Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard 13:41 - Mar 14 with 1585 viewsgarfy55

Thanks to Nigel Davies for his contribution. Swans won't be in a relegation scrap http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/eleven-premier-league-clubs-face-almigh
A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 14:02 - Mar 14 with 1539 viewsGowerjack

Although the article perpetuates the "small squad" myth.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 14:47 - Mar 14 with 1496 viewsmonmouth

I see old Comical Almi thinks the Reds are home to WBA. He's in for a bit of a surprise that day then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 14:51 - Mar 14 with 1482 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So only 2 of the bottom 10 think they are doomned .

Somebody is wrong .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 1433 viewsepaul

Nice one Gareth mush

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 15:39 - Mar 14 with 1395 viewsDafyddHuw

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 14:02 - Mar 14 by Gowerjack

Although the article perpetuates the "small squad" myth.

It's not a myth, tho'.
A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:09 - Mar 14 with 1374 viewsPhaedrus

How on earth can a player who has missed most of our season, either by injury or anonymous performance, be a key figure? He has contributed absolutely fk all to our season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 16:09]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:20 - Mar 14 with 1357 viewsGixerJack

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:09 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

How on earth can a player who has missed most of our season, either by injury or anonymous performance, be a key figure? He has contributed absolutely fk all to our season.

I'll be full of optimism after we beat west brum
A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:27 - Mar 14 with 1339 viewsunion_jack

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:09 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Key when he returns and his absence has been key to the lack of points.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:55 - Mar 14 with 1295 viewsPhaedrus

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:27 - Mar 14 by union_jack

Key when he returns and his absence has been key to the lack of points.

Lack of points? We have done as well this season as we did last season, game for game. There is no lack of points. As for possible future performances, well any player in the squad could turn out to be a key player.
If i was looking for a likely key player he wouldn't be

a) completely out of form
and
b) returning from a serious injury.
( I have checked and this time last season we had scored 40 goals, against 37 so far this season. Factoring that we had played more of our easier games by this point last season, the evidence suggest that we have performed at least as well this season without Michu, as we did lasts season with him)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 17:04]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 19:15 - Mar 14 with 1197 viewsGowerjack

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 15:39 - Mar 14 by DafyddHuw

It's not a myth, tho'.

Ok

In what way is it not a myth

I'm genuinely interested as this seems to have become a crutch for our "poor" season.

Surely it's more a case that the squad has been badly managed both in terms of selection and response and treatment to injuries.

Do we really have a small squad?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 1164 viewsPhaedrus

Or have we just played the teams a different order this season?

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 19:51 - Mar 14 with 1145 viewsexiledclaseboy

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 19:34 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Or have we just played the teams a different order this season?

I think you might have hit upon something there.

Poll: Tory leader

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:02 - Mar 14 with 1121 viewsPhaedrus

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 19:51 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

I think you might have hit upon something there.

Well my theory will be obliterated if we don't win tomorrow. And we have a tall order to repeat last seasons home performance vs West Brom.
In my dads words " the best 45 minutes I've ever seen a Swansea team play"
Im inclined to agree with your earlier tweet. I'm feeling similar.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 20:03]

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 1115 viewsexiledclaseboy

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:02 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Well my theory will be obliterated if we don't win tomorrow. And we have a tall order to repeat last seasons home performance vs West Brom.
In my dads words " the best 45 minutes I've ever seen a Swansea team play"
Im inclined to agree with your earlier tweet. I'm feeling similar.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 20:03]

We were sublime in that first half. Tomorrow is massive.

Poll: Tory leader

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:07 - Mar 14 with 1107 viewsPhaedrus

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:04 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

We were sublime in that first half. Tomorrow is massive.

If we lose tomorrow I'm going to be at least a 5 on Eds scale. Possibly a 7.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 20:08]

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:48 - Mar 14 with 1062 viewsmonmouth

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:07 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

If we lose tomorrow I'm going to be at least a 5 on Eds scale. Possibly a 7.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 20:08]

I'll be off the scale if we lose this one I think......and I'm currently a 1 or 2 as I think we will canter it tomorrow and on to safety.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 20:53 - Mar 14 with 1051 viewsTokijo

Still need to get points on the board, despite what the press say.
A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 17:44 - Mar 15 with 935 viewsPhaedrus

A Touch Far Vetched in Evening Standard on 16:55 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Lack of points? We have done as well this season as we did last season, game for game. There is no lack of points. As for possible future performances, well any player in the squad could turn out to be a key player.
If i was looking for a likely key player he wouldn't be

a) completely out of form
and
b) returning from a serious injury.
( I have checked and this time last season we had scored 40 goals, against 37 so far this season. Factoring that we had played more of our easier games by this point last season, the evidence suggest that we have performed at least as well this season without Michu, as we did lasts season with him)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 17:04]

Errr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024