Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... 11:01 - Feb 4 with 1876 viewsmacman

I am getting a little tired of hearing about copy cat Brendan. How did he do in the first PL season. Finished 11th, FA out R4, CC out R2 amasing results considering he was such a genius, who btw seems to try to pick up any player Laudrup has spotted outside of the UK.

So he could play the whole after Christmas with only one thing to focus on: the PL - wow! He finished 1 spot up from where we are now - and he had 15 mill midfield JA and Sinclair even at his command and all the heart and right attitude.

Then everybody talked about the difficult season - 2nd season fatigue and how likely Swanse was to go down with this "new-not-used-to-the-PL favourite to be sacked manager, but what happened - it was PL=9th, FA=R3 and CC=WIN!

So does that give him any credit now?:

- still in 12th position
- having played most of the big 8
- having is no. 1 key player out for the whole season - imagine amasin Brendan at without Suarez
- having had 9 injuries,
- still in FA(R5) with a btw historic win at ManU
- still in Last 32 of the EL - no?

How is that? Can someone explain why they still talk about Brendan, who left the sinking ship and took the best player with him?
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:04 - Feb 4 with 1847 viewsshandyjack

of course he gets credit, Bendan did an amazing job with us in the first PL season. JA was not our best player that season. ML took us on further last season but a lot of that was down to the money we got for JA and BR.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:10 - Feb 4 with 1807 viewsDarran

Am I the only one that couldn't give a f*ck and couldn't give a f*ck even more than usual under current circumstances

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:11 - Feb 4 with 1807 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Getting 47 points in that first season after he guided us to promotion was close to a miracle.

Just look back at the squad we had back then - you'd back us to go down if we started a season with that squad now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:13 - Feb 4 with 1780 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:11 - Feb 4 by Joe_bradshaw

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Getting 47 points in that first season after he guided us to promotion was close to a miracle.

Just look back at the squad we had back then - you'd back us to go down if we started a season with that squad now.

Not so sure on having him back but 100% agree with the rest

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:15 - Feb 4 with 1770 viewsOdgaard

I think the solution panic and media meltdown is the best way to go! Even though the Swans is the club who have played most games whole season and have more injuries than the competition.

No focus on the PL, how did Newcaslte do when they were in EL? awful. I have no idea how the boardroom works, but if they start to sign players instead of the coaching staff, then there is a problem.

I think the relationship between the Club and ML is bad, and that is costing us at this moment. If you have no confidence in your manager, how should he perform?

But you cant doubt that ML have succeeded in many ways, and i think without then swansea might not be in PL or be in relegation zone. The buys of Ngog and Emmes is just ridicules - they are NOT pl materiel.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 11:17]
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:15 - Feb 4 with 1759 viewsjojaca

Brendan still had more points on the board in our first season despite finishing in a lower position. How many managers would have kept us up playing that style we were playing on a very small budget. You can see the guy is a "top top" manager the way he is starting to gradually transform Liverpool. He was brave man trying to get rid of players like Downing and Carroll very soon after his appointment because they don't fit his style. The highlight of our Premier League for me so far was our away win at Fulham in our orange kit with Match Of The Day drooling over our famous triangles. Which have disappeared.

Even when you know, you never know?

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:18 - Feb 4 with 1734 viewsshandyjack

and our home form in that first season was exceptional for a newly promoted side

Man City W
Arsenal W and what a game that was
Man Utd L
Chelsea D
Spurs D
Liverpool W

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:21 - Feb 4 with 1713 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:10 - Feb 4 by Darran

Am I the only one that couldn't give a f*ck and couldn't give a f*ck even more than usual under current circumstances

But I have just listed the current circumstances - facts and they are in Laudrups favour, but you are not interested in facts so I suggest you take your chances with your speculations on the stock market instead.

How did Brendan do last year at Liverpool - 7th, FA R4 CC R4 - wow!

Why do you have such a hard time supporting ML at this point? Can you give me some qualified answer or is it just going to be the usual vomitting on the screen?
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 1691 viewsshandyjack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:21 - Feb 4 by macman

But I have just listed the current circumstances - facts and they are in Laudrups favour, but you are not interested in facts so I suggest you take your chances with your speculations on the stock market instead.

Why do you have such a hard time supporting ML at this point? Can you give me some qualified answer or is it just going to be the usual vomitting on the screen?

so basically you are trying to find out who we think is the better manager of the 2. In my personnal opinion it was Brendan but i like ML as a manager also. One thing they both had in common though is a lack of a plan B. Although BR has now found that with his 3 at the back formation he uses for Liverpool. Used it once for us and we were 3-0 up in 30mins against Wolves but drew 4-4.

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:32 - Feb 4 with 1657 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:18 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

and our home form in that first season was exceptional for a newly promoted side

Man City W
Arsenal W and what a game that was
Man Utd L
Chelsea D
Spurs D
Liverpool W

Home form, away form he picked up 47, Laudrup 46 for a side doomed pre-seson to go down. BR won on emre than ML, but also lost one more.
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:36 - Feb 4 with 1635 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:25 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

so basically you are trying to find out who we think is the better manager of the 2. In my personnal opinion it was Brendan but i like ML as a manager also. One thing they both had in common though is a lack of a plan B. Although BR has now found that with his 3 at the back formation he uses for Liverpool. Used it once for us and we were 3-0 up in 30mins against Wolves but drew 4-4.

