Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup's past 12:00 - Feb 19 with 3818 viewsTitchJackArmy

Michael Laudrup has undoubtably changed our club in his short time with us which I applaued, However I just can't see Huw sacking him in this way. Its not his style, Look at ML's previous record:

Getafe - 1 Season - Resigned (Wanted Panathinaikos Job, Unable to agree terms)
Moscow - 7 Months - Sacked (Poor results)
Mallorca - 1 Season - Resigned (Differences with DOF)
Swansea - 2 Seasons - Sacked (Poor results)

He seems to leave every club under a cloud, and we are no different sadly
Laudrup's past on 12:04 - Feb 19 with 2571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Great Summing up.
Laudrup's past on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 2552 viewsperchrockjack

indeed

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup's past on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 2531 viewsraynor94

Surely time to move on this Laudrup bashing isn't doing us any favours at all, we have a massive game tomorrow and he's still dominating this board

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup's past on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 2523 viewsSCB1985

I don't trust the media but some do which is annoying. Get behind your club mun. I don't care even if he was sacked by email and our board seems ruthless. It is not like our board are changing our colours, our identity, dropping the city from our name or even erecting a Michael jackson statue out side the ground.

Poll: whats more important to you

Laudrup's past on 12:18 - Feb 19 with 2515 viewsOdgaard

Brondby - 4 season - Diddent agree a new Contract
- 1 Championship and 2 Cups victories
- Since he left brondby they have been terrible, and have been close to relegate..
Getafe - 1 Season - Resigned
- Finale in Copa del Rey, QF euro League (lost in overtime to Bayern Munchen)
- Maybe the second best season of Getafe ever..
- Awfull nothing good in there..bad choice
- Survived with a team where over the half of the team never had played a La liga match, the club was close to bankrupt - no money - they now plays in the segunda division.
Swansea - 2 Seasons - 9 place and a cup victory. (if people really mean he was sacked on bad results, then you dont have any perspective..)
Laudrup's past on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 2503 viewsperchrockjack

True but tis press conference has an affect on our Club so its worthy of comment.
What we do not want is point scoring over past issues.

I see my club s good name has been sullied by a guy who s done the same before.
Never trust a man with a right side parting. It shows an inbalance in the brain

Laudrup's past on 12:20 - Feb 19 with 2502 viewsDarran

Laudrup's past on 12:13 - Feb 19 by raynor94

Surely time to move on this Laudrup bashing isn't doing us any favours at all, we have a massive game tomorrow and he's still dominating this board

Some will never move on from it Rayns.
Seriously coaches/managers lose their jobs in every sport but I'm seriously not getting the fuss in this one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup's past on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 2485 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Laudrup's past on 12:18 - Feb 19 by Odgaard

Brondby - 4 season - Diddent agree a new Contract
- 1 Championship and 2 Cups victories
- Since he left brondby they have been terrible, and have been close to relegate..
Getafe - 1 Season - Resigned
- Finale in Copa del Rey, QF euro League (lost in overtime to Bayern Munchen)
- Maybe the second best season of Getafe ever..
- Awfull nothing good in there..bad choice
- Survived with a team where over the half of the team never had played a La liga match, the club was close to bankrupt - no money - they now plays in the segunda division.
Swansea - 2 Seasons - 9 place and a cup victory. (if people really mean he was sacked on bad results, then you dont have any perspective..)

"Swansea - 2 Seasons - 9 place and a cup victory. (if people really mean he was sacked on bad results, then you dont have any perspective..) "

Yes all in the first season and facing relegation this season. Nobody has said his first season wasn't great, because it was, but that is History, it was the "now" that was the problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup's past on 12:34 - Feb 19 with 2450 viewsOdgaard

Laudrup's past on 12:23 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

"Swansea - 2 Seasons - 9 place and a cup victory. (if people really mean he was sacked on bad results, then you dont have any perspective..) "

Yes all in the first season and facing relegation this season. Nobody has said his first season wasn't great, because it was, but that is History, it was the "now" that was the problem.

