Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random irritations.. 09:32 - Jun 10 with 399866 viewsDiscodroid

state funded schools in birmingham calling children to islamic prayer over the playground speakers, eschewing music lessons music, segregation... and the bbc doing a 'what are british values 'phone in this morning. cunnys.

evening standard , who seem to be phasing out their female genital mutilation wall to wall coverage , for a 'say no to rape in war' campaign. to be published in depth every night,, along with pictures of skinny london supermodels falling out of night clubson cocaine and articles on womens shoes and hanbags which cost £15,000 each.

and articles on 'suuuper property dahrling' that cost £25 million for a studio flat in barnes .tedious double page spreads on walthamstow village , sandwiches that are made by freegans for £50...and avante garde homosexual dance troops from slovienia .this paper says nothing at all to the average londoner.

musicals , and the cast's of musicals, especially amateur ones in church halls,romford, last saturday night.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 12:29]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Random irritations.. on 20:12 - Mar 4 with 2439 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Random irritations.. on 16:24 - Jan 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Was at the gym earlier and a right plum reminded me of a random irritation: blokes who admire themselves in the gym!

However, of all the gyms I've been in around the world, I've never seen anyone do what this bloke did. He went to a corner where two huge mirrors are at 90 degrees to each other, and then took his top off to spend a couple of minutes admiring himself.

The bellend had legs like matchsticks and has a bit to go before losing his Xmas timber. To round off his utter self-knobbery...the tvvat was wearing a baseball cap back to front too.

Also the ladies/gents making TikTok videos in the gym who then get upset when you have the 'temerity' to walk in front of their camera/phone. It's a public space; if you want no one else in the shot then do that shit at home.
Random irritations.. on 20:26 - Mar 4 with 2397 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Random irritations.. on 11:08 - Jan 25 by Juzzie

I don't get it either but it's keeping me in a job (albeit it's burning me out at the same time).

I think if you have the right set up it sounds great but I have two kids, a cat and a 7 month old batshit crazy yorkshire terrier.
No way am I setting up all that kind of kit at home. So, Alexa, my pair of Sonos One speakers in my office room and a Tannoy Soundbase I can bluetooth from in the living room does me fine. No LP or CD player, no amps, no wires all over the place.
Probably the same for the vast majority of music listeners.

Vinyl is stll a niche market. I could be working on a project for 3 months then when we come to place the manufacturing order, it's "1,200 copies please".
That's it? And that's not just for the UK (UK could take 500), that's globally.
1,200 copies for months of (usually aggravated) work and that's one LP, I'm currently working on around 70 LP formats at the moment.

[Post edited 25 Jan 11:12]

I recently bit the bullet and sold my 20-year-old hi-fi separates system in favour of a pair of Bluetooth speakers. I was astonished how much I made for my old gear.
Random irritations.. on 20:28 - Mar 4 with 2395 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Unnecessarily convoluted automated telephone menu systems. Just put me through already.
Random irritations.. on 20:35 - Mar 4 with 2382 viewsloftupper

Random irritations.. on 20:28 - Mar 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Unnecessarily convoluted automated telephone menu systems. Just put me through already.

Feel sorry for anyone who has to work in a call centre.

Automate that sh*t already!

Then use that money saved to spend more on the automated system to make it usable
Random irritations.. on 08:52 - Mar 5 with 2262 viewsBluce_Ree

Random irritations.. on 20:12 - Mar 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Also the ladies/gents making TikTok videos in the gym who then get upset when you have the 'temerity' to walk in front of their camera/phone. It's a public space; if you want no one else in the shot then do that shit at home.

The gym isn't the giggle it once was. When I was training a lot in the 90s as a skinny kid with long hair, it took a while to get accepted in the gym by the regulars but when they saw the effort me and my mate were putting in, the big dudes there were happy to give advice and whatever. And any girls there were training hardcore so it was all good.

Now it's all cameras and airpods, so no-one speaks and we're all just extras in your social media feed. Shite.

