Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need any more be said? 16:41 - May 6 with 5117 viewsNOTRAC

Thirteen league games.
Won 3. Drew3. Lost7
Sack.
Thirteen league games
Won4.drew3 Lost 6
Half a million bonus.
Two year contract.
The first is Laudrups previous results before he got the sacked.
The latter is Gary Monk's results since he got the job.
Need any more be said.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Need any more be said? on 19:32 - May 6 with 1019 viewstomdickharry

Need any more be said? on 19:26 - May 6 by Catullus

I would expect he'll be under continuous assessments.
The time to sack him will be as obvious as it was for Laudrup.
So no fixed time frame, that wouldn't be fair.

Garry Monk's black and white army.

Wrong, the obvious time to sack Laudrup was last summer and our board didn't.
Need any more be said? on 19:58 - May 6 with 993 viewsCatullus

Need any more be said? on 19:32 - May 6 by tomdickharry

Wrong, the obvious time to sack Laudrup was last summer and our board didn't.

What, having finished in a comfortable position and won our first major trophy?

No, he deserved another season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Need any more be said? on 20:12 - May 6 with 967 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Need any more be said? on 19:58 - May 6 by Catullus

What, having finished in a comfortable position and won our first major trophy?

No, he deserved another season.

No Catullus I think TDH means when Bayram started his troublemaking ML should have been told to sack him or be sacked.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Need any more be said? on 20:17 - May 6 with 958 viewslibertine

why would you want to sack ML last year that makes no sense at all.

something has obviously gone wrong off the field.

I don't think that people want our gary to fail thats not it at all!

whats happened is people are worried by the performances thats all, do you think the conversation would be going on in palace ? No! because the performances have been good under pulis.

People are not convinced by his ability especially tactically, i've spoken to so many people about this and there is no one who wants him to fail, they just think he will because of his lack of experience. He needs more time seems to be the general thought.

I have mixed opinions and would love him to succeed, so lets get behind him and support the man!
Need any more be said? on 20:27 - May 6 with 946 viewstomdickharry

Need any more be said? on 20:17 - May 6 by libertine

whats happened is people are worried by the performances thats all, do you think the conversation would be going on in palace ? No! because the performances have been good under pulis.

People are not convinced by his ability especially tactically, i've spoken to so many people about this and there is no one who wants him to fail, they just think he will because of his lack of experience. He needs more time seems to be the general thought.

I have mixed opinions and would love him to succeed, so lets get behind him and support the man!

That is spot on
Need any more be said? on 20:48 - May 6 with 923 viewsTrundle10

Need any more be said? on 20:17 - May 6 by libertine

I agree, it does not meet universal approval. The people I sit by in the East think it is a mistake too as do most Jacks i have spoken to face to face about the impending appointment. I can categorically state i have heard no one wishing him to fail though. Um, nonplussed by the appointment yes, but ultimately i think everyone is behind him and Swansea, but not the actual appointment. It is a massive gamble based on not a lot of results.
[Post edited 6 May 2014 21:03]
Need any more be said? on 20:53 - May 6 with 916 viewsJackfath

Need any more be said? on 20:48 - May 6 by Trundle10

I agree, it does not meet universal approval. The people I sit by in the East think it is a mistake too as do most Jacks i have spoken to face to face about the impending appointment. I can categorically state i have heard no one wishing him to fail though. Um, nonplussed by the appointment yes, but ultimately i think everyone is behind him and Swansea, but not the actual appointment. It is a massive gamble based on not a lot of results.
[Post edited 6 May 2014 21:03]

Isn't every new appointment a gamble?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Need any more be said? on 20:58 - May 6 with 909 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Need any more be said? on 20:53 - May 6 by Jackfath

It is down my surgery

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Need any more be said? on 21:01 - May 6 with 902 viewsTrundle10

Need any more be said? on 20:53 - May 6 by Jackfath

see my response on your thread. He has had a trial period and based on this i would prefer someone else get it.
Need any more be said? on 21:12 - May 6 with 868 viewsChief

I think its really sad that club legend Garry Monk will probably end up severing ties with Swansea early into the next season due to deficiencies in his managerial skills, when the board will have to bite the bullet and go for someone with more experience and nous.

its not his fault, hes a player. I will back him all the way until the above does happen though. really hope it doesn't.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Need any more be said? on 22:00 - May 6 with 831 viewsbermudajack

Need any more be said? on 21:12 - May 6 by Chief

I think its really sad that club legend Garry Monk will probably end up severing ties with Swansea early into the next season due to deficiencies in his managerial skills, when the board will have to bite the bullet and go for someone with more experience and nous.

its not his fault, hes a player. I will back him all the way until the above does happen though. really hope it doesn't.

