Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 2014-15 21:25 - Mar 27 with 11796 viewsieuan95

Anyone got any news on what the new kit for next season may look like. This season we were poorly informed on the details and were rewarded with a poor generic adidas kit. I really hope adidas can come up with something better for next season,

New kit 2014-15 on 21:40 - Mar 27 with 9397 viewsGram2086

I suppose it will depend on whether or not the club screw up the sponsorship negotiations as they did last year leading to the hastily produced and truly awful shirts of this season. Hopefully we won't have to have the appalling hieroglyphics that currently deface the shirt and which look like they were designed by some halfwit with a brief to knock something up in the next half hour. Come to think of it isn't that exactly what happened?
New kit 2014-15 on 22:15 - Mar 27 with 9322 viewsicecoldjack

Yes , the wonderful move to pay off 32red for a "major partner who will be tied into the stadium expension" and then end up with last ditch deal paying not much more than we were getting before but with a horrific looking logo was a master stroke from our board.

I loved the kit launch with no kit to sell as well,another classic.

As long as the shirt turns up on time and you are able to buy one for Xmas then im not too fussed who ends up on the front or what it looks like, i will buy it anyway as i try to support financially the best i can towards our club .

Isnt our Addidas deal over with ??

We missed a trick with Laudrup by not using Hummel IMO, that would have been a good money spinner for the club in Denmark and a trip down memory lane for the fans .
New kit 2014-15 on 22:17 - Mar 27 with 9318 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The only thing that concerns may be about me years kit is whether or not it has Premier league badges on it.

predictive text nightmare
[Post edited 27 Mar 2014 22:31]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New kit 2014-15 on 22:21 - Mar 27 with 9295 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 22:15 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

Yes , the wonderful move to pay off 32red for a "major partner who will be tied into the stadium expension" and then end up with last ditch deal paying not much more than we were getting before but with a horrific looking logo was a master stroke from our board.

I loved the kit launch with no kit to sell as well,another classic.

As long as the shirt turns up on time and you are able to buy one for Xmas then im not too fussed who ends up on the front or what it looks like, i will buy it anyway as i try to support financially the best i can towards our club .

Isnt our Addidas deal over with ??

We missed a trick with Laudrup by not using Hummel IMO, that would have been a good money spinner for the club in Denmark and a trip down memory lane for the fans .

You're a very negative fan Icey there's no doubting that.
You're very much like Scouce and I can't help wondering if it's frustration at not being able to go to games.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New kit 2014-15 on 22:35 - Mar 27 with 9246 viewsjaf69

New kit 2014-15 on 21:40 - Mar 27 by Gram2086

I suppose it will depend on whether or not the club screw up the sponsorship negotiations as they did last year leading to the hastily produced and truly awful shirts of this season. Hopefully we won't have to have the appalling hieroglyphics that currently deface the shirt and which look like they were designed by some halfwit with a brief to knock something up in the next half hour. Come to think of it isn't that exactly what happened?

I thought the gwfx logo actually looks quite cool.
New kit 2014-15 on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 9222 viewscupidstunt

The away kit is split half red one side and half black the other.
New kit 2014-15 on 23:04 - Mar 27 with 9171 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 22:21 - Mar 27 by Darran

You're very much like Scouce and I can't help wondering if it's frustration at not being able to go to games.

Just a realist thats all Darren,i know the party line on Planet Swans is only to push certain agendas like the bullshit you posted about laudrup not having any of the players phone numbers or wanting them etc,etc .

So as for Negative there arnt many worse than you .

PS
Thanks for removing my ban by the way .

PPS

hmm,Not being able to attend games eh ? considering im in other parts of the world 50% of the time i get to around half the home games ,the odd away trip and of course this season witnessed the swans in europe .

Not bad eh ? i'll be there for the Villa game and Newcastle away ,would you like my handshake as proof ? i can tell you what really goes on with the club then and not the propaganda bullshit your fed all the time :)
New kit 2014-15 on 23:06 - Mar 27 with 9163 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 22:45 - Mar 27 by cupidstunt

The away kit is split half red one side and half black the other.

Does that mean its only going to be half lucky ??

Better check with Tan on how lucky a half red strip is, gota be 50% surely ?
Login to get fewer ads

New kit 2014-15 on 23:15 - Mar 27 with 9147 viewsNewhousemustscore

New kit 2014-15 on 22:21 - Mar 27 by Darran

I don't know about any previous posts but icey's comments don't sound negative. They are spot on as the club did mess up the kit launch and the sponsorship.
New kit 2014-15 on 23:15 - Mar 27 with 9147 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 23:04 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

Just a realist thats all Darren,i know the party line on Planet Swans is only to push certain agendas like the bullshit you posted about laudrup not having any of the players phone numbers or wanting them etc,etc .

So as for Negative there arnt many worse than you .

PS
Thanks for removing my ban by the way .

