Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcelo Bielsa 17:41 - Mar 29 with 7860 viewssnork44

Just heard on Radio Wales that he is the favourite for the managers job next season!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:08 - Mar 29 with 1936 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:04 - Mar 29 by Darran

He's got MTJ scouting.

I thought he was a bit old for all that dib dib dob dob stuff these days? :)

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:09 - Mar 29 with 1932 viewsDarran

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:08 - Mar 29 by NeiltheTaylor

I thought he was a bit old for all that dib dib dob dob stuff these days? :)

He needs his scouting badge.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:12 - Mar 29 with 1908 viewsHighjack

Marcelo Bielsa on 22:09 - Mar 29 by Darran

He needs his scouting badge.

He needs to get more use out of his woggle from what I've heard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Marcelo Bielsa on 00:40 - Mar 30 with 1826 viewsdameedna

Marcelo Bielsa on 20:59 - Mar 29 by FearOfAJackPlanet

A big factor for any new manager coming in would be Garry Monk.

It's very much cards on the table that GM will not hesitate to undermine the manager/look after the best interests of the club (delete as appropriate) if he feels things aren't going the way he feels is best - we saw it with Sousa, we saw it with Laudrup. Any new manager will have to have it in his mind - where does Monk fit in, can he trust him? What role would Monk play under a manager brought in from outside the club? Would HJ insist he's the assistant, would any manager coming in have to agree to groom Monk as his successor? Is a manager worth his salt going to agree to this?

I think the club will give it to Monk full-time and maybe bring in an experienced 'technical director' or something like that to oversee recruitment/give advice to Monk.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2014 21:00]

Not going to fit in, Marcelo that is, enough on here understanding what Huw wants this time round, having expended a few million on removing Laudrup at the Board's expense and lined Monk's pocket to the tune of a good few hundred Ks after tax.

For me, Huw is looking to keep Monk in the job and build a model like getting Brian Kidd or Graeme Jones in to assist. Plenty of those around and the Board and Trust may get a good look on next year's transfers.

Not a bad strategy and Monk will have to build a network though at moment the lure of the Premiership is probably just about enough to get some more quality in (only 3 or 4 signings).
Marcelo Bielsa on 00:48 - Mar 30 with 1818 viewswaynekerr55

Well Dineen can get us to sign Emnes and then boast on Twitter about it being the deal of the decade

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Marcelo Bielsa on 02:47 - Mar 30 with 1788 viewsWarwickHunt

Marcelo Bielsa on 00:48 - Mar 30 by waynekerr55

Well Dineen can get us to sign Emnes and then boast on Twitter about it being the deal of the decade

How much did they pay us?
Marcelo Bielsa on 08:38 - Mar 30 with 1727 viewsdgt73

Marcelo Bielsa on 18:30 - Mar 29 by WarwickHunt

Presumably you didn't see Bilbao royally take the piss out of SAF's Yernahtid at OT, Dan?

One of the best club performances I've ever seen.

I agree. Fantastic performance.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:26 - Mar 30 with 1692 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Bielsa would be a fantastic appointment and would probably be prepared to keep Monk as Coach.
He is a strict tactician and spends hours on tactics and detail.
Monk would learn a lot from him.

I would be happy with this
Login to get fewer ads

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:41 - Mar 30 with 1675 viewsJackoBoostardo

Not the best managerial career though at Athletic Bilbao though (38% win rate as manager). And 51% as Chilean coach.

Still, he is experienced and could certainly provide some form of assistant role to Monk. Wouldn't see this as a manager though that Huw would work with too well (his nickname is Madman Bielsa FFS!).

Next!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:59 - Mar 30 with 1653 viewsicecoldjack

Marcelo Bielsa on 20:59 - Mar 29 by FearOfAJackPlanet

A big factor for any new manager coming in would be Garry Monk.

It's very much cards on the table that GM will not hesitate to undermine the manager/look after the best interests of the club (delete as appropriate) if he feels things aren't going the way he feels is best - we saw it with Sousa, we saw it with Laudrup. Any new manager will have to have it in his mind - where does Monk fit in, can he trust him? What role would Monk play under a manager brought in from outside the club? Would HJ insist he's the assistant, would any manager coming in have to agree to groom Monk as his successor? Is a manager worth his salt going to agree to this?

I think the club will give it to Monk full-time and maybe bring in an experienced 'technical director' or something like that to oversee recruitment/give advice to Monk.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2014 21:00]

Bang on the money fella .
Marcelo Bielsa on 10:03 - Mar 30 with 1640 viewsperchrockjack

Bielsa as overall head but Monk as his number 2. It would work.

We need to improve the depth of the squad for next season especially if we retain our status.
Williams could go so a new captain might be first call to make.

There will be massive pressure to keep Wilf but I believe we must resist this unless we re talking stupid money but this fella could really improve and God only knows what he could do to defences.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marcelo Bielsa on 12:30 - Mar 30 with 1567 viewsoldcob

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:26 - Mar 30 by TenkosBlondeWig

Bielsa would be a fantastic appointment and would probably be prepared to keep Monk as Coach.
He is a strict tactician and spends hours on tactics and detail.
Monk would learn a lot from him.

I would be happy with this

That would be ideal.
Marcelo Bielsa on 12:59 - Mar 30 with 1537 viewsblaine_scfc

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:41 - Mar 30 by JackoBoostardo

Not the best managerial career though at Athletic Bilbao though (38% win rate as manager). And 51% as Chilean coach.

Still, he is experienced and could certainly provide some form of assistant role to Monk. Wouldn't see this as a manager though that Huw would work with too well (his nickname is Madman Bielsa FFS!).

Next!

Why would someone like Bielsa come in and work under Garry Monk? Never in a million years would that happen.

Personally think he'd do well for us, but as others have said, couldn't see Huw having someone of his character here, not sure Monk would either which unfortunately is something we have to take in to consideration when/if we appoint someone else for the job.
Marcelo Bielsa on 13:43 - Mar 30 with 1504 viewsScoobyWho

Marcelo Bielsa on 18:34 - Mar 29 by Darran

Huw and Marcelo,it'll end in a nasty divorce.

Maybe Huw should leave his ego in the office and broaden his outlook on what is best for SCFC if thats the case as you suggest. Because if Huw (again) is going to fall out with managers maybe he should get some education in understanding others or step down if his own self interest is clouding his ability to communicate and get on with others.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Marcelo Bielsa on 13:46 - Mar 30 with 1494 viewsScoobyWho

Marcelo Bielsa on 09:41 - Mar 30 by JackoBoostardo

Next!

Monk isn't capable to manage or coach a premier league side.
Let alone have an international coach as number 2.
GM needs to step down at the end of the season, concentrate on getting qualified, continue to professionally develop his skills base then work towards management.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024