Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused 13:45 - May 19 with 3039 viewsswanny

I have an Iphone and an Ipod....I put all my music onto my laptop and it was synched to my Iphone - great. Then my laptop died so I started using another old laptop belonging to my late father in law which also has an Itunes library with some of his stuff in. Subsequently I also put some stuff in his Itunes library, which is now not on my Ipod.
I also have a kindle which has all the music I have ever purchased from Amazon downloaded on to it via the Amazon Cloud, plus some stuff that I've copied over from my old laptop.
I have no music on my Iphone at all (except some stuff that I think I stole from my husbands Icloud )
I now appear to have different music everywhere...although some of it might be duplicated, some might be unique to one particular device. Is there a way of copying from one device to another without overwriting stuff that might already be there (I have a feeling that if I Sync between the devices I might lose stuff).
I possibly need a spreadsheet and a Project Manager, but any advice would be useful. I started out just wanting to customise my Iphone ringtone, then became embroiled in this whole quagmire of technology...

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 13:54 - May 19 with 3020 viewsBaker

Piece of piss!

If dangling your boobsters over it hasn't already worked, position yourself approximately 24 inches away from the iPod, adopt the 'downward dog' yoga position, remove bra, knee length skirt and curlers (if they're in) and proceed to open and close blouse whilst barking NSYNC's wonderful first single "I want you back" at the top of your voice in a gruff Scottish accent and you should be good to go.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 14:35 - May 19 with 2991 viewsswanny

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 13:54 - May 19 by Baker

Piece of piss!

If dangling your boobsters over it hasn't already worked, position yourself approximately 24 inches away from the iPod, adopt the 'downward dog' yoga position, remove bra, knee length skirt and curlers (if they're in) and proceed to open and close blouse whilst barking NSYNC's wonderful first single "I want you back" at the top of your voice in a gruff Scottish accent and you should be good to go.

I don't know any NSYNC songs, is there an alternative I could try?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 14:45 - May 19 with 2978 viewsShaky

How to offload your iTunes library to a NAS

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/12/how-to-offload-your-itunes-library-to-a-nas

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 15:34 - May 19 with 2950 viewsswanny

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 14:45 - May 19 by Shaky

How to offload your iTunes library to a NAS

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/12/how-to-offload-your-itunes-library-to-a-nas

That's me out of mischief for the rest of the summer then...

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 19:09 - May 19 with 2893 viewsShaky

techie help required Iphone/ICloud/Amazon Cloud.......confused on 15:34 - May 19 by swanny

That's me out of mischief for the rest of the summer then...

Think of this as a blessing in disguise.

I have no relevant experience of Apple Macs but for me on Windows iTunes easily ranks as one of the two worst pieces of shit software I have ever encountered.

In addition I believe there are good reasons to be very cautious entrusting your music to Apple's cloud servers, even if it has been acquired totally legitimately. There are plenty of horror stories going around.

Try to extract everything onto some sort of local hard disk, then ditch iTunes in favour of the Media Monkey music player which supports synching with Apple devices, then back it all up to Google Drive, Drop Box, Box, etc, etc. There are plenty of options available for cloud storage, especially if all your music is in mp3 format.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024