And there's a TV above the leg press. So when I'm trying to get my rest in I can't even look over there if there's a woman there in case someone thinks you're literally Fred West or something.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Random irritations.. on 09:06 - Mar 5 with 2234 viewsPunteR

Passwords, to get into everything online.
I now get sent one time codes to my phone to get into places i have the passwords for, and then ive got to tell them that im an actual human being.
Fk this shit!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Random irritations.. on 09:10 - Mar 5 with 2225 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Everything to do with the US presidential election. Two years of utter, utter bollix!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Random irritations.. on 09:25 - Mar 5 with 2192 viewsjohann28

Apps. Specifically those that you are obliged to download because you want to go to a gig somewhere. The latest one I had to get was one called Dice, which seems to have fkd up my device and so has pssd me off no end. They say it's for 'greater security', but I'm betting someone's making money somewhere and I bet it's not the artists.
Login to get fewer ads

Random irritations.. on 09:36 - Mar 5 with 2169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a supermarket near me with a huge car park to the side. Out front there's a zebra crossing to a school. Every morning parents will park on the approaches to the zebra crossing, blocking all vision of the schoolkids as they start to cross, their kids hop out into live traffic, and the parents put the hazard lights on (because that makes your car invisible) pop into the supermarket for a take-away coffee (because there's no kettle at home) hop back into their SUV's, simles and waves and drive off.
Car Park practically empty.

Every morning.
How are their kids still alive?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Random irritations.. on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 2150 viewsWatford_Ranger

Random irritations.. on 09:36 - Mar 5 by BrianMcCarthy

There's a supermarket near me with a huge car park to the side. Out front there's a zebra crossing to a school. Every morning parents will park on the approaches to the zebra crossing, blocking all vision of the schoolkids as they start to cross, their kids hop out into live traffic, and the parents put the hazard lights on (because that makes your car invisible) pop into the supermarket for a take-away coffee (because there's no kettle at home) hop back into their SUV's, simles and waves and drive off.
Car Park practically empty.

Every morning.
How are their kids still alive?

Hazard lights for anyone who just stops their car for any random reason annoys me.

As does misuse of the word ‘random’.

These things didn’t annoy me in my 20s :(
Random irritations.. on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 2132 viewsTheChef

Random irritations.. on 09:53 - Mar 5 by Watford_Ranger

Hazard lights for anyone who just stops their car for any random reason annoys me.

I'd rather they put on hazard lights than not indicate at all!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Random irritations.. on 15:14 - Mar 5 with 1972 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Random irritations.. on 09:06 - Mar 5 by PunteR

I now get sent one time codes to my phone to get into places i have the passwords for, and then ive got to tell them that im an actual human being.
Fk this shit!

Yes, and it's nearly always traffic lights and bicycles.

I'm all for securing systems but it has gone a little overboard with 2/3 step verification, one time codes, and anti-robot patterns. Fair enough if I'm accessing online banking but regular email or websites? Really?

I once got caught in a vicious circle that left me unable to access any of my email accounts. Each one in turn asked me to verify myself by responding to an email sent to the other.
Random irritations.. on 15:25 - Mar 5 with 1952 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The one that always makes me laugh is when folk illegally parked switch on their hazard lights to avoid a PCN. Surely, that's a lighthouse for traffic wardens?
Random irritations.. on 16:05 - Mar 5 with 1881 viewsJuzzie

Random irritations.. on 15:25 - Mar 5 by Benny_the_Ball

The one that always makes me laugh is when folk illegally parked switch on their hazard lights to avoid a PCN. Surely, that's a lighthouse for traffic wardens?

What makes me laugh more is that people seem to think their hazard lights somehow absolve them of the law.
Random irritations.. on 16:55 - Mar 5 with 1794 viewsstevec

Random irritations.. on 09:06 - Mar 5 by PunteR

Fk this shit!

Drives me insane.

And for what? The majority of these are things where I pay the bill. What are they worried about, someone hacking in and paying the gas bill for me?
Random irritations.. on 01:16 - Mar 6 with 1656 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Random irritations.. on 16:55 - Mar 5 by stevec

Drives me insane.

And for what? The majority of these are things where I pay the bill. What are they worried about, someone hacking in and paying the gas bill for me?

Orright, I won't bother paying it then!

Just moving on from the passwords thing, sites that don't have a single 'Reject All' option. Itself surpassed by sites where you've already stated your preferences, and who annoyingly ask you again, and again, and again in the hope you erroneously hit 'Accept All' whereupon you'll never get asked again.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Random irritations.. on 17:38 - Mar 6 with 1491 viewsBluce_Ree

The online security thing is because SOME PEOPLE ARE TOO DUMB TO LIVE.

The reason we have scammers is that we have idiots. They reckon it's actually a design choice of sorts that scam emails are so obvious. It's because that email might hit a million people and if one person is dumb enough to fall for it, they're more likely to follow through with actually sending money etc. They don't want to make the scam emails look too realistic because if smart people fall for the initial pitch, they'll eventually figure it out.

