Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proof Crossfit is ill though out 21:10 - Mar 26 with 1010 viewspansypants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540945/Kevin-Ogar-injury-CrossFit-athle

I'm sorry for the guy but weights should be done properly. By that I mean you should select a body part to train like legs and stick to it. Not combine it with several other forms of exercise.

Too many over enthusiastic fitness freaks with no prior understanding of training principles looking for quick gains and short cuts.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 21:23 - Mar 26 with 988 viewsItchySphincter

Freak accident Dick, probably within his limits and f#cked up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 21:28 - Mar 26 with 978 viewspansypants

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 21:23 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Freak accident Dick, probably within his limits and f#cked up.

His form was awful

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 23:05 - Mar 26 with 916 viewsmaes

Full body exercises, like squats , deadlifts, cleans, benchpress and overhead press are the way to go as long as good form is practiced.
The human body is meant to be used as a complete system not split into, and exercised as different "parts".

Isolation of muscle groups causes imbalances around joints and leads to injuries.

besides as Mark Rippetoe says "injuries are the price you pay for not sitting on your ass all day"
Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 07:09 - Mar 27 with 871 viewsTheFranchise

It's a fad, it'll pass as the idiots doing it and running it all fall injured.

Highly technical lifts require thousands of reps to make technique perfect and should never be done to failure.

Between my lifting competitions we aimed at hitting at least 600 perfect technical lifts, all with varying percentages of single rep max.
Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 10:11 - Mar 27 with 801 viewspansypants

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 23:05 - Mar 26 by maes

Full body exercises, like squats , deadlifts, cleans, benchpress and overhead press are the way to go as long as good form is practiced.
The human body is meant to be used as a complete system not split into, and exercised as different "parts".

Isolation of muscle groups causes imbalances around joints and leads to injuries.

besides as Mark Rippetoe says "injuries are the price you pay for not sitting on your ass all day"

"The human body is meant to be used as a complete system not split into, and exercised as different parts" -

Sorry mate you are clearly demonstrating a blatant ignorance there which is paramount to why Crossfit is causing so many injuries.

The overtraining that doing Chest, arms, legs and shoulders in one gym visit would cause is obvious by now.

As Franchise says it takes a long time learning technique.

As for the Rippetoe quote I have neve heard such a pathetic quote. Trying to be macho I suppose. *no doubt on steroids*

Rest is as important as the exercise itself.

This is the problem the "no pain no gain" mantra is attracting the uneducated "spice boy" who just thinks he's the business by lifting a weight without fully understanding the technique or theory behind it all.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2014 13:42]

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 11:16 - Mar 27 with 775 viewsBanosswan

Proof Crossfit is ill though out on 10:11 - Mar 27 by pansypants

"The human body is meant to be used as a complete system not split into, and exercised as different parts" -

Sorry mate you are clearly demonstrating a blatant ignorance there which is paramount to why Crossfit is causing so many injuries.

The overtraining that doing Chest, arms, legs and shoulders in one gym visit would cause is obvious by now.

As Franchise says it takes a long time learning technique.

As for the Rippetoe quote I have neve heard such a pathetic quote. Trying to be macho I suppose. *no doubt on steroids*

Rest is as important as the exercise itself.

This is the problem the "no pain no gain" mantra is attracting the uneducated "spice boy" who just thinks he's the business by lifting a weight without fully understanding the technique or theory behind it all.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2014 13:42]

I can't stand crossfit, however I believe that training your whole body each session, rather than concentrating on two or three parts is the way to go. That's not too say you work everything every session, squats one session, deadlift/cleans the next, bench one session, shoulder press the next etc.

Full body movements like squats and cleans are vital, but in structured sets and reps, not stupid how many reps can you do in X amount of time or whatever. Exercises like snatch and overhead squats (unless you're planning on going to the Olympics) should only ever be used with light weights to promote good form and assist your other lifts.

One thing though, if crossfit gets more people exercising, it's still better than them doing nothing.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024