Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
little spats 07:11 - Jul 2 with 5362 viewsowainglyndwr

Has anyone heard of some players not liking Ash being cocky and a bit of a bully with players one of which was Ben.
little spats on 14:12 - Jul 3 with 1183 viewsItchySphincter

little spats on 13:56 - Jul 3 by ymaohyd

Ashley Williams has been a magnificent player for the Swans, a superb signing and in my opinion is a club legend, along with Tatey, Garry Monk, Leon, Rangel and Nathan Dyer of those who are still at the club.

In my opinion though he has handled this whole situation very badly. He has shown a complete lack of foresight in employing this Jamie Moralee as his agent. He is club captain and of course Captain of Wales.

Considering those positions of responsibility he should either tell Moralee to shut the fuc* up or get someone who acts with a bit of class.

The club hierarchy have no time for Moralee whatsoever and it has led to this stand off. Agents have a conflict of interests. Move a player on and it's happy days financially.

The club should reward Ash for what he has done for the club and his status at the club. I hope they have done that.

If they have and Ash seems to be acting with a lack of intelligence in not keeping this Moralee on a verbal leash and still looking for more, then I agree with those that say he can leave the club as soon as.

Moralee works for the player so how can it be a conflict of interests? In simple terms it's the opposite - the club has legal its representation and the player has his, which he has every right to and would be stupid not to. Both sides are obliged to look after the interests of their clients whilst achieving middle ground and if it can't be done the player moves on. The dynamic works just fine and I doubt the club have any problem whatsoever with Moralee.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

little spats on 14:24 - Jul 3 with 1174 viewsJACKARSE

little spats on 14:12 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Moralee works for the player so how can it be a conflict of interests? In simple terms it's the opposite - the club has legal its representation and the player has his, which he has every right to and would be stupid not to. Both sides are obliged to look after the interests of their clients whilst achieving middle ground and if it can't be done the player moves on. The dynamic works just fine and I doubt the club have any problem whatsoever with Moralee.

Agents are a necessary evil unfortunately but there are ways and means and you can act with a bit of decorum ...... 'multi-millionaire Ashley Williams needs a big pay day in order to support his 3rd child' .... what a load of bollux .... talk behind the scenes FFS.....
little spats on 14:29 - Jul 3 with 1154 viewsMattG

little spats on 14:24 - Jul 3 by JACKARSE

Agents are a necessary evil unfortunately but there are ways and means and you can act with a bit of decorum ...... 'multi-millionaire Ashley Williams needs a big pay day in order to support his 3rd child' .... what a load of bollux .... talk behind the scenes FFS.....

Agents are not a "necessary evil", IMO.

Why can't the PFA or an equivalent body draw up a standard contract with blanks for the length of contract, weekly wage and any signing on fee / other bonuses which could be used for all players?

Agents are leeches, nothing more.
little spats on 14:31 - Jul 3 with 1145 viewsDarran

little spats on 14:29 - Jul 3 by MattG

Why can't the PFA or an equivalent body draw up a standard contract with blanks for the length of contract, weekly wage and any signing on fee / other bonuses which could be used for all players?

I agree it baffles me why they're needed so much surely Williams is able to tell the board what he's looking for?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

little spats on 14:34 - Jul 3 with 1135 viewsItchySphincter

little spats on 14:24 - Jul 3 by JACKARSE

Probably says as much about the Evening Post as it does about the parties involved? Everyone loves a soundbite. But in essence you are correct.

little spats on 14:36 - Jul 3 with 1131 viewsItchySphincter

little spats on 14:31 - Jul 3 by Darran

I agree it baffles me why they're needed so much surely Williams is able to tell the board what he's looking for?

Leggy never had an agent apparently. Thing is, some players are just thick.

little spats on 14:37 - Jul 3 with 1127 viewsJACKARSE

little spats on 14:29 - Jul 3 by MattG

I agree they are leeches and I am sure there is a standard template clubs use for contracts but added clauses soon make them non standard and individual e.g. must allow a player to talk to a club if they are an interested top 5 club and meet the buy out clause, or maybe a 'biting' clause, or game time or whatever.

The majority of players would then want someone to advise them and talk on their behalf .... funny enough some sort of agent acting for them .... I would prefer if this was a lawyer who acted under a code of practise rather than some wide boy mouthy leech .....
little spats on 20:47 - Jul 3 with 1037 viewsDavillin

I have nothing good to day about sports agents, but to be honest, there are legal matters involved in contracts -- from negotiating them to interpreting them during a conflict -- which require considerable knowledge and legal expertise.

For me, sports agents should be (1) licensed, (2) required to take courses and pass a strict examination to get a license, and (3) lose their license if they get involved outside their legal remit, and limited to that. No second chances!

More important, the Players' Association [I think that's the name] should have their responsibility increased to do the same things a licensed agent would be able to do, under the same circumstances and conditions, for a salary paid by the Association, and not for a percentage taken from the player [or from a club, which is outrageous in my opinion].

To paraphrase one of my favourite posters, "Fv<k'em."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

little spats on 21:05 - Jul 3 with 1020 viewsGrandPrix

Ash must have had a good summer, he looks like someone from the hangover movies

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

little spats on 22:36 - Jul 3 with 974 viewsNewhousemustscore

little spats on 13:32 - Jul 3 by Darran

You've been slagging off Monk and Williams since Laudrup left.
My scoop is in negotiations and they hope he'll be on the plane.

