Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players are the problem 10:13 - Apr 15 with 6709 viewsmagicdaps10

Whoever comes in as our new manager and I hope and prey its as Swansea City a premier club has one hell of a job not only on the field of play but of it too.

Its quite obvious that the players have a massive problem with something and don't seem to be pulling all in the same direction. I think some players have to be let go, possibly players we don't want to go and we have to rebuild the squad.

Seems that this Spanish divide that many have decided to ignore or not believe on this board is rife within the camp. Seems like that the club has got into the premier league attitude in regards to the players, if they go down then what do I care, I will just move on to another premier league club.

This year has been worrying and still is but next year could be so much worse unless the right decisions are made in the summer and hopefully with us still a premier league club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The players are the problem on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 1010 viewstomdickharry

The players are the problem on 10:27 - Apr 15 by magicdaps10

There is been unrest about the divide of Spanish and other players even when Laudrup was here. Think Laudrup's relaxed approach has got a lot to answer for it and he has left a lot of problems behind him that the club have now got to deal with and that seems to be a lot of inflated ego's on the training pitch.

This is why we have to bring in a manager with no airs and graces who wants to make his mark in the game and not another ego ala Biesla.

Got to be a strong personality and at present the only one I think is perfect for us is Uwe Rosler.

Show the evidence that Bielsa is "ego" he is a bloody good manager though.
The players are the problem on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 994 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well said Spratty. You have saved me sh!t loads of keyboard time as I agree with everything you say.
If something comes up to show that ML has done something horrendous I would certainly back down and say the Board were right. I suspect you would do the same although I would not second guess you.
Unfortunately no evidence of wrong doing is forthcoming just an apparent willingness to pay ML compensation.
I believe however we should now keep quiet now and support the team in the hope we can stay up. However I cannot resist responding when I hear comments that it is ML's fault when the known facts or stats just do not back it up.
I also suspect the same apologists for the Board will still be saying it is ML's fault even if we go down!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 9:04]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The players are the problem on 09:09 - Apr 16 with 984 viewsZut_Alors

Yes, players can be difficult and the cause upsets among the squad. However, managing, disciplining — including shipping them out if needs be — and above all, making sure that off-field issues don't affect the team's performance on the pitch remains the responsibility of the management.
The players are the problem on 09:12 - Apr 16 with 979 viewsScoobyWho

The players are the problem on 02:15 - Apr 16 by Liberty

Its sort of called, you have been drinking too much.

Yes thats right, or maybe I had finished my shift at work and you didn't like my answer ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The players are the problem on 12:20 - Apr 16 with 942 viewsJackFish

The players are the problem on 01:24 - Apr 16 by Spratty

Results have actually been worse and on like for like matches with last year significantly worse in relation to PL points lost.

Would you not expect them to be significantly better with a fully fit team and 50% less fixture density now out of Europa and FA Cup?

They have indeed been worse on a match-to-match basis, but unless you had a good deal of confidence in Laudrup engineering 5 points from Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H) and Everton (A) like we did last season then I don't think that's a very fair comparison.

24 points from 24 games under Laudrup and 9 from 10 under Monk, very little difference.

You'll have to explain what you mean about us having 50% less fixture density as well, because I have no idea what you're on about.
The players are the problem on 13:19 - Apr 16 with 917 viewsharemscarem

The players are the problem on 09:02 - Apr 16 by Private_Partz

Well said Spratty. You have saved me sh!t loads of keyboard time as I agree with everything you say.
If something comes up to show that ML has done something horrendous I would certainly back down and say the Board were right. I suspect you would do the same although I would not second guess you.
Unfortunately no evidence of wrong doing is forthcoming just an apparent willingness to pay ML compensation.
I believe however we should now keep quiet now and support the team in the hope we can stay up. However I cannot resist responding when I hear comments that it is ML's fault when the known facts or stats just do not back it up.
I also suspect the same apologists for the Board will still be saying it is ML's fault even if we go down!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 9:04]

This!

The players are the problem on 13:21 - Apr 16 with 914 viewsharemscarem

The players are the problem on 12:20 - Apr 16 by JackFish

They have indeed been worse on a match-to-match basis, but unless you had a good deal of confidence in Laudrup engineering 5 points from Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H) and Everton (A) like we did last season then I don't think that's a very fair comparison.

24 points from 24 games under Laudrup and 9 from 10 under Monk, very little difference.

You'll have to explain what you mean about us having 50% less fixture density as well, because I have no idea what you're on about.

That's when You compare to ML most difficult period with the team. Anyway Swansea was never so low in the league under Laudrup, and were still in two cups, and then there was the first year with Laudrup...

The players are the problem on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 893 viewsJackFish

But our form had been the same for a whole year, averaging a point a game since the cup final. We may "never have been so low in the league", but after the West Ham game we were four points above the bottom three, and at kick off against Cardiff we were actually outside by a point.
Login to get fewer ads

The players are the problem on 13:58 - Apr 16 with 888 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The players are the problem on 13:47 - Apr 16 by JackFish

But our form had been the same for a whole year, averaging a point a game since the cup final. We may "never have been so low in the league", but after the West Ham game we were four points above the bottom three, and at kick off against Cardiff we were actually outside by a point.

