Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Laudrup really have to go? 16:57 - Mar 24 with 2851 viewsDanielswan

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 16:59 - Mar 24 with 2035 viewsDanielswan

I made the poll and voted 4 ...... really have no idea wether he should have stayed or not.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 17:05 - Mar 24 with 2011 viewsC_jack

Only 1 month late to the party.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 17:06 - Mar 24 with 2006 viewsVetchitBack

I do think he lacked or lacks motivational skills when things start to go awry (my feelings on this strengthened by a post from a Mallorca fan) but I wasn't sure at the time if he should go.

I said Monk would beat Cardiff and keep us up. Still think he will. I'm not sure Laudrup would've beaten Cardiff. But I'm not sure Laudrup would have got just one point from Palace and West Brom as his record against lesser opposition was quite good.

I think both managers will/would've limped over the line.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 18:13 - Mar 24 with 1886 viewsDrizzle

How about no, he may have picked his games to win, but had a good record against our " peers"
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:00 - Mar 24 with 1801 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nice one Drizzle. Or even 'No - Not his fault. We had loads of injuries and the Board panicked'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:09 - Mar 24 with 1780 viewsYougle

I'm missing the option "Yes - because of alledged unrest behind the scenes" because that would be my guess.

Looking at Monk's results since taking over that is the only logical explanation I can think of.
Wouldn't be the first time Laudrup left under those circumstances either.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:13 - Mar 24 with 1761 viewsGlyn1

I'm a great fan of Laudrup as a manager, but even I think that it's well past time to let it go and move on.

But I do disagree that Laudrup lacks tactical nous - we usually did much better in the second halves because he adjusted the tactics after watching the opposition, which Garry seems to be weak at doing.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:28 - Mar 24 with 1702 viewsSwansNZ

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:13 - Mar 24 by Glyn1

I'm a great fan of Laudrup as a manager, but even I think that it's well past time to let it go and move on.

But I do disagree that Laudrup lacks tactical nous - we usually did much better in the second halves because he adjusted the tactics after watching the opposition, which Garry seems to be weak at doing.

We should have kept Laudrup on as a second half manager, and Monk manage the first half - simple, we'd be world beaters.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:38 - Mar 24 with 1663 viewsJokeren1943

Have keept Laudrup as manager in charge of the gameplan/tactic.

And employed Monk as assistent manager and motivator.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 19:39]
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:45 - Mar 24 with 1643 viewsDarran

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:38 - Mar 24 by Jokeren1943

Have keept Laudrup as manager in charge of the gameplan/tactic.

And employed Monk as assistent manager and motivator.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 19:39]

That's what the plan was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:45 - Mar 24 with 1643 viewsGlyn1

SwansNZ and Jokeren. I like both of those ideas!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:09 - Mar 24 with 1589 viewsSpratty

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:45 - Mar 24 by Darran

Before the rethink

and never never according to a Monk interview
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:16 - Mar 24 with 1567 viewsJackbustard

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:09 - Mar 24 by Spratty

Before the rethink

and never never according to a Monk interview

Laudrup very reluctantly accepted Monk coming in as his number two and other back room changes and left the meeting with Jenkins thinking everything was sorted.

Once certain players found out Jenkins bottled sacking him they went to Jenkins and said they couldnt play for him. Hence the reason why Laudrup left the meeting with Jenkins with everything being fine, it was only after a revolt from certain players that Jenkins sacked him.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:16 - Mar 24 with 1565 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 19:45 - Mar 24 by Darran

Until Laudrup agreed, then the plan was stripped back to its core...oh dear, it's February all over again...

...Why did we have to bring this up again...bloody danes.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:18 - Mar 24 with 1550 viewsJackbustard

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:16 - Mar 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Until Laudrup agreed, then the plan was stripped back to its core...oh dear, it's February all over again...

...Why did we have to bring this up again...bloody danes.

Lets be honest it could turn out to be one of the worse decisions the board has ever made.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:19 - Mar 24 with 1536 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:16 - Mar 24 by Jackbustard

Laudrup very reluctantly accepted Monk coming in as his number two and other back room changes and left the meeting with Jenkins thinking everything was sorted.

Once certain players found out Jenkins bottled sacking him they went to Jenkins and said they couldnt play for him. Hence the reason why Laudrup left the meeting with Jenkins with everything being fine, it was only after a revolt from certain players that Jenkins sacked him.

But what could certain senior players with the chairman's ear possibly gain from Laudrup being sacked? It's not as if one of them would get a job as a Premier League manager before he's even done his badg.....oh, hang on...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:22 - Mar 24 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

If you are right Jackb then our players have our Chairman in their pocket and have bullied him into sacking our manager. Sounds like player power gone crazy. I sincerely hope you were given wrong information.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:25 - Mar 24 with 1494 viewsDarran

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:16 - Mar 24 by Jackbustard

What a load of shit.

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:30 - Mar 24 with 1474 viewsJackbustard

Thats what worried me to be honest and im not going to say I am ITK but i didnt post this at the time as didnt see much point it was done but the person I know told me what was going on even before we lost to West Ham.

Read Monks book its pretty obvious they had Jenkins ear when Sousa was in charge too and the timeline of events Laudrup claimed match exactly what I was told.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:33 - Mar 24 with 1461 viewsJackbustard

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:25 - Mar 24 by Darran

What a load of shit.

Common knowledge which was also confirmed by Laudrup that he met with Jenkins and everything was sorted. He then left that meeting only to be sacked a few hours later. Wonder why?

Doesnt take a genius to read between the lines.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:33 - Mar 24 with 1456 viewsShaky

Pressing the delete button again, are we Dazza?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:34 - Mar 24 with 1446 viewsDarran

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:33 - Mar 24 by Jackbustard

Common knowledge which was also confirmed by Laudrup that he met with Jenkins and everything was sorted. He then left that meeting only to be sacked a few hours later. Wonder why?

So you haven't got any concrete evidence you're just reading between the lines?

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:36 - Mar 24 with 1427 viewsSwansNZ

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:33 - Mar 24 by Jackbustard

Confirmed by Huw Jenkins, was it?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:38 - Mar 24 with 1418 viewsJackbustard

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:34 - Mar 24 by Darran

So you haven't got any concrete evidence you're just reading between the lines?

I was told this had happened the evening he was sacked, people who know me know a few of my mates won a pretty penny as they knew he was getting the boot. The info about the days events came from the same person who told us he had gone and to get money on it.

Everything I was told matches Laudrups recollection of the times lines involved. Makes perfect sense someone intervened after Laudrup and Jenkins had their meeting, if not why didnt he just sack him and be done with it.
Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:38 - Mar 24 with 1414 viewsDarran

Did Laudrup really have to go? on 20:33 - Mar 24 by Shaky

Pressing the delete button again, are we Dazza?

No.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024