Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Curtis 13:04 - Feb 19 with 18485 viewsGretsch

Anyone heard a rumour that he jacked about 2 hrs ago, jsut had a call from a mate ??

Hope it's not true, and probably bull.
Alan Curtis on 12:14 - Feb 20 with 2206 viewsGretsch

Alan Curtis on 11:45 - Feb 20 by epaul

So his 30+ years of experience is worth feck all then. There's legends and there's Legends then there's Mr Alan Curtis, my boyhood Swansea hero. In our first year in div 1, away teams would put 2 defenders on him......he was that damn good.

Exactly why shouldn't he have a job close to the first team? do you have any first hand evidence?

Nice little story about Alan Curtis, years ago he used to do Football Schools in the school hols, my boy went on one at Cwrt Herbert and left his boots behind. In fairness he rang me, didnt insist I came to get them, but popped up the Cimla to my house with the boots and had a cup of tea.

Couple of weeks later at the Man Utrd friendly at The Vetch, my boy and me walked past him signing autographs outside, he looked over and saw us, and shouted "allright Lee" and my boy (ahbout 9 at the time) shouted back "allright Al" quite funny to me at the time but fairplay he didnt forget.

Whatever anyone thinks of his talents, a nice down to earth guy.
Alan Curtis on 12:15 - Feb 20 with 2205 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 10:55 - Feb 20 by premierjack

Shut up you cock. Yes he is a legend at the club but should never have a job close to the first team

Obviously because the first team has been shit since he got involved with em several years ago innit.

I've said we've got some of the thickest f*cking fans on the planet and PremierJack is more proof.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alan Curtis on 12:29 - Feb 20 with 2170 viewsepaul

I met him for the first time at the fans forum in London, saying I was awestruck is an understatement!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Alan Curtis on 12:40 - Feb 20 with 2134 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 12:29 - Feb 20 by epaul

I met him for the first time at the fans forum in London, saying I was awestruck is an understatement!

Job for life.

Alan Curtis on 12:42 - Feb 20 with 2129 viewsGowerjack

Alan Curtis on 18:24 - Feb 19 by Jackfath

And to think people say I ruin this board and am the reason people don't post.

Oh look it's you

Nothing to add to the thread yet again other than to talk about yourself.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Alan Curtis on 12:44 - Feb 20 with 2126 viewsGowerjack

Shut up you cock. Yes he is a legend at the club but should never have a job close to the first team

You're not very bright are you?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Alan Curtis on 13:02 - Feb 20 with 2068 viewsRancid

You're still a W****r.
Alan Curtis on 13:06 - Feb 20 with 2057 viewsmonmouth

Alan Curtis on 12:44 - Feb 20 by Gowerjack

You're not very bright are you?

Maybe he can carry things though?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Curtis on 13:42 - Feb 20 with 1991 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 12:15 - Feb 20 by Darran

Obviously because the first team has been shit since he got involved with em several years ago innit.

I've said we've got some of the thickest f*cking fans on the planet and PremierJack is more proof.

Lol he's just the face of someone else passing the messages on. Everyone at the club knows this apart forlorn the thick fans that think cos he was a great player, it makes him a great coach.
Alan Curtis on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 1983 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 13:42 - Feb 20 by premierjack

Lol he's just the face of someone else passing the messages on. Everyone at the club knows this apart forlorn the thick fans that think cos he was a great player, it makes him a great coach.

Ah right and that affects the first team how?

Alan Curtis on 13:49 - Feb 20 with 1976 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 13:45 - Feb 20 by Darran

Ah right and that affects the first team how?

Did I say it effected the first team then?
Alan Curtis on 13:54 - Feb 20 with 1961 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 13:49 - Feb 20 by premierjack

Did I say it effected the first team then?

Well not in so many years but you're hoping its true hes sacked,if the first team is ticking over nicely why do you hope hes been sacked?

Alan Curtis on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 1953 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 13:54 - Feb 20 by Darran

Well not in so many years but you're hoping its true hes sacked,if the first team is ticking over nicely why do you hope hes been sacked?

So I didn't say it then?

Maybe 'hope' was a bit strong but I know that if he did leave or get sacked, the team wouldn't lose anything and be in a better place if they got someone to replace him.
Alan Curtis on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 1946 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 13:57 - Feb 20 by premierjack

So I didn't say it then?

Maybe 'hope' was a bit strong but I know that if he did leave or get sacked, the team wouldn't lose anything and be in a better place if they got someone to replace him.

Well yes you basically said it and you've just said it again.

How would the first team be in a better place if they got someone to replace him then?

Alan Curtis on 14:13 - Feb 20 with 1911 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 13:59 - Feb 20 by Darran

Well yes you basically said it and you've just said it again.

How would the first team be in a better place if they got someone to replace him then?

No I didn't say it.

Because I know for a fact that ppl at the club know that he will say or do anything that the boss wants, he hasn't got his own opinion or ideas.
Alan Curtis on 14:46 - Feb 20 with 1878 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Alan Curtis on 14:13 - Feb 20 by premierjack

No I didn't say it.