Plus the teams we are now playing have improved and are not just taking point s off of us.
You can't compare teams pre January and pre new Managers with those after those events.
The players are the problem on 14:07 - Apr 16 with 884 viewsLeonisGod

The players are the problem on 13:21 - Apr 16 by haremscarem

That's when You compare to ML most difficult period with the team. Anyway Swansea was never so low in the league under Laudrup, and were still in two cups, and then there was the first year with Laudrup...

Strictly speaking we were closer to the drop under Laudrup. 2 points as opposed to whatever it is now, and our relative goal difference to those below us has improved too. But we're splitting hairs, there's very little in it in terms of PL results this season. So you could equally turn it around and say that a rookie manager with no experience, with a team he inherited that is low on confidence, is doing just as well as Laudrup was. Maybe that suggests that Laudrup wasn't quite the answer after all?
The players are the problem on 17:52 - Apr 16 with 835 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 09:09 - Apr 16 by Zut_Alors

Yes, players can be difficult and the cause upsets among the squad. However, managing, disciplining — including shipping them out if needs be — and above all, making sure that off-field issues don't affect the team's performance on the pitch remains the responsibility of the management.

The thing is the Manager cannot ship out players without the Boards consent. They are the only ones with the authority to carry out the transfer.

ML's manager(and believe me I am no fan) despite being accused of trying to sell Ash behind the Board's back, in reality could only investigate the potential for a deal. It is fairly clear the board were not willing for that deal to go ahead.

Similarly with Monk, Huw wanted him as part of the first team management structure ML clearly did not unless he was forced. So ML hands were tied regardless of the fact he had made clear upfront that he wanted no interference with his job. If the Bord were not happy with this they should not have hired him nor renewed his contract.

Ash was not leading on the pitch I saw that time and time again myself. Interestingly I am not seeing much of a change under Monk, still shouts at others and blames them for his own mistakes. Great player Ash has been for us, Monk was a better Captain.

I feel if Ash and Monk were or still are removed from the equation equilibrium will be largely restored. Unfortunately further damage has been done by appointing a faction leader.
The players are the problem on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 823 viewsLeonisGod

The players are the problem on 17:52 - Apr 16 by Spratty

The thing is the Manager cannot ship out players without the Boards consent. They are the only ones with the authority to carry out the transfer.

ML's manager(and believe me I am no fan) despite being accused of trying to sell Ash behind the Board's back, in reality could only investigate the potential for a deal. It is fairly clear the board were not willing for that deal to go ahead.

Similarly with Monk, Huw wanted him as part of the first team management structure ML clearly did not unless he was forced. So ML hands were tied regardless of the fact he had made clear upfront that he wanted no interference with his job. If the Bord were not happy with this they should not have hired him nor renewed his contract.

Ash was not leading on the pitch I saw that time and time again myself. Interestingly I am not seeing much of a change under Monk, still shouts at others and blames them for his own mistakes. Great player Ash has been for us, Monk was a better Captain.

I feel if Ash and Monk were or still are removed from the equation equilibrium will be largely restored. Unfortunately further damage has been done by appointing a faction leader.

ML knew he had to work with the board's direction on backroom staff when he was appointed, so you're just making stuff up.

As did Brendan before him
And Souza before him
And probably Roberto and Kenny before them
The players are the problem on 18:39 - Apr 16 with 806 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 14:07 - Apr 16 by LeonisGod

Strictly speaking we were closer to the drop under Laudrup. 2 points as opposed to whatever it is now, and our relative goal difference to those below us has improved too. But we're splitting hairs, there's very little in it in terms of PL results this season. So you could equally turn it around and say that a rookie manager with no experience, with a team he inherited that is low on confidence, is doing just as well as Laudrup was. Maybe that suggests that Laudrup wasn't quite the answer after all?

Correct if:

We measure our quality by the sh1tness of other teams

We think think the quality of the opposition makes no difference to our chances of winning.
On like for like with last year ML achieving at 96% of the PL poin.ts, GM at 60% quite a major difference.
But ML also ahead on straight points per game, and points for the reverse fixtures this year.

We think having ongoing major key injuries (including both Bony and Michu together for one period) is the same as having a fully fit squad.

We think having 50% more fixtures in the same period and extensive European travel has no impact on player recouperation / preparation / and fitness.

We do not count staying in the Europa or FA Cup as an achievement nor count the games won for that.

We do not value tactical experience or astuteness or the ability to recruit and maintain skilled and VFM players. etc. etc.

So if the question was do we want an unqualified and inexperienced manager Laudrup certainly wasn't the answer.

If the question was who is best to take our team forward next year. Laudrup may or may not have been the answer depending on will from both sides and resolving issues.

If the question is who should we let finish this year, save putting our team at higher risk of relegation and not cost our club Millions in compo - Laudrup is your answer.
The players are the problem on 18:50 - Apr 16 with 795 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 18:03 - Apr 16 by LeonisGod

ML knew he had to work with the board's direction on backroom staff when he was appointed, so you're just making stuff up.