The reason banks have so many layers of security is that thick old people would otherwise be flinging money at crooks all the time.

Random irritations.. on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 1436 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Random irritations.. on 17:38 - Mar 6 by Bluce_Ree

The online security thing is because SOME PEOPLE ARE TOO DUMB TO LIVE.

The reason we have scammers is that we have idiots. They reckon it's actually a design choice of sorts that scam emails are so obvious. It's because that email might hit a million people and if one person is dumb enough to fall for it, they're more likely to follow through with actually sending money etc. They don't want to make the scam emails look too realistic because if smart people fall for the initial pitch, they'll eventually figure it out.

The reason banks have so many layers of security is that thick old people would otherwise be flinging money at crooks all the time.

I think most, if not all, would agree that complex verification for online banking is a sound and practical measure. What folk on here are talking about is complicated access to basic websites such as email or forums.

With respect to scam emails, this is a separate conversation to passwords. Having multiple verification steps to access your email account won't stop a scammer sending you an email. It also won't prevent the user clicking on said email; unless, of course, the user is unable to access their own account in the first place by virtue of complicated access protocols!
Random irritations.. on 20:40 - Mar 6 with 1362 viewsDorse

Random irritations.. on 18:19 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

I think most, if not all, would agree that complex verification for online banking is a sound and practical measure. What folk on here are talking about is complicated access to basic websites such as email or forums.

With respect to scam emails, this is a separate conversation to passwords. Having multiple verification steps to access your email account won't stop a scammer sending you an email. It also won't prevent the user clicking on said email; unless, of course, the user is unable to access their own account in the first place by virtue of complicated access protocols!

You're going to hate when Clive adds a DNA-based log in system, with 9-step verification which includes references to pages 9, 25, 72, 86 and 102 of the Frankie Thread.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Random irritations.. on 13:23 - Mar 7 with 1279 viewsjohann28

Couldn't stop myself jumping up and down during the last ten minutes of the game last night, to the extent that some guy behind got very stroppy with me and not so politely told me to sit down (which i did). At the end of the game i apologised for being so exciteable, offered my hand in peace and was told to fk off. No wonder the country's fkd.
Random irritations.. on 13:32 - Mar 7 with 1252 viewsBluce_Ree

Random irritations.. on 13:23 - Mar 7 by johann28

Couldn't stop myself jumping up and down during the last ten minutes of the game last night, to the extent that some guy behind got very stroppy with me and not so politely told me to sit down (which i did). At the end of the game i apologised for being so exciteable, offered my hand in peace and was told to fk off. No wonder the country's fkd.

There is a certain type of dickhead who gets weirdly upset about that.

A few years ago I was in Spain and I met a TV repair guy who was coming to do some work at the villa I was staying at. Anyway, I'm nice to everyone in real life so that's all good. Anyway, he didn't shut up like at all. It's like he's a comedy sketch character or something, like it was weird how hyper he was, and he's kind of patronising me about this TV shit, which I didn't care about. I had to correct him a couple of times on things and whatever, but I was polite.

Anyway, he then flips out a few minutes later saying that I'd been nothing but rude to him (I proper wasn't) so I stepped over and said I didn't have any problem with him and went to shake his hand and he went absolutely mental, shouting his head off as he walked out and was shouting 'I'M GUNNA KILL HIM' as he went to his van.

He had a heart attack later the same year. Tw@t.

Random irritations.. on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 1148 viewsMick_S

Random irritations.. on 13:23 - Mar 7 by johann28

I’ve had that, too. Your new friend got it badly wrong on two occasions last night. What a gentleman.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Random irritations.. on 11:48 - Mar 9 with 962 viewskernowhoop

Yes. What do modern people mean when they say 'that's random', Watford? Any idea? I would like to be able to understand.
Random irritations.. on 14:30 - Mar 9 with 878 viewsSonofpugwash

An epidemic of scam phone calls telling me that unauthorised payments have been made from my bank account/card.....all from callers with Asian accents.
I always respond with "I'll find you.I know how to find people and when I do I'm going to reach into your chest,pull out your heart and show it to you just before you die"
Of course there is always the possibility that it's genuine....

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Random irritations.. on 14:32 - Mar 9 with 877 viewsMick_S

Joggers that use zebra crossings.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024