Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the Bright Spark 14:55 - Apr 25 with 1196 viewsNogginthenog

That decided to put screens on the approach to the Asda roundabout in Llansamlet. Where there was once free flowing traffic now we have tailbacks. Beggars belief. You sometimes wonder if there is a hidden agenda to wind people up.
Who's the Bright Spark on 14:57 - Apr 25 with 1184 viewsDarran

They've been there for months,you couldn't make it up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who's the Bright Spark on 14:58 - Apr 25 with 1179 viewsJackfath

Cut down in accidents massively apparently.

Whilst I agree it's a pain in the arse they do enforce people to stop and check if the road ahead is clear. I expect them to pop up all over Swansea in the coming years.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who's the Bright Spark on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 1172 viewsDarran

Who's the Bright Spark on 14:58 - Apr 25 by Jackfath

Whilst I agree it's a pain in the arse they do enforce people to stop and check if the road ahead is clear. I expect them to pop up all over Swansea in the coming years.

They should plant pretty flowers instead.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-set-bloom-wildflower-scheme/stor

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who's the Bright Spark on 15:04 - Apr 25 with 1166 viewsJackfath

Who's the Bright Spark on 15:01 - Apr 25 by Darran

They should plant pretty flowers instead.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-set-bloom-wildflower-scheme/stor

hahahaha

What a con that is.

Spin it to say how lovely everyone thinks it is. Dont let on of the HUGE cutbacks made in the parks department and there is no other alternative other than to get someone to throw a few seeds in and leave to nature.

Bring back the floral clock in Victoria Park.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who's the Bright Spark on 15:11 - Apr 25 with 1143 viewsBanosswan

The whole point of roundabouts as opposed to traffic lights is to keep traffic flowing. These boards stop that, so may as well put a stop sign there instead. Ridiculous things, if you can't use a roundabout properly/safely, then you shouldn't be driving.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Who's the Bright Spark on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 1125 viewsDyfnant

Who's the Bright Spark on 14:58 - Apr 25 by Jackfath

Roundabouts were designed to keep traffic flowing, a good driver should rarely need to actually stop. As I've said previously, this council love traffic lights and this is a cheap substitute

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Who's the Bright Spark on 20:35 - Apr 25 with 995 viewsplannerjack

This system was installed at the Cwmbwrla roundabout years ago, as this was an accident hot spot. It was installed at Llansamlet around Christmas/New Year's Day time.

They are not intended to 'enforce people to stop and check if the road ahead is clear' but are designed to prohibit your view of traffic on the roundabout until you reach a point where the car in front of you has already entered the roundabout.

Therefore, it removes the possibility of shunting the car in front, if you are concentrating on searching for a gap in the roundabout traffic and drive forward anticipating such a gap only to find that the car in front hasn't.

I suspect that most people tend to look at roundabout traffic even when they are only second in the queue to enter the roundabout. I know I do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024