As did Brendan before him
And Souza before him
And probably Roberto and Kenny before them

No you are making things up, I never mentioned backroom staff!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are accusing me of making stuff up please privide evidence and source of what you say just so we know you are not making more up than me mentioning backroom staff.
The players are the problem on 18:56 - Apr 16 with 787 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 18:50 - Apr 16 by Spratty

No you are making things up, I never mentioned backroom staff!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are accusing me of making stuff up please privide evidence and source of what you say just so we know you are not making more up than me mentioning backroom staff.

You know exactly what he's saying and this is getting seriously f*cking boring now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The players are the problem on 18:56 - Apr 16 with 762 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 13:47 - Apr 16 by JackFish

There we are Monk had dropped us 3 points on relegation whilst in charge without even playing a game, definitely the managers fault and an objective measure of achievement.

Which is why I don't rely on it as a measure or refer to it even though we were 12th when ML left.
The players are the problem on 18:59 - Apr 16 with 749 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 18:56 - Apr 16 by Darran

You know exactly what he's saying and this is getting seriously f*cking boring now.

Now you know how it feels having you as a mod then
The players are the problem on 19:05 - Apr 16 with 742 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 18:59 - Apr 16 by Spratty

Now you know how it feels having you as a mod then

You are depressing the site and I am being asked by a multitude of posters to ban you,have a day off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The players are the problem on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 724 viewslibertine

Hygge Spratty hygge,

am i missing something here is this forum a free speech/opinion site, i don't know what to think about the mess we find ourselves in.

But i do notice a lot of what ML did with the players as being twisted, eg the no more than 3 spanish players being allowed to group, well that was to stop the animosity between different nationalities from growing it was there already and he wanted to contain it.

The paris trip that is still mentioned but never actually happened, the personal fitness training (not the tactical training) isn't this part of the players own job ?

Ml new what he was facing with the europa cup and wanted extra men to be bought in hes publically said this the men were not brought in. So why blame him if we didn't buy the players that he sent to us.

We need to stop believing the hype this guy ML he is a legend like it or not its true, we badly disrespected him, i'd buy a car of him if i had any money hes trustworthy and honourable.

I like him and he made my life happier last year, we all liked him last year!!
The players are the problem on 19:43 - Apr 16 with 712 viewsIAN05

The players are the problem on 19:32 - Apr 16 by libertine

Hygge Spratty hygge,

am i missing something here is this forum a free speech/opinion site, i don't know what to think about the mess we find ourselves in.

But i do notice a lot of what ML did with the players as being twisted, eg the no more than 3 spanish players being allowed to group, well that was to stop the animosity between different nationalities from growing it was there already and he wanted to contain it.

The paris trip that is still mentioned but never actually happened, the personal fitness training (not the tactical training) isn't this part of the players own job ?

Ml new what he was facing with the europa cup and wanted extra men to be bought in hes publically said this the men were not brought in. So why blame him if we didn't buy the players that he sent to us.

We need to stop believing the hype this guy ML he is a legend like it or not its true, we badly disrespected him, i'd buy a car of him if i had any money hes trustworthy and honourable.

Dear dear. The last two paragraph are amongst the most ridiculous and nauseating things ive read for a long time.
The players are the problem on 19:48 - Apr 16 with 706 viewsStarsky

The players are the problem on 19:32 - Apr 16 by libertine

Hygge Spratty hygge,

"the personal fitness training (not the tactical training) isn't this part of the players own job ?"
Did you really just write that???

It's just the internet, init.

The players are the problem on 19:54 - Apr 16 with 701 viewsJackInLondon

The players are the problem on 21:23 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

How many times have you seen a manager sacked by email two hours after he was told to in person carry on and shook hands on it?

I'm guessing the two are not unrelated. Call it a hunch...

Have to agree with that. Whatever the rights and wrongs of how things were going under him and whether he had to go, it was handled very badly by our club and I'm not proud of the way they went about things.
The players are the problem on 19:57 - Apr 16 with 700 viewswaynekerr55

The players are the problem on 19:48 - Apr 16 by Starsky

"the personal fitness training (not the tactical training) isn't this part of the players own job ?"
Did you really just write that???

If it was the players own job then why were we paying Oscar Garcia (probably) in excess of 80k a year then as "fitness coach"...?

I think he did write that Starksy...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The players are the problem on 20:05 - Apr 16 with 691 viewslibertine

The players are the problem on 19:43 - Apr 16 by IAN05

Dear dear. The last two paragraph are amongst the most ridiculous and nauseating things ive read for a long time.

I said part of the players own responsibility (i think)

Are you telling me that you didn't like the guys coolness last year when we were winning, then dislike it this year.
The players are the problem on 20:09 - Apr 16 with 682 viewsStarsky

The players are the problem on 20:05 - Apr 16 by libertine

I said part of the players own responsibility (i think)

Are you telling me that you didn't like the guys coolness last year when we were winning, then dislike it this year.

I thought he was being cool. Turned out he was just being 'not bothered'.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024