PPS

hmm,Not being able to attend games eh ? considering im in other parts of the world 50% of the time i get to around half the home games ,the odd away trip and of course this season witnessed the swans in europe .

Not bad eh ? i'll be there for the Villa game and Newcastle away ,would you like my handshake as proof ? i can tell you what really goes on with the club then and not the propaganda bullshit your fed all the time :)

One thing I'm not is negative and what I said is 100% true.

There's no party line on here,well not from me anyway,if we don't win on Saturday we're in deep shit and I definitely don't want Monk as manager.

You're very very negative about Swansea City here and on other forums.

New kit 2014-15 on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 8955 viewscaerleon_jack

Not sure how long the Adidas deal is/was for, but if we're still with them then we will invariably end up with something similar to the current Wales kits. Almost all 2014 kits released so far by Adidas have a similar template, and a variety of different collar styles. Almost all have segment of material across the back of the shoulders that is different to the rest of the shirt and a line running along the bottom of it. On most kits this line is a contrast colour - sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks naff. We had Chrissy Coleman in school the other day chatting to the kids and he brought in a signed shirt for the PE dept. If our new kit does turn out to be the same template then it's nice quality.

Insert something witty here

New kit 2014-15 on 11:02 - Mar 28 with 8944 viewsairedale

New kit 2014-15 on 23:06 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

Does that mean its only going to be half lucky ??

Better check with Tan on how lucky a half red strip is, gota be 50% surely ?

If it is I hope its the 2nd half.
New kit 2014-15 on 11:12 - Mar 28 with 8925 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I absolutely love this seasons away kit, think it will go down as a classic in years to come.

New kit 2014-15 on 11:42 - Mar 28 with 8881 viewsPegojack

New kit 2014-15 on 11:12 - Mar 28 by Jack_y_Jwc

I absolutely love this seasons away kit, think it will go down as a classic in years to come.

Following on from this season's Cadbury's Curly Whirly away kit, could we have another Cadbury themed shirt for next season?

Double Decker would be my preference, at once a tasteful dusky orange design harking back to previous seasons in the sixties and a tribute to the old Vetch Double Decker stand, from whence I first started watching the Swans.
New kit 2014-15 on 11:43 - Mar 28 with 8879 viewspencoedjack

New kit 2014-15 on 11:12 - Mar 28 by Jack_y_Jwc

I think it is truly awful ..... but your right, it will become a classic like the as bad orange gulf kit.

Liked the OP mock up of kit without the checkered back ground .....

Anyone remember the black & white hoop kit worn in Terry Connor days, with DP sponsor ? Think it might of been a 3rd kit.
New kit 2014-15 on 13:03 - Mar 28 with 8768 viewsMattG

New kit 2014-15 on 23:15 - Mar 27 by Newhousemustscore

I don't know about any previous posts but icey's comments don't sound negative. They are spot on as the club did mess up the kit launch and the sponsorship.

What really happened with the sponsorship? My memory was that we bought out the 32Red deal ready to enable another sponsor to come on board but that fell apart at the last minute. We then managed to pick up a 1-year deal with GWFX to keep us ticking over.

Has either the identity of the mystery sponsor or the reason the deal fell apart ever been made public?

If the GWFX deal is (as I recall) just for this season, any pointers on who we have lined up for next year?
New kit 2014-15 on 13:10 - Mar 28 with 8743 viewsscottishjack

New kit 2014-15 on 13:03 - Mar 28 by MattG

What really happened with the sponsorship? My memory was that we bought out the 32Red deal ready to enable another sponsor to come on board but that fell apart at the last minute. We then managed to pick up a 1-year deal with GWFX to keep us ticking over.

Has either the identity of the mystery sponsor or the reason the deal fell apart ever been made public?

If the GWFX deal is (as I recall) just for this season, any pointers on who we have lined up for next year?

"Visit Malaysia"
New kit 2014-15 on 13:45 - Mar 28 with 8674 viewscaerleon_jack

New kit 2014-15 on 13:03 - Mar 28 by MattG

Rumour I heard was it was LG and they weren't happy with us sending Ki out on loan.

Could be a load of bull though.

New kit 2014-15 on 13:49 - Mar 28 with 8663 viewsNorthernJack

If you ask me I think this years home kit isn't up to much, I don't mind the away kit but I'm really not a fan of the generic Adidas template that is given out to quite a few premier league teams. If we do stay with Adidas next year I hope they provide us with something that is unique to us. Does anyone know when the contract with Adidas runs out?
New kit 2014-15 on 13:50 - Mar 28 with 8658 viewsMagic_Michu

Oh! I do love a good kit thread.

It must be that time of year again.