I agree

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Need any more be said? on 22:07 - May 6 with 816 viewsLeonisGod

The odds are certainly stacked in that direction based on how many managers get the sack. How many Premiership managers have actually gone on to have success? Not many. And the failures include plenty of big names, very big names in some cases. So what the hell, we might as well try to carry on doing things our way and not feel the need to conform to the expected.

If it's any reassurance, two of the three managers the media have been fawning over this season were brought on by our club. That's Roberto and Brendan. The other being Pulis, who's done a fantastic job at Palace. So you never know. Maybe the club have called it right again?
Need any more be said? on 22:10 - May 6 with 810 viewsChief

Need any more be said? on 22:07 - May 6 by LeonisGod

The odds are certainly stacked in that direction based on how many managers get the sack. How many Premiership managers have actually gone on to have success? Not many. And the failures include plenty of big names, very big names in some cases. So what the hell, we might as well try to carry on doing things our way and not feel the need to conform to the expected.

If it's any reassurance, two of the three managers the media have been fawning over this season were brought on by our club. That's Roberto and Brendan. The other being Pulis, who's done a fantastic job at Palace. So you never know. Maybe the club have called it right again?

I hope so, the board rarely get things wrong.

But ante has upped considerably.

Need any more be said? on 22:27 - May 6 with 797 viewsdulaisjack

what is wrong with gary monk as manager, he has lifted moral, players look a lot more happier and all speak highly of him, how many players came out and said they missed laudrup, we need a bit of stability laudrup always had us over a barrel the football under him at the end was dysmal, hull spurs, i wish gary monk all the best myself and my two boys will support him all the way, its not all ways about big name managers everyone has to start somewere , if these moaners had followed the swans from the bad days they would not be hear moaning, but then they probably have never been further than the liberty and probably not even been there. Gary Monks Black and White Army
Need any more be said? on 22:29 - May 6 with 794 viewsChief

Need any more be said? on 22:27 - May 6 by dulaisjack

what is wrong with gary monk as manager, he has lifted moral, players look a lot more happier and all speak highly of him, how many players came out and said they missed laudrup, we need a bit of stability laudrup always had us over a barrel the football under him at the end was dysmal, hull spurs, i wish gary monk all the best myself and my two boys will support him all the way, its not all ways about big name managers everyone has to start somewere , if these moaners had followed the swans from the bad days they would not be hear moaning, but then they probably have never been further than the liberty and probably not even been there. Gary Monks Black and White Army

the fact that I was there in the bad days explains my pessimism.

I remember Nick Cusack

Need any more be said? on 22:34 - May 6 with 770 viewsLeonisGod

Need any more be said? on 22:27 - May 6 by dulaisjack

The only thing that bugs me is the way we have folded in a few games. Performances on the whole are better than they were under Laudrup this season, but they are not as good as they were under Laudrup at times last season. We've improved, but we haven't hit the "wow, did I just see that" levels that we've got used to in recent seasons. Maybe that's asking too much though.

I agree he's worth a shout. And yep, watching Laudrup's team this year was the first time I have been bored at a Swans match since the sousa days. We were awful at times. That's gone now (largely because I'm chewing my nails knowing we're going to throw it away!).
Need any more be said? on 07:46 - May 7 with 726 viewsdameedna

Need any more be said? on 17:01 - May 6 by RogueTrooper

I think the performances were lacklustre, with the exception of the Valencia win and knocking Man U out of the cup, it did appear that ML had basically put his feet up after the cup win and was waiting for a nice offer to come along, I may be getting the totally wrong impression, but if you take the two derby games as a barometer, there was a marked improvement. The Agent shenannigans pre season were'nt the ideal start to a season either.
At the end of the day, we stayed up, had a respectable first run in the Europa League and have a manager who has the clubs interests as a priority.

