Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off till tuesday? 19:36 - Feb 2 with 6233 viewsshandyjack

Players and manager away untill tuesday? What are peoples thoughts? Surely an extra days training is what's needed to get out of this rut, not an extra day off

Poll: Expectation for the season

Off till tuesday? on 19:55 - Feb 2 with 1583 viewsshandyjack

Off till tuesday? on 19:53 - Feb 2 by latchford

Laudrup fancied a few days in Paris so told the players to do likewise. Surely they should be practising set pieces? It's not as if they don't need it. They just don't want it enough

thats my point, im not saying flog them at all but get them in working on whats going wrong. watching videos of the game etc

Off till tuesday? on 20:00 - Feb 2 with 1557 viewsswancity

When results are not as good as expected this sort of rubbish follows like night following day.

And as Darren says its bollox. Well said my scruffy chum.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Off till tuesday? on 20:07 - Feb 2 with 1530 viewsDull1Thomas

two days off a week - shocker - don't tell the rest of the country or everyone will want a five day week.
TBH I'd love 5 days work a week again.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Off till tuesday? on 20:14 - Feb 2 with 1508 viewsSwansNZ

Off till tuesday? on 20:07 - Feb 2 by Dull1Thomas

two days off a week - shocker - don't tell the rest of the country or everyone will want a five day week.
TBH I'd love 5 days work a week again.

Yeah, but to be fair, they also had Saturday and Sunday off too

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Off till tuesday? on 20:23 - Feb 2 with 1473 views2face

For what it's worth. ML's daughter lives in Paris.
Off till tuesday? on 20:27 - Feb 2 with 1461 viewsbargoedjack

Off till tuesday? on 19:42 - Feb 2 by Darran

Saturday

Doh
Off till tuesday? on 20:35 - Feb 2 with 1441 viewsoldcob

The boys are tired and playing like it. A couple of days off will probably do them good. As we are all aware, theres been a whole lot of games played this season.
Off till tuesday? on 20:39 - Feb 2 with 1429 viewsDull1Thomas

Off till tuesday? on 20:14 - Feb 2 by SwansNZ

Yeah, but to be fair, they also had Saturday and Sunday off too

Login to get fewer ads

Off till tuesday? on 20:48 - Feb 2 with 1408 viewsymaohyd

Off till tuesday? on 20:35 - Feb 2 by oldcob

The boys are tired and playing like it. A couple of days off will probably do them good. As we are all aware, theres been a whole lot of games played this season.

Absolutely.

Bit of breathing time, recharge the batteries and refocus.

Even if the unthinkable happens it won't be because the players have had a few days off.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Off till tuesday? on 22:52 - Feb 2 with 1302 viewsbuilthjack

48 hours rest, they need it. They will train plenty the rest of the week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Off till tuesday? on 22:56 - Feb 2 with 1286 viewsDarran

I'm not sure why it is,perhaps people have only been going to the Liberty for a couple of seasons but when I see threads like this I can't help wondering why some people have no concept of football?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Off till tuesday? on 23:03 - Feb 2 with 1266 viewssammylee3

if you have ever played any level of football you know you are fooked for at least 2-3 days after the game. Stiff as, hot leg syndrome, sometimes dead legs and niggles tec.

Its far better to have a couple of days off than completely knacker yourself and not let your body and mind recover.

Ok he could beast them but that would likely cause more injuries and probs if he works them too hard. Best come back tuesday refreshed.
Off till tuesday? on 23:12 - Feb 2 with 1249 viewsborinifanclub

Off till tuesday? on 19:42 - Feb 2 by Darran

It has no bearing on next Saturdays game whatsoever though I suppose the f*cking dull tw*ts will think it does.
Tell ew what get em in everyday and next Saturday morning for a couple of hours too.

F*cking hell we must have some of the thickest f*cking fans on planet earth

correct like the arse from bargoed who thought the game is on sunday....is it being played on fantasy flippin island as well?

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Off till tuesday? on 23:32 - Feb 2 with 1219 viewsjackharris

February is an extremely busy and crucial month for us I have no problem in the players having a chance to recharge their batteries, be with their families, have some Joe's ice cream and come back fighting fit ready for an intensive week of training.

When we win, yes win next weekend people will be saying give them days and days off and the freedom of the city.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Off till tuesday? on 04:12 - Feb 3 with 1156 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Off till tuesday? on 23:32 - Feb 2 by jackharris

February is an extremely busy and crucial month for us I have no problem in the players having a chance to recharge their batteries, be with their families, have some Joe's ice cream and come back fighting fit ready for an intensive week of training.

When we win, yes win next weekend people will be saying give them days and days off and the freedom of the city.

shandy - I nearly agree with just about everything you post, but not this one.

Although we were brutal against WHU, sometimes you need your players to take a few days off to get their heads straightened out. February is going to be a very busy month with BPL, FA, Europa. Give the players a few days, come back re-energized.

I really understand the sentiment of working harder to play better, but I think ML has the time to refocus his players and be prepared for February. Coaches are going to have their hands full in February and I suspect (without having any evidence) that the technical staff exerted themselves trying to find new players in the window - albeit without success. The coaches need a break as well.
Off till tuesday? on 07:18 - Feb 3 with 1121 viewsNOTRAC

These people earn more in a couple of days than most of us earn in a year.
Something went seriously wrong on Saturday ,thus the massive criticism by fans on here.
If we had played well and lost,we would have been worried,disappointed but not so critical.
The fact that Laudrup does not appear to have accepted that Saturday was a major problem is worrying.The Western Mail this morning questions whether he has the ability to manage in a crisis.
Yes, have a few days off by all means,but we must hope that the manager and player come back with the realisation that efforts like last Saturday will not be tolerated.They are paid huge money,which we the fans in our own way contribute to.They must show us maximum effort from now on.if we then end up being relegated,so be it.But if we go down with as little effort as Saturday,then they deserve all the criticism which will be levelled at them.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Off till tuesday? on 08:38 - Feb 3 with 1053 viewsDull1Thomas