Someone knock up some good designs and send them to the club.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

New kit 2014-15 on 13:55 - Mar 28 with 8648 viewscaerleon_jack

New kit 2014-15 on 13:49 - Mar 28 by NorthernJack

If you ask me I think this years home kit isn't up to much, I don't mind the away kit but I'm really not a fan of the generic Adidas template that is given out to quite a few premier league teams. If we do stay with Adidas next year I hope they provide us with something that is unique to us. Does anyone know when the contract with Adidas runs out?

No offence but why would Adidas give us a kit unique to us? They don't really do it for their big teams (Spain/Real Madrid/Chelsea/Bayern) have the same templates usually just with a fancier material. The current Chelsea home kit is the same template as ours, but because they've used blue for 99% of the panels it looks different.

New kit 2014-15 on 14:30 - Mar 28 with 8595 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 23:15 - Mar 27 by Darran

One thing I'm not is negative and what I said is 100% true.

There's no party line on here,well not from me anyway,if we don't win on Saturday we're in deep shit and I definitely don't want Monk as manager.

You're very very negative about Swansea City here and on other forums.

What you said was 100% wrong Darren,we went through it all at the time,you were posting negative anti-Laudrup threads as per the PS agenda and it was proved wrong when Pablo said he had a text off Laudrup to wish him well .

Go and check the thread and the press stories RE the interview Pablo did.

Anyway...

Agree about Monk, decent potential but years too soon for him,will do well being part of the fabric of the club and cutting his teeth first .

RE the major investment in stadia and sponsership from a "major company" it all went silent and we ended up with a stop gap sponser instead.

Ive heard certain things surrounding Ki ,him obviously being a link in terms of marketability i guess and it all fits when you consider the factor of Ki's 20 starts a season contract,which would have been a guarentee of certain exposure,it also would explain many things between Laudrup and Jenkins and Ki's apparent big time charlie attitude .

Regarding the shirts i thought it was a three year deal which ended this season,if it is then things are quiet on the potential possibilities with regards new kit suppliers,maybe alot of things are on hold until prem status is lost or secured ?

Far easier to negotiate with us being in the prem league without doubt.

Sorry if thats too negative for Darren, but as a true Jack and a long term sufferer of failiure and shite football it pays to keep feet on the ground and look at all the angles positive and negative regarding the club.

I neither get too upbeat or too downbeat but sometimes the sticking the head in the sand approach isnt good for anyone, there have been issues raised these last few months which have been well debated on here and elsewhere, IMO the club pushed the panic button too early and its a button that will cost them £4,5m quid with an etra 500k for monk .

Onwards and upwards we go,the sooner we get a few wins the sooner we can look back and learn from the mistakes.
New kit 2014-15 on 22:06 - Mar 28 with 8360 viewsyescomeon

New kit 2014-15 on 22:35 - Mar 27 by jaf69

I thought the gwfx logo actually looks quite cool.

Same

Upthecity!

New kit 2014-15 on 22:21 - Mar 28 with 8328 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 14:30 - Mar 28 by icecoldjack

What you said was 100% wrong Darren,we went through it all at the time,you were posting negative anti-Laudrup threads as per the PS agenda and it was proved wrong when Pablo said he had a text off Laudrup to wish him well .

Go and check the thread and the press stories RE the interview Pablo did.

Anyway...

Agree about Monk, decent potential but years too soon for him,will do well being part of the fabric of the club and cutting his teeth first .

RE the major investment in stadia and sponsership from a "major company" it all went silent and we ended up with a stop gap sponser instead.

Ive heard certain things surrounding Ki ,him obviously being a link in terms of marketability i guess and it all fits when you consider the factor of Ki's 20 starts a season contract,which would have been a guarentee of certain exposure,it also would explain many things between Laudrup and Jenkins and Ki's apparent big time charlie attitude .

Regarding the shirts i thought it was a three year deal which ended this season,if it is then things are quiet on the potential possibilities with regards new kit suppliers,maybe alot of things are on hold until prem status is lost or secured ?

Far easier to negotiate with us being in the prem league without doubt.

Sorry if thats too negative for Darren, but as a true Jack and a long term sufferer of failiure and shite football it pays to keep feet on the ground and look at all the angles positive and negative regarding the club.

I neither get too upbeat or too downbeat but sometimes the sticking the head in the sand approach isnt good for anyone, there have been issues raised these last few months which have been well debated on here and elsewhere, IMO the club pushed the panic button too early and its a button that will cost them £4,5m quid with an etra 500k for monk .

Onwards and upwards we go,the sooner we get a few wins the sooner we can look back and learn from the mistakes.

Proved wrong because he texted one player yeah ok.

So you're a long term sufferer of failure and shite football eh? When was this again?

Oh and as for being too negative for me or Planetswans come to that it isn't about me and it doesn't alter the fact that you're very negative when it comes down to the Swans.

New kit 2014-15 on 23:45 - Mar 28 with 8266 viewsAl_Bundy

We should have a retro Bergoni kit.... that will make us unique!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024