ML was fantastic for us last year and I wish he had continued that after the cup win, but he didn't, I don't know why, but there was definitely a downward trend, and if the board hadn't intervened, we may be in the same boat as Cardiff right now. But we are where we are and should let GM crack on, if, next season it's not working out, I'll be the first to say that he blew his chance and get someone else in.

who knows what might have been if he had offered a 5 year commitment to work with the club from the roots up,
an inspiration maybe but one we could not keep.
I hope he finds his dream project which I suspect is as an international manager or Real Madrid
Need any more be said? on 07:54 - May 7 with 714 viewsAnotherJohn

The story behind the statistics seems to be that on-field performances are fairly similar, especially as Laudrup had to contend with teams nearer the top and deal with injuries. If Monk gets the job, I'll support him, but I'm worried about next season. People talk about the 2-0 loss at West Ham as the nadir, but I thought our performances against Palace, West Brom, Hull (awful) and Southampton were just as bad. West Ham are on the up and Spurs were just as bad as us in losing there last week.
Need any more be said? on 08:48 - May 7 with 676 viewsraynor94

Here's a novel idea, why not wait and see who he brings in your this summer, before we condem him to the scrap heap. But reading your post you are convinced he's doomed to failure already, oh and what did you think of the martinez appointment?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Need any more be said? on 08:54 - May 7 with 675 viewsPrivate_Partz

We have been inconsistent all season.
I feel that under ML it was due to unprecedented injuries and a tough European programme coupled with a decent cup run.
Under GM it is because he has been out thought by more experienced managers.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Need any more be said? on 09:19 - May 7 with 649 viewsmonmouth

Need any more be said? on 08:48 - May 7 by raynor94

Here's a novel idea, why not wait and see who he brings in your this summer, before we condem him to the scrap heap. But reading your post you are convinced he's doomed to failure already, oh and what did you think of the martinez appointment?

The 'See how clever I am, I was right' knives are being honed to a fine edge. Clasey can use his now if he wants, because he's already been right.

As far as Monk goes, it's 50/50 isn't it? I can't help thinking that the Board painted themselves into a corner in the way the whole thing has been handled. I'm hoping that at least it's a corner they wanted to be painted into. Despite my fears for him personally (have you seen how tired his eyes are, and this will be enormously stressful for a novice). I think that that very work ethic and determination whilst not trying to firefight might just surprise everyone. Fingers crossed anyway. I'll pin my colours to the mast. I reckon he'll make it.
(and I couldn't give a toss in terms of scoring points against people I don't know - and in many cases wouldn't want to - if I'm right or wrong.)

Whether that looks better in the end than an alternative external appointment we'll never know, but both approaches are risky and the board are (now) rewarded on the basis of managing those risks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Need any more be said? on 09:26 - May 7 with 639 viewscockneyswan

Need any more be said? on 17:01 - May 6 by RogueTrooper

I think the performances were lacklustre, with the exception of the Valencia win and knocking Man U out of the cup, it did appear that ML had basically put his feet up after the cup win and was waiting for a nice offer to come along, I may be getting the totally wrong impression, but if you take the two derby games as a barometer, there was a marked improvement. The Agent shenannigans pre season were'nt the ideal start to a season either.
At the end of the day, we stayed up, had a respectable first run in the Europa League and have a manager who has the clubs interests as a priority.

ML was fantastic for us last year and I wish he had continued that after the cup win, but he didn't, I don't know why, but there was definitely a downward trend, and if the board hadn't intervened, we may be in the same boat as Cardiff right now. But we are where we are and should let GM crack on, if, next season it's not working out, I'll be the first to say that he blew his chance and get someone else in.

Good Post, no more to say really.
Need any more be said? on 09:35 - May 7 with 627 viewsPrivate_Partz

There was not a downward trend when ML was sacked. In fact performances were improving. We lost Michu for almost a full season, unprecedented injuries and two good cup runs took their toll. I very much doubt ML was sacked because of results as it just does not stack up. There may be very good reasons but we are not privy to them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Need any more be said? on 09:39 - May 7 with 622 viewsCooperman

Need any more be said? on 08:54 - May 7 by Private_Partz

We have been inconsistent all season.
I feel that under ML it was due to unprecedented injuries and a tough European programme coupled with a decent cup run.
Under GM it is because he has been out thought by more experienced managers.

This is how it works in a league situation. The teams around 8th to 14th place can only be classed as inconsistent and unless they win a high % of games they won't be anything else.

Someone has to finish 12th and I hope its us.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Need any more be said? on 10:17 - May 7 with 590 viewsCatullus

Need any more be said? on 20:12 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

No Catullus I think TDH means when Bayram started his troublemaking ML should have been told to sack him or be sacked.

No mate, you missed the intended irony. At the time jenkins was happy, Laudrup said everything was ok. We had to believe it.
If it turned out to not be right, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But last summer was not the obvious time to sack Laudrup.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024