Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? 11:05 - Feb 21 with 6564 viewsChief

and I'm asking this as a laudrup fan and someone who thought he was hard done by.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:53 - Feb 22 with 839 viewswaynekerr55

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:50 - Feb 22 by Brynmill_Jack

You're right of course Wayne. Perhaps Laudrup's vanity got in the way of a good "let's not stand still and try some new training techniques" attitude. I just have the feeling that he thought he was too good to improve, maybe some of his inner circle were propagating that myth around him and he lapped it up.

Or that quite simply he has an eye for players and when he's bothered he can get a team very well drilled and playing superbly.

It's quite clear that he surrounded himself with yes men who won't push him and their incompetence will catch up with him later when he's at a big club. I know someone who worked at Chelski when Scolari was manager, he said their academy sessions started before the 1st team and finished after. JT, Cole and Lampard pulled him and told him they weren't working hard enough, he wouldn't budge and he was gone. Ring any bells?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 12:13 - Feb 22 with 804 viewsItchySphincter

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 19:50 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

You want Monk to fail so much it's tangible. And quite amusing.

There's a few more the same.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 12:16 - Feb 22 with 799 viewsItchySphincter

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:03 - Feb 22 by Jokeren1943

You see Monk as an icon in Swansea (rightly so) though his long career as a fantastic Swansea player and leader for the club. His heart and passion for the club is legendary.

But heart and passion do not mean shite, in the rough game of football, if you do not preform as manager (or player). Monk was an outstanding leader on the pitch.

But being an outstanding leader on the pitch, do not garanti any succes as manager.

What all former players turning to the job as managers all say - those two things (jobs) are like night and day. Now Monk has become manager. But unlike Pellegrini who knows exactly what to do (though his long career as manager), Monk has to learn everything from scratch.

Reality, the only thing counting in the end for Swansea is the preformance on the pitch - if Monk like any manager do not preform, Monk will get sacked (by Jenkins and the board).

I have from the start stated, only result can show if Monk is any worth as manager. If it makes me disloyal to think like that - then I am disloyal (I would rather say I am realistic).
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:07]

Same principle applies to every player that becomes manager.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 12:16 - Feb 22 with 799 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 12:13 - Feb 22 by ItchySphincter

There's a few more the same.

You don't need to be Derek Acorah to know what'll happen tomorrow should we lose.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:24 - Feb 22 with 766 viewsmawdlamjack

should we lose tomorrow i will not be too concerned, as long as we play with the heart and commitment to the shirt that GM seems to have restored to the team. it's far to soon to judge GM as manager but he has made a terrific start. If he is retained post season it will be interesting to see what calibre of player he can bring in to the squad, one thing we can be sure of is any new arrivals will come here wanting to play for Swansea City, not just attracted to playing under a famous name manager. Our club is big enough to attract good players without the ML factor.
and in answer to the op question - no way would our performance have been as good under ML but we might have had the same result except that the game would not have been half as entertaining as it was.
COYS

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:49 - Feb 22 with 753 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:24 - Feb 22 by mawdlamjack

should we lose tomorrow i will not be too concerned, as long as we play with the heart and commitment to the shirt that GM seems to have restored to the team. it's far to soon to judge GM as manager but he has made a terrific start. If he is retained post season it will be interesting to see what calibre of player he can bring in to the squad, one thing we can be sure of is any new arrivals will come here wanting to play for Swansea City, not just attracted to playing under a famous name manager. Our club is big enough to attract good players without the ML factor.
and in answer to the op question - no way would our performance have been as good under ML but we might have had the same result except that the game would not have been half as entertaining as it was.
COYS

Good point. Our profile has sky rocketed around the world since we've been in the PL. Even Ronald Koeman was touting himself for our managers job. Wow

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:28 - Feb 22 with 743 views2face

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:43 - Feb 22 by waynekerr55

Well I know for a fact that the players are enjoying the more structured and professional approach in training.

I can't wait to see how well cross country Garcia and look at me I'm in my forties but I can still ping it with the best of them do with top top players.

I doubt that he will get a top club. His career is in big trouble imo. I think the big clubs will think that if he can't get along with management in a well run midtable club like Swansea, there is no chance of him being able to handle a big club with all the politics going on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024