Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL 19:35 - Feb 4 with 56881 viewsNeathJack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx

This post has been edited by an administrator
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:31 - Feb 4 with 3083 viewsUglySwan

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 19:54 - Feb 4 by CambJack

I have to disagree, as a motivator and coach I think Rogers has been our best manager in recent years. He took us a step further whereas under laudrup I don't think I can honestly say a progression was made on the pitch, other than the profile of the club off it. That said the carling cup run and final was a day I'll never forget, so thanks to laudrup for that. Now we must move on

LMAO !! are you serious ? thanks for the laugh im guessing education is not something you value ...

Rodgers what a joke !! the guy doesnt know the concept of tweaking he is just like a clown on the pitch he even looks like he is misplaced at times when u notice him ...

Swansea played piss poor passing ball under Rodgers atleast Laudrup taught the players that there is a goal in the opposite end ...

What happens when old lady teapot laughs too hard? She teas her pants.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:31 - Feb 4 with 3077 viewsJWK

F'ing idiotic.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:32 - Feb 4 with 3049 viewsSwanseajill

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:24 - Feb 4 by union_jack

Well said.

Who is going around marking down posts like these that are just saying it as it is?

The mark up and down is in reverse, not working too well, or some one playing silly boogers.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:32 - Feb 4 with 3047 viewsVetchitBack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 by eastbanker

Absolute suicide, to put Monk in charge has condemned us to Championship football. I can understand the reasons behind the boards decision but a replacement should have been lined up for a quick change round. Putting Monk in charge of first team affairs is similar to the Kevin Cullis fiasco.

One word - MARTINEZ

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:33 - Feb 4 with 3015 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:26 - Feb 4 by Shaky

First available opportunity was a bad performance at WHU.

so it would appear - they were just waiting for an opportunity to sack him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:33 - Feb 4 with 2996 viewsraynor94

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 by exiledclaseboy

The way I read the OS statement, Monk's in charge for the rest of the season. "Foreseeable future..."

Strangely, while still being gobsmacked at the utterly mental timing and lack of any kind of credible succession plan after sacking Laudrup, I am way more hyped for Saturday than I was an hour ago.

Same here bring it on!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 2961 viewsStanners

Wow

Part of me is shocked but another part of me ain't

Our performances, results etc etc since winning the COC are well documented

Not sure how I feel about Monk tho

Hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the bum
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 2956 viewsUxbridge

Blimey. Shocked to say the least. There'd better be a body buried somewhere otherwise this looks a ridiculous decision.

Strap in lads and lasses. Gonna be a bumpy ride.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 2954 viewscrackerjack

We've proved as a club, as fans, that we're at our most determined & resolute in times of adversity, & when our backs are against the wall. Most of our new fans have never experienced this, having been fed on a diet of promotions & success.

Maybe this will help us re-find our resolve & fighting spirit. Like ECB, the excitement for Saturday has just gone up several notches!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 2929 viewsgajkillay

unbelievable. Must have been things going on behind the scenes-did he "lose" the dressing room"??
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 2924 viewsGiant_Penguins

Waiting for the laudrupisgod (kiisgod) post, could use a cheering up :)
On a serious note, GM will def. be a HJ man, so maybe some happy days ahead behind the curtain (not suggesting it will be happy days on the field)
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 2914 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:29 - Feb 4 by porschejack

because it keeps our players here until the season end .

good point, except they are all under contract and can't just up and leave

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:36 - Feb 4 with 2868 views3swan

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:23 - Feb 4 by exiledclaseboy

The way I read the OS statement, Monk's in charge for the rest of the season. "Foreseeable future..."

Strangely, while still being gobsmacked at the utterly mental timing and lack of any kind of credible succession plan after sacking Laudrup, I am way more hyped for Saturday than I was an hour ago.

Who knows what the rest of the season will bring, but yes I'm more positive about Saturday than I was yesterday.

Maybe some players will play with a bit more freedom.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:37 - Feb 4 with 2804 viewsunion_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:32 - Feb 4 by Swanseajill

The mark up and down is in reverse, not working too well, or some one playing silly boogers.

No, you must be wrong because all of Perchies posts are negatives

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:37 - Feb 4 with 2785 viewswaynekerr55

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICAL on 20:31 - Feb 4 by UglySwan

LMAO !! are you serious ? thanks for the laugh im guessing education is not something you value ...