It is very difficult to have a plan b. You have seen this with Barcelona also and you saw it last night with Manc, but they kept playing their game and they will play it until they are champions.

A plan b for Barcelona, Manc or any team with this playing style is to go West Ham and have a Carrol sitting on the bench, but it will very seldomly be a game winner anyway. That's why they don't, as frustrating as it is to look at when they lose.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 11:40]
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:37 - Feb 4 with 1633 viewsshandyjack

we were favourites to go down the year we came up also

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:39 - Feb 4 with 1623 viewsshandyjack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:36 - Feb 4 by macman

It is very difficult to have a plan b. You have seen this with Barcelona also and you saw it last night with Manc, but they kept playing their game and they will play it until they are champions.

A plan b for Barcelona, Manc or any team with this playing style is to go West Ham and have a Carrol sitting on the bench, but it will very seldomly be a game winner anyway. That's why they don't, as frustrating as it is to look at when they lose.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 11:40]

rubbish, having a Plan B doesn't simply have to be Lump the forward.Can be a formatio tweak, play with less or more width, play a slower tempo, quicker tempo, press higher press less.

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:42 - Feb 4 with 1613 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:37 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

Yes, but then they only had to focus on one thing. Surely you can recognise the difference in that?
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:45 - Feb 4 with 1598 viewsshandyjack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:42 - Feb 4 by macman

Yes, but then they only had to focus on one thing. Surely you can recognise the difference in that?

every season we start with the primary focus of staying in the league last season was no different.

Rodgers still had the cups, just we played a few extra league cup games. ML also had a lot more money to spend on his squad and had the back up of our first season to entice better quality players.

This season is different to most with the europa league

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:49 - Feb 4 with 1585 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:37 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

True, but there is a reason why they call it 2nd season fatigue. The extra you give may go, players may go, other teams know how to play you etc. etc.
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 1559 viewsshandyjack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:49 - Feb 4 by macman

True, but there is a reason why they call it 2nd season fatigue. The extra you give may go, players may go, other teams know how to play you etc. etc.

more often than not second season syndrome has proved to be a myth

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:55 - Feb 4 with 1537 viewsraynor94

in my 50 years of following the Swans Brendan gave me some of my best memories, he's gone what's the point in posting threads doing him down? use all your energy to get behind Laudrup for the weekend and here' to 3 points

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:02 - Feb 4 with 1497 viewsmacman

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:39 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

rubbish, having a Plan B doesn't simply have to be Lump the forward.Can be a formatio tweak, play with less or more width, play a slower tempo, quicker tempo, press higher press less.

OK, let's assume you are right. Why didn't Pellegrini (who we can surely agree has a little more wits than you and I) suddently do something to make a better side win? Why didn't Guardiole do it with Barcelona?

I hope you are not going to doubt the quality of the Man C or Barcelona sides, right?
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:23 - Feb 4 with 1419 viewsGTCJack

You're partially right in what you say.

But football changes quickly. Facts are we're playing poorly and you can't live off the previous season's successes when you're doing poorly. I'm not in the Laudrup out camp but can quite clearly see his failings and there is something quite clearly not right. Keeping Bony out for so long earlier in the season was baffling, as was the signing of Vazquez (and Shechter last season).
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:28 - Feb 4 with 1393 viewsJackFish

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:49 - Feb 4 by macman

Sorry but that's rubbish. In our first season we had people like Gower, Orlandi, Kemy, Tate playing loads of games for us. None of whom are really good enough to play in the PL, although in fairness they did a pretty decent job.

Laudrup had the money from Rodgers/Sinclair and Allen plus the added bonus of how well thought of the club was in Europe after a great first season up to attract new players, something that Brendan didn't have.

What is also becoming apparent is that while we may have a better quality of player at the club now, we
a) don't seem to prepare for matches as well as we did under Brenda, if the rumours about the West Ham team-talk are true,
and b) we certainly have far more players who don't put in much of a shift, and consequently we spend more time without the ball than we did previously, exposing our defence to more attacks.
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:28 - Feb 4 with 1391 viewsDull1Thomas

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 11:21 - Feb 4 by macman

Closet Cardiff fans

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 1345 viewsGTCJack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:28 - Feb 4 by Dull1Thomas

Closet Cardiff fans

Oh shut the f*ck up.

People have opinions. I may not agree with them but I'm not about to accuse them of being Cardiff fans, and neither should you. It's stupid and infantile.
Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 1344 viewsClinton

Brendan did a brilliant job, got us up and kept us up.

Laudrup has done a brilliant job for us, first major trophy and qualification from Europa league group stage.

Three cheers for both of them.

COYS

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 13:08 - Feb 4 with 1276 viewsshandyjack

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan... on 12:02 - Feb 4 by macman

OK, let's assume you are right. Why didn't Pellegrini (who we can surely agree has a little more wits than you and I) suddently do something to make a better side win? Why didn't Guardiole do it with Barcelona?

I hope you are not going to doubt the quality of the Man C or Barcelona sides, right?

Pellegrini did do something different, Plan B doesn't alway work, but it's nice to have one to try. Guardiola didn't need a Plan B coz Barac were smashing everyone anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024