It was just to say, that you cant get two total different things out of the same stuff.. Its just how you start you bias.. I really dont mean the results was bad, mostly because who can deliver with a half squad?

The only reason am defending ML is because i dont think he deserve it, and i want people to recognize his attribute to the club. Its easy to look at a table and say well bad results, but if you look closer, then there is different story..

ML and Swansea was not a good match in the long run, ML want the club to do things differently. HJ did what he had to do, to protect the values of the club - and i respect the man for that. that is a fair statement, and that is what that got swansea to PL..

To Darren ; the Fuss is that i hate people got blamed for no reason, its easy to agree that the club did the right thing, but discard a person who did well for the club, is just not noble and what a truly fan should do.. Honor the legends like old managers as Martinez and Rodgers. They attributed, they are heroes... but in this forum, they mostly are presented as bad guys... AND i f.cking hate that! Nothing wrong to move on, but why cant you recognize Laudrups attributes to the club?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 12:35]
Laudrup's past on 12:37 - Feb 19 with 2434 viewsDarran

Laudrup's past on 12:34 - Feb 19 by Odgaard

It was just to say, that you cant get two total different things out of the same stuff.. Its just how you start you bias.. I really dont mean the results was bad, mostly because who can deliver with a half squad?

The only reason am defending ML is because i dont think he deserve it, and i want people to recognize his attribute to the club. Its easy to look at a table and say well bad results, but if you look closer, then there is different story..

ML and Swansea was not a good match in the long run, ML want the club to do things differently. HJ did what he had to do, to protect the values of the club - and i respect the man for that. that is a fair statement, and that is what that got swansea to PL..

To Darren ; the Fuss is that i hate people got blamed for no reason, its easy to agree that the club did the right thing, but discard a person who did well for the club, is just not noble and what a truly fan should do.. Honor the legends like old managers as Martinez and Rodgers. They attributed, they are heroes... but in this forum, they mostly are presented as bad guys... AND i f.cking hate that! Nothing wrong to move on, but why cant you recognize Laudrups attributes to the club?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 12:35]

I can and I have.

Laudrup's past on 12:43 - Feb 19 with 2406 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's past on 12:23 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Just to summarise

History is great when we can slag an ex manager off based on it

History is not important when it shows historic achievements made by an ex manager

ok

Now being the problem based near identical like for like team PL points as our record PL season last year even with all the games and success in Europe and the FA Cup and whilst dealing with key injuries. That's balanced!
Laudrup's past on 12:45 - Feb 19 with 2385 viewsperchrockjack

key word is L A S T.

Laudrup's past on 12:53 - Feb 19 with 2368 viewsSpratty

Facts which were in the public domain and we were well aware of before the board hired him.

Do you think they made a mistake hiring him?

One thing he was trying to establish yesterday was that he made it clear from the outset that he wanted no interference in managing the team. Very possibly because he knew that had caused issues previously and wanted to be assured this would not happen again as that would not be helpful to him or us.
Laudrup's past on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 2355 viewsDarran

Laudrup's past on 12:53 - Feb 19 by Spratty

Facts which were in the public domain and we were well aware of before the board hired him.

Do you think they made a mistake hiring him?

One thing he was trying to establish yesterday was that he made it clear from the outset that he wanted no interference in managing the team. Very possibly because he knew that had caused issues previously and wanted to be assured this would not happen again as that would not be helpful to him or us.

Of f*ck off Spratty is it Michael Laudrup probably knew next to f*ck all about Swansea City before he came here.
From the outset FFS,get real.

Laudrup's past on 12:58 - Feb 19 with 2341 viewsTrundle10

Laudrup's past on 12:13 - Feb 19 by raynor94

Do you think this board has any relevance on the level of performance of the team then?
Laudrup's past on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 2289 viewsJokeren1943

As a dane following Laudrups carer just a bit more intensely then you have, you are clearly not really have a clue about his carer.

But making it short. The first year he allways do a fantastic job. (Fx Getafe allmost beat Bayern Munich). Both his spanish clubs were poor/near backrupt Zero money for players (had to loan almost every player he got). On that front it most be fuccking annoying when you finally have a few pounds you are not allowed to buy the players (beside Michu - big succes - found for penuts, Pablo - big succes - Chico - medium succes - found for penuts).