Rodgers what a joke !! the guy doesnt know the concept of tweaking he is just like a clown on the pitch he even looks like he is misplaced at times when u notice him ...

Swansea played piss poor passing ball under Rodgers atleast Laudrup taught the players that there is a goal in the opposite end ...

Record points total with a weaker squad

Promotion to the PL

Dear god

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:38 - Feb 4 with 2755 viewsnantywatcher

ML comes across as a really decent human being but as a football manager he could not motivate, was tactically naive and after a crushing defeat which exposed these weaknesses greater than ever, he went on holiday to Paris. Can you imagine any other Premiership manager doing that (Pulis, Poyet and others would have got them out of bed 9 o'clock Sunday morning.) I've been moaning about their fitness for months, we look knackered in the last 15 minutes, quite a few points surrendered in that period.
And don't get me started on spending £12+ million on a mediocre championship striker, all his best buys were in the bargain basement, Shelvey being the exception. People seem to be worried about the Spanish players but week in week out Rangel and Chico play with total passion. Canas and Amat have great futures. As others have said with Monk at least we will go down fighting, with ML we were undoubtedly getting relegated without a fight
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:38 - Feb 4 with 2753 viewsPintado

So is Monk just an interim manager, or is this lined up for permanent role, are they waiting for new guy to come in?

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 2705 viewsunion_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:36 - Feb 4 by 3swan

Who knows what the rest of the season will bring, but yes I'm more positive about Saturday than I was yesterday.

Maybe some players will play with a bit more freedom.

My thoughts exactly!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 2703 viewsswanduck

Wow... totally shocked but at the same time I don't feel surprised.

I hope everyone remembers what ML did for us, great manager, though it was being increasingly obvious that something wasn't right. Wish him all the luck in the future.

As for Monk being appointed... will give him a chance, I trust the board, their last couple of managerial appointments have been spot on. Bit confused as to whether Monk is our permanent manager? BBC Sport seems to suggest so...
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 2697 viewsEldrup

Monk as coach, f*ck me, what a pressure to give him. This must be a temporary solution and hopefully it will give a boost, but don't think it can give us more than that.
It seems like a mad decision. A derby victory is now a must. IF we loose that one in Monks first game, we're doomed.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:41 - Feb 4 with 2661 viewswaynekerr55

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:38 - Feb 4 by nantywatcher

ML comes across as a really decent human being but as a football manager he could not motivate, was tactically naive and after a crushing defeat which exposed these weaknesses greater than ever, he went on holiday to Paris. Can you imagine any other Premiership manager doing that (Pulis, Poyet and others would have got them out of bed 9 o'clock Sunday morning.) I've been moaning about their fitness for months, we look knackered in the last 15 minutes, quite a few points surrendered in that period.
And don't get me started on spending £12+ million on a mediocre championship striker, all his best buys were in the bargain basement, Shelvey being the exception. People seem to be worried about the Spanish players but week in week out Rangel and Chico play with total passion. Canas and Amat have great futures. As others have said with Monk at least we will go down fighting, with ML we were undoubtedly getting relegated without a fight

Bony - mediocre with a goal every other game in a misfiring team.

F*ck me lets go and get the best striker in the championship then

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:41 - Feb 4 with 2638 viewsperchrockjack

What we have to do as fans is to stop this internet inter necine strife that is plain shaming us all.
Some have twigged that things are not right for some time, some believed positive drivel on a chat room would get us to come good. It didn't.

BEST thing is to make us really feisty and nasty on the field in the subtlest ways too.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:44 - Feb 4 with 2575 viewsGiant_Penguins

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:38 - Feb 4 by nantywatcher

To be fair after first or second defeat last year ML took away the players day of for training as punishment for a bad performance, and there was drama and complaints (think I remember it was monk actually- might be wrong though)
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:46 - Feb 4 with 2495 viewsMolliemick

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:38 - Feb 4 by Pintado

So is Monk just an interim manager, or is this lined up for permanent role, are they waiting for new guy to come in?

It will depend upon results
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 2883 viewsJango

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:27 - Feb 4 by Plasticman

when you start out your post by insulting anyone that might disagree with you, you loose all credibility.

My apologies, I'll change clearly deluded to wrong in my opinion! Laudrup was taking us down and he didn't care! At least with monk we'll have someone who will demand maximum effort and try his absolute best to get us playing again! A new manager would take time we haven't got just to settle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024