Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Bony' Lets face facts. 13:57 - Aug 10 with 3545 viewsmorningstar

I know a few have mentioned here about Gomis being a replacement for Bony rather than a partner, but I don't think it's been discussed at any length. The more I think of it the more logical it becomes to me that with Wilfrieds successful season last term, and travelling to the World cup in the summer. The club indeed decided to act quickly and 'replace' him with Gomis.
It was never a case of cover for the African nations cup. Gomis would never have stood for that coming to a small club like Swansea, and being aware of the system we play would certainly have sought reassurances that he would be the N01 striker.
Unfortunately for us, we may have failed to realise that selling a striker for the amount we want for him, could be a little difficult in African nations cup year unless the buying club is Man City or PSG and I'm afraid Bony isn't quite in that class (yet?).
I'm pretty certain that the plan was to sell, and use the money to strengthen other areas and it's all gone wrong. So not only are we forced to accommodate the two of them, we'll probably find that we are severely lacking the finances needed to get real quality in all the areas that we need to.
It's going to be very interesting!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

'Bony' Lets face facts. on 20:24 - Aug 10 with 583 viewsCatullus

'Bony' Lets face facts. on 17:09 - Aug 10 by morningstar

Sorry Monmouth, I actually meant to type "let's face it", but no real need for the pedantic rewriting of the thread title was there?
Whilst I agree with a lot of what youve written. The club knew that this pre season would see a lot of departures from the club and also we are seeing long serving players coming to the end of their shelf live. Therefore I'm quite sure that we intended to cash in on Bony in order to add quality in numbers to other areas. The fact is, we haven't been able to do that now and just 1 week before the start of the season our squad is looking decidedly threadbare. But hey! We have two quality strikers up front don't we?
Please don't get me wrong as I do hope to god that I am so so wrong about this and the plans and tactics are in place. It's just the more I think about it the more I don't think they are and maybe this time we've called it wrong.

Monk has always said only a huge offer would land Bony, so I think you are wrong there.
I think both will get plenty of game time. Either through rotation, subs or starting tigether. And of course Gomis will start during the ACN.
I agree your op makes sense, but that doesn't make it right, hopefully!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024