Second season (in the two spanish clubs and Swansea) - lack of inspiration, bad results.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 13:22]
Laudrup's past on 13:23 - Feb 19 with 2269 viewsJokeren1943

As far as I can see, Laudrup has left Swansea with a much stronger team, then when he came.

That is good enough for me.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 13:23]
Laudrup's past on 13:24 - Feb 19 with 2263 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's past on 12:56 - Feb 19 by Darran

Of f*ck off Spratty is it Michael Laudrup probably knew next to f*ck all about Swansea City before he came here.
From the outset FFS,get real.

I don't recall saying he did

Thanks for your kind regards as promised previously I will f*ck off after you

Get real like making up FACTs and NEVER admitting when they are inaccurate?
Laudrup's past on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 2242 viewsDarran

Laudrup's past on 13:24 - Feb 19 by Spratty

I don't recall saying he did

Thanks for your kind regards as promised previously I will f*ck off after you

Get real like making up FACTs and NEVER admitting when they are inaccurate?

You said it.

Laudrup's past on 13:37 - Feb 19 with 2216 viewsStarsky

Laudrup's past on 12:43 - Feb 19 by Spratty

Just to summarise

History is great when we can slag an ex manager off based on it

History is not important when it shows historic achievements made by an ex manager

ok

Now being the problem based near identical like for like team PL points as our record PL season last year even with all the games and success in Europe and the FA Cup and whilst dealing with key injuries. That's balanced!

You can compare statistics for this season and last season and come up with whatever you want.
Statistics don't tell you anything about the state of the club right up to and after the West Ham debacle.
These media who are slagging us off now are the same media who were telling the world how inept we were against West Ham and how poor we've been since winning the Capital One cup.
I don't know if Garry Monk is the long term answer but our club spirit and ethos seems to have had a much needed boost. That's enough for me, now lets move on.

It's just the internet, init.

Laudrup's past on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 2212 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's past on 13:28 - Feb 19 by Darran

You said it.

Previously in his relationships with other clubs.

I never even intimated he had so much as heard about Swansea when we offered him the job
Laudrup's past on 13:42 - Feb 19 with 2194 viewsDarran

Laudrup's past on 13:38 - Feb 19 by Spratty

Previously in his relationships with other clubs.

I never even intimated he had so much as heard about Swansea when we offered him the job

Well he obviously thought we were like some of the shit clubs he'd been at previously then so I was right he knew nothing about us.

Seriously he's gone and he ain't coming back, huge game tomorrow move on FFFS

Laudrup's past on 13:45 - Feb 19 with 2187 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's past on 13:37 - Feb 19 by Starsky

You can compare statistics for this season and last season and come up with whatever you want.
Statistics don't tell you anything about the state of the club right up to and after the West Ham debacle.
These media who are slagging us off now are the same media who were telling the world how inept we were against West Ham and how poor we've been since winning the Capital One cup.
I don't know if Garry Monk is the long term answer but our club spirit and ethos seems to have had a much needed boost. That's enough for me, now lets move on.

So continually slagging off an ex manager is moving on

It turned Huw's stomach and turned mine so excuse me if I continue to defend our club against such abuse. What will players and other managers think they are coming into.
Laudrup's past on 13:58 - Feb 19 with 2141 viewsStarsky

Laudrup's past on 13:45 - Feb 19 by Spratty

So continually slagging off an ex manager is moving on

It turned Huw's stomach and turned mine so excuse me if I continue to defend our club against such abuse. What will players and other managers think they are coming into.

Have you replied to the correct post? Your reply isn't anything to do with my post, is it?

It's just the internet, init.

Laudrup's past on 14:17 - Feb 19 with 2098 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's past on 13:58 - Feb 19 by Starsky

Have you replied to the correct post? Your reply isn't anything to do with my post, is it?

Think so you replied to me ending now lets move on

I was explaining why that was difficult when certain posters are continually slagging off ML
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024