Spot on there. I don't think new contract negotiations have been handled in the best ways, but that's modern football for you. Ashley Williams only cost £400,000 and has served us well, rarely missing a game and often playing when ill or injured, yet many seem to want to have a pop at him all the time. Many fans often shout at players during games yet seem appalled that their captain share their passion and shouts at his players cos they don't pull their weight. We don't see what goes on most of the time and ashley may have a quiet word with them. In all probability Williams did the job that the couldn't care less attitude of laudrup should have been doing. To the guys that said it isn't park football...no it's professional football and it matters more. I got shouted at loads of times and you just man up and get on with it.
little spats on 23:09 - Jul 3 with 938 viewsborinifanclub

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2679505/Ashley-Williams-told-n

looks like Ash is not going anywhere.....that will do for me ..

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

little spats on 23:13 - Jul 3 with 926 viewswaynekerr55

Why not employ a contract lawyer...

O, wait FIFA have made it that agents must be licenced through them. Load of bollocks if you ask me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

little spats on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 823 viewsMattG

little spats on 14:37 - Jul 3 by JACKARSE

I agree they are leeches and I am sure there is a standard template clubs use for contracts but added clauses soon make them non standard and individual e.g. must allow a player to talk to a club if they are an interested top 5 club and meet the buy out clause, or maybe a 'biting' clause, or game time or whatever.

The majority of players would then want someone to advise them and talk on their behalf .... funny enough some sort of agent acting for them .... I would prefer if this was a lawyer who acted under a code of practise rather than some wide boy mouthy leech .....

The thing is that most of those clauses aren't really needed - they are wanted by players because agents tell them they deserve them. Remove the agents, remove the unnecessary clauses.

All immaterial now as Ash has just signed a new 4 year deal :D
little spats on 12:47 - Jul 4 with 812 viewsymaohyd

little spats on 14:12 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

I can assure you that club have a problem with Moralee. I agree that agents are a part of football and play an important part in looking after a players financial well being.

However there is one thing in doing your job and another in being instrumental in trying to move a player on for your own financial gain!!!! - Therefore a conflict of interest - from the clubs point of view.

What on earth do you think happened between HJ and the board and Laudrup's agent?

Have you forgotten about Moralee's behaviour with regards to Neil Taylor and Newcastle?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

little spats on 12:55 - Jul 4 with 804 viewsItchySphincter

Unfortunately it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

What happened re Laudrup's agent and the club has absolutely no bearing on the Moralee situation. He's always had a gob on him whilst having a few of his clients at the club but to my knowledge the club has never banned him. He's just doing what agents do.

little spats on 13:01 - Jul 4 with 759 viewsymaohyd

little spats on 12:55 - Jul 4 by ItchySphincter

Unfortunately it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

What happened re Laudrup's agent and the club has absolutely no bearing on the Moralee situation. He's always had a gob on him whilst having a few of his clients at the club but to my knowledge the club has never banned him. He's just doing what agents do.

Believe what you want in terms of what I know, couldn't care less.

But you'd agree then that agents can have a detrimental affect with regards to their relationship with a club. You contradict yourself...!?

little spats on 13:15 - Jul 4 with 744 viewsItchySphincter

Sorry, don't really want to start to and froing over a largely irrelevant point and in all honesty I don't really understand your question or where I've contradicted myself?

In the case of Moralee there has been no Byram type situation with him to my knowledge. We had similar crap when Sang was here with LT10 - that was the last time I remember the club getting uppity over an agent.

little spats on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 734 viewsymaohyd

little spats on 13:15 - Jul 4 by ItchySphincter

Sorry, don't really want to start to and froing over a largely irrelevant point and in all honesty I don't really understand your question or where I've contradicted myself?

In the case of Moralee there has been no Byram type situation with him to my knowledge. We had similar crap when Sang was here with LT10 - that was the last time I remember the club getting uppity over an agent.

OK.

You come across as pretty arrogant in terms what other people may or not know!

To explain my contradiction point, you stated that the 'Dynamic' with agents works just fine, but then alluded to the fact that there were problems with Laudrup's agent. Therefore there may be potentially a multitude of problems with agents and the 'dynamic' may indeed not work just fine..just saying.

Anyway...as you say irrelevant.

little spats on 13:44 - Jul 4 with 710 viewsItchySphincter

Fair play, I probably am arrogant.

Anyhow's some agents are good, some are not. I think there's a bit of generalising going on and I still don't think there's a problem with Moralee and the club, besides him getting on our tits with all the paper talk.

Good appropriate thread title.

little spats on 13:50 - Jul 4 with 696 viewsymaohyd

little spats on 13:44 - Jul 4 by ItchySphincter

Fair play, I probably am arrogant.

Anyhow's some agents are good, some are not. I think there's a bit of generalising going on and I still don't think there's a problem with Moralee and the club, besides him getting on our tits with all the paper talk.

Good appropriate thread title.

Indeed...Little spats!

little spats on 13:54 - Jul 4 with 687 viewsStarsky

little spats on 13:50 - Jul 4 by ymaohyd

Indeed...Little spats!

Awww...

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024