Because I know for a fact that ppl at the club know that he will say or do anything that the boss wants, he hasn't got his own opinion or ideas.

I will not diss your opinion , but there are a few points .

You said he is the biggest arse licker YOU know at the club .
If your an ex player/coach then fair enough.
However if your being told by some players he's is an arse licker then I could just be bad eggs a grudge etc .

A man who has dedicated his life to the club just like a fan ,he has 30 years of experience at the highest level in football an international footballer.
Unless you have first hand of him having no input into the coaching side then I would say some are spreading sour grapes to you .
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:50]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Alan Curtis on 14:58 - Feb 20 with 1845 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 14:46 - Feb 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

I will not diss your opinion , but there are a few points .

You said he is the biggest arse licker YOU know at the club .
If your an ex player/coach then fair enough.
However if your being told by some players he's is an arse licker then I could just be bad eggs a grudge etc .

A man who has dedicated his life to the club just like a fan ,he has 30 years of experience at the highest level in football an international footballer.
Unless you have first hand of him having no input into the coaching side then I would say some are spreading sour grapes to you .
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:50]

Correct - he is the biggest arse licker I KNOW at the club. I'm not saying his heart isn't in the right place, not saying that he doesn't want the best for the club, not saying he wasn't a great player or even that he hasn't got bags of experience.

What I am saying is that he doesn't have much input - If any at all because he is a 'yes' man.

If you want to wear your tinted glasses because you used to watch him play an he's a nice man to chat to (which he is) then that's fine by me, I won't criticise that because everyone has their own opinion.

Some people KNOW a lot more that others think.
A lot of people on this board believe rumours and hearsay.
I prefer to listen to the facts.
Alan Curtis on 14:59 - Feb 20 with 1841 viewsDarran

Alan Curtis on 14:58 - Feb 20 by premierjack

Correct - he is the biggest arse licker I KNOW at the club. I'm not saying his heart isn't in the right place, not saying that he doesn't want the best for the club, not saying he wasn't a great player or even that he hasn't got bags of experience.

What I am saying is that he doesn't have much input - If any at all because he is a 'yes' man.

If you want to wear your tinted glasses because you used to watch him play an he's a nice man to chat to (which he is) then that's fine by me, I won't criticise that because everyone has their own opinion.

How do you know so much then?

Alan Curtis on 15:03 - Feb 20 with 1837 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I am not wearing rose tinted glasses at all ,as your staff / ex staff at the club then your entitled to air your views .
If you are still staff then I don't see your point on airing this .
If your ex staff then that's another thing .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Alan Curtis on 15:03 - Feb 20 with 1835 viewsicecoldjack

I played against Alan curtis years ago, gentleman on the field and gentleman off it .

I find it a little bit distasteful that people are picking on a guy who's job is TO listen to others and follow instructions !!

People forget that there is a place for a guy who has seen it all,he may not be cutting edge in terms of coaching but he could tell almost every single pro in that club a story or a situation he was once in himself and say it as a father figure not as a bloke who is condecending or arrogant.

Sometimes those who speak less have more valuable things to say!

I dont care if his job is to set the cones out and pick up the footballs ,rather him than some arsehole who hasnt really ever walked the walk but thinks he is something special.

He is part of the Fabric of SCFC and as one poster mentioned above,dropping in for a cuppa after returning a kids football boots speaks volumes about the man.

We all know at any club you need all the layers of personality,its what makes a club special, Curtis is a great father figure to have down there and that includes all age levels of the football groups.

Never underestimate the influence of a steady guy behind the scenes keeping continuity of History and a know how of local knowledge.

Its a bit sad people can find words to dislike him, we all have parts of us others may not like but i think overall Curtis has served our club with great honour and deserves a bit more respect for it than some are giving.

Everyones opinons are different and i respect that but for me Curt is a great old head to have around the place .
Alan Curtis on 15:12 - Feb 20 with 1816 viewsymaohyd

I don't like abuse on forums, for you though I'll make an exception.

Fuc* off you silly prick!

I can't see what good your posts are having. If Curt was employed to have a pivotal role on strategy then indeed things need looking at. His influence is felt though in other ways and is the eyes and ears of the board......

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Alan Curtis on 15:14 - Feb 20 with 1807 viewsRancid

He's part of the Swansea 'boot room'.Plenty of clubs have old players,Liverpool done it for years and employed from within.Cut the bloke some slack man, he gave most of us some of our best memories in our lifetime as a player.
Alan Curtis on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 1712 viewsclement

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Alan Curtis on 18:03 - Feb 20 with 1666 viewsSwansNZ

What are these "facts", that you listed too? sounds more like opinions to me.

Are you Michael Laudrup?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Alan Curtis on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 1649 viewspremierjack

Alan Curtis on 15:12 - Feb 20 by ymaohyd

I don't like abuse on forums, for you though I'll make an exception.

Fuc* off you silly prick!

I can't see what good your posts are having. If Curt was employed to have a pivotal role on strategy then indeed things need looking at. His influence is felt though in other ways and is the eyes and ears of the board......

Lol ok tough guy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024