Off till tuesday? on 07:18 - Feb 3 by NOTRAC

These people earn more in a couple of days than most of us earn in a year.
Something went seriously wrong on Saturday ,thus the massive criticism by fans on here.
If we had played well and lost,we would have been worried,disappointed but not so critical.
The fact that Laudrup does not appear to have accepted that Saturday was a major problem is worrying.The Western Mail this morning questions whether he has the ability to manage in a crisis.
Yes, have a few days off by all means,but we must hope that the manager and player come back with the realisation that efforts like last Saturday will not be tolerated.They are paid huge money,which we the fans in our own way contribute to.They must show us maximum effort from now on.if we then end up being relegated,so be it.But if we go down with as little effort as Saturday,then they deserve all the criticism which will be levelled at them.

"The Western Mail this morning questions whether he has the ability to manage in a crisis."
1) Western mail - not like them to generate a story of woe west of Penarth.
2) If there were e a crisis who would you want leading? Someone like Scott of the Antarctic who is driven, single minded, adventurous and inspirational or Shackleton knowledgable, calculating and calm?

(Scott failed and led his team to their doom - including one of our own, Shackleton saved his crew.)

Off till tuesday? on 08:41 - Feb 3 with 1043 viewsouttolunch

I haven't a problem with the players having recovery time. Our manager however doesn't need recovery time unless he's knackered from standing up for 10 minutes during the game. He should be in work, with his staff planning for the next week. I really couldn't see Brendan or Roberto being away from the training ground at this crucial time. It isn't a one off either. It has now become a regular occurrence. He went straight from Manchester to mallorca. He had his time off in the summer where he left the day after the last game and wasn't seen for 7 weeks. How much holiday do these people need. His daughter is in uni. Much easier for her to take the time off to visit him rather than him leaving his £50,000 a week job to go over there. Its a bloody shambles down there from what I can see. Team in disarray, lack of fitness, pressing game gone, infighting. This cannot be put right by a few days training and no preparation beforehand.
I can't see any positives in our current plight. Sorry for the rant but I want our football club back!!!
Off till tuesday? on 08:46 - Feb 3 with 1031 viewsNOTRAC

Our manager is poles apart from either. I am most certainly not suggesting that he should be replaced, but in the same way that both Shackleton and Scott motivated their men (allbeit in different ways ,with different results),we need to see motivation start working for Laudrup. because it's not happening at the moment.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Off till tuesday? on 09:10 - Feb 3 with 1008 viewsshandyjack

Fair point sbeing brough up i suppose. I'm not too happy with ML being away till tuesday the players maybe so. Guess if we win saturday i'll think no more of it.

Off till tuesday? on 09:42 - Feb 3 with 981 viewsperchrockjack

Off till tuesday? on 08:41 - Feb 3 by outtolunch

I haven't a problem with the players having recovery time. Our manager however doesn't need recovery time unless he's knackered from standing up for 10 minutes during the game. He should be in work, with his staff planning for the next week. I really couldn't see Brendan or Roberto being away from the training ground at this crucial time. It isn't a one off either. It has now become a regular occurrence. He went straight from Manchester to mallorca. He had his time off in the summer where he left the day after the last game and wasn't seen for 7 weeks. How much holiday do these people need. His daughter is in uni. Much easier for her to take the time off to visit him rather than him leaving his £50,000 a week job to go over there. Its a bloody shambles down there from what I can see. Team in disarray, lack of fitness, pressing game gone, infighting. This cannot be put right by a few days training and no preparation beforehand.
I can't see any positives in our current plight. Sorry for the rant but I want our football club back!!!

Laudrup gives the impression to some he is either
1.not arsed at all
2.Lonesome
3.Aloof
4.Distracted
5.Detached
or simply misunderstood.

I really think players look for inspiration as a game unfolds and to see their manager slouched in his chair virtually motionless and emotion free cant help. I fail to see how a manager can be so detached from his employees at their place of work.
I may be wrong

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Off till tuesday? on 09:55 - Feb 3 with 975 viewsouttolunch

Off till tuesday? on 09:42 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

Laudrup gives the impression to some he is either
1.not arsed at all
2.Lonesome
3.Aloof
4.Distracted
5.Detached
or simply misunderstood.

I really think players look for inspiration as a game unfolds and to see their manager slouched in his chair virtually motionless and emotion free cant help. I fail to see how a manager can be so detached from his employees at their place of work.
I may be wrong

I just can't get my head around the fact he isn't in work . It wouldn't happen with other managers im sure especially after such a awful showing saturday. It isn't a one off. We seem to train/ prepare for around 8/10 hours a week and that is it. Surely this cant be acceptable ?
Off till tuesday? on 10:10 - Feb 3 with 956 viewsmonkeymike

Think it's shocking and I'm not losing a derby game cause some cnts shows no passion. They should remove mr l seat aswell.. Since he has come here I have said about him sitting down constantly I don't like it . What time do they train tomorrow any idea ? I am half tempted to go down and see what they do down there apart from kiss chase
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 10:12]
Off till tuesday? on 10:33 - Feb 3 with 929 viewsPhaedrus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26013937

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Off till tuesday? on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 923 viewsperchrockjack

Off till tuesday? on 09:55 - Feb 3 by outtolunch

I just can't get my head around the fact he isn't in work . It wouldn't happen with other managers im sure especially after such a awful showing saturday. It isn't a one off. We seem to train/ prepare for around 8/10 hours a week and that is it. Surely this cant be acceptable ?

Hopefully he s making his plans

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024