Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Station 09:31 - May 2 with 10026 views1jack

Is it now time for the club to seriously look at putting a small railway station near the ground. Several times since we've been at the liberty I have walked from high street and got bloody soaked. I would use this for every game and obviously there are others that would, the infrastructure is there and I believe it would cost around £1 million. Anyone else think this should happen?
Station on 19:32 - May 2 with 1211 viewsjunior_jack

Station on 19:25 - May 2 by Dyfnant

Even better as there's plenty of empty land there, all we need then is the club to buy the social club and start earning cash pre match

There would be no need to buy the social club, the railway has road access to the railway behind the club. Parking wouldn't be allowed but it's not required either.
Station on 20:22 - May 2 with 1178 viewsEdmundo

The figure quoted at a recent ( 2012), swansea transport forum was £5m, that seemed to me to be extreme, but i,ve more experience in roads and motorways, so what do I know!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Station on 20:50 - May 2 with 1159 viewstomdickharry

Station on 19:20 - May 2 by junior_jack

It's on the South Wales Mainline, all trains go through it. Personally I don't think that the old Landore station would be the best solution if one were to be built. They would never allow a train to block up a junction while fans pour on and off. For me the real solution is Landore Social club. There is an old sidings which could be re-opened and accommodate scheduled trains on match days.

Two posters who work in the railway business say its a non starter yet those posters who don't are full of brilliant ideas saying it can,amazing.
Here's one to throw in the pot what happens to the shiny new Landore halt if we were relegated to the Championship and god forbid to League 1,the need for a halt would diminish as gates drop,next thing we know a study into the viability of keeping the halt open and so on.
I am sure we all would like to see added transport links to the Liberty,rail just won't be one of them.
Station on 20:56 - May 2 with 1154 viewsScoobyWho

Sadly the club have done very little at the liberty in nearly 8 years, one of their few failings along with poor customer service they have made. No vision when it comes to growth, too inward looking and parochial.

I for one have heard enough of expansion plans, extra seats etc. They are making themselves look silly on this subject. Lost a real opportunity had they been braver a few years back. Fourth season in the PL, it just shows how bad they have handled this.

As for a train station? That would drive Huw over the edge if he had to make a decision on that or even be involved in it.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 20:58]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Station on 21:15 - May 2 with 1133 viewsChief

cant they replace that pointless station at Llansamlet and re-open this far more practical station?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Station on 21:21 - May 2 with 1127 viewsDyfnant

Station on 20:50 - May 2 by tomdickharry

Two posters who work in the railway business say its a non starter yet those posters who don't are full of brilliant ideas saying it can,amazing.
Here's one to throw in the pot what happens to the shiny new Landore halt if we were relegated to the Championship and god forbid to League 1,the need for a halt would diminish as gates drop,next thing we know a study into the viability of keeping the halt open and so on.
I am sure we all would like to see added transport links to the Liberty,rail just won't be one of them.

Who says I don't work in the rail industry? These posters that do could be brushing the floors for all you know, I certainly find it extremely unlikely anyone working locally will have any realistic idea regarding costs and ANYTHING is possible where there's the demand. You carry on though, happy for 10 times more money to be spunked away on bypasses and the like

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Station on 21:23 - May 2 with 1125 viewsDyfnant

Station on 21:15 - May 2 by Chief

cant they replace that pointless station at Llansamlet and re-open this far more practical station?

No. There's timetables and all sorts to consider don't you know

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Station on 21:30 - May 2 with 1116 viewsjunior_jack

Station on 21:21 - May 2 by Dyfnant

Who says I don't work in the rail industry? These posters that do could be brushing the floors for all you know, I certainly find it extremely unlikely anyone working locally will have any realistic idea regarding costs and ANYTHING is possible where there's the demand. You carry on though, happy for 10 times more money to be spunked away on bypasses and the like

I've had the same brush for 14 years, it has only had 4 new handles and 7 new heads.
Login to get fewer ads

Station on 21:33 - May 2 with 1111 viewsNeath_Jack

Station on 20:50 - May 2 by tomdickharry

No offence to those that work on the railway, but big f*cking deal. Are you telling me you have to work on a railway to know anything about their construction?

If they can build a poxy little station, at a backwater such as Baglan, which is on the main line from Swansea to Paddington, they can build one in Landore.

How much has that poxy boulevard cost?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024