjack

What could be a more of a 'small world view' than people in work laughing to one another "Yeah, well I definitely won't renew if they (not we!) go down!"

Yes it was more male and alcohol orientated but it really meant something then and wasn't just a family day out on equal par with a trip to the cinema or a fast-food outlet. Also if you criticise beer and men don't ever bring up the subject of atmospheres.

Interested how you say "where nothing changes"

We went from top to bottom in that antiquated stadium. And trust me the people who mattered had heard of it (real football fans) and knew it as a passionate and intimidating place not as a soulless, corporate mixture of metal and concrete where the only noise that infrequently emanates is a rugby song because three-quarters of the stadium have only just decided Swansea City is good enough for them!

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

I hope we go down on 11:47 - Feb 2 with 1911 viewsFlashberryjack

I hope we go down on 22:55 - Feb 1 by Lord_Bony

You want us to be the best by getting relegated from the most profitable,prestigious football league in the world?

yeah I can relate to that.

Yeah, I agree the OP ought to make his mind up ...... but as the saying goes "Swansea is the gravyard of ambition" and many of our so called fan's strive to prove the saying it to be correct.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I hope we go down on 11:55 - Feb 2 with 1890 viewspansypants

The sooner we go down the better mun.

I hope we go down on 11:57 - Feb 2 with 1884 viewsexiledclaseboy

What would be the aim if we go down to the Championship? To get promoted to the Premier League again. So what's the point of wanting to go down?

Have a word mun.

Poll: Tory leader

I hope we go down on 11:58 - Feb 2 with 1875 viewspansypants

I hope we go down

I hope we go down on 11:58 - Feb 2 with 1873 viewsmarchamjack

I hope we go down on 11:46 - Feb 2 by VetchitBack

What could be a more of a 'small world view' than people in work laughing to one another "Yeah, well I definitely won't renew if they (not we!) go down!"

Yes it was more male and alcohol orientated but it really meant something then and wasn't just a family day out on equal par with a trip to the cinema or a fast-food outlet. Also if you criticise beer and men don't ever bring up the subject of atmospheres.

Interested how you say "where nothing changes"

We went from top to bottom in that antiquated stadium. And trust me the people who mattered had heard of it (real football fans) and knew it as a passionate and intimidating place not as a soulless, corporate mixture of metal and concrete where the only noise that infrequently emanates is a rugby song because three-quarters of the stadium have only just decided Swansea City is good enough for them!

Times change, move on.

We're never going to fill the Liberty with 30k (if, whenever it gets expanded) males only (drinking beer or not). We need to look to the future, not back to the past and football and society has changed (you might not like it and prefer things how they were, but we won't be going backwards, times move on).

I was there through the Toshack times too btw and much as I enjoyed it, I don't miss that shthole of a ground as a place to watch football, but do certainly miss the intimidating atmosphere it created (which I agree from personal experience was largely alcohol fuelled by males me included).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

I hope we go down on 12:07 - Feb 2 with 1847 viewsSwanjack10

I hope we go down on 01:15 - Feb 2 by honestmint

I hope you don't mean me you M/F lve got a budgie in the house that will put you to bed you silly person you, Iam being polite

i like you,please post often

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

I hope we go down on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 1762 viewshonestmint

ok
I hope we go down on 16:44 - Feb 2 with 1692 viewsdgt73

I hope we go down on 11:55 - Feb 2 by pansypants

The sooner we go down the better mun.

Why don't you fuk off you stupid, stupid pr#ck.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

I hope we go down on 19:38 - Feb 2 with 1576 viewspansypants

I hope we go down on 16:44 - Feb 2 by dgt73

I love fishing, caught loads here.

I hope we go down on 21:18 - Feb 2 with 1502 viewsItchySphincter

you're not wrong Dicky

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I hope we go down on 21:36 - Feb 2 with 1469 viewsTokijo

I hope we go down on 16:44 - Feb 2 by dgt73

Well said.!
I hope we go down on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 1415 viewsLord_Bony

This been one f.cked up place....

sh1t man

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024