Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of positives from that 17:05 - Aug 16 with 1453 viewsTwoPhillips

Had we have had another 3 weeks pre-season we would have won that one.

Positive

Donervan Daniels - get him on a season long
Cwyka looks one heck of a player
Thought Zoko looked a right handful
Real enthusiasm and energy and deserved applause at the end

Negatives

Should have won more in their box with our height
Thought Lundstram looked a bit overwhelmed

Just need a win now on Tuesday

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Lots of positives from that on 17:09 - Aug 16 with 1436 viewsbig_bloomers

The midfield needs a proper outlet and engine and hopefully Cubero will supply that. Thought Oriol had a poor 15 at the start but vastly improved. The Clarke knockers were proved wrong. Miller was blowing out of his backside after 20 mins - needs lots more time but agree Zoko was excellent and well done Fonz when he was finally pushed on to the wing.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Lots of positives from that on 17:18 - Aug 16 with 1427 viewssteve_g

Lots of positives from that on 17:09 - Aug 16 by big_bloomers

The midfield needs a proper outlet and engine and hopefully Cubero will supply that. Thought Oriol had a poor 15 at the start but vastly improved. The Clarke knockers were proved wrong. Miller was blowing out of his backside after 20 mins - needs lots more time but agree Zoko was excellent and well done Fonz when he was finally pushed on to the wing.

Thought we were very unlucky - there first goal was like a ball in a pinball machine and could have ended up anywhere - their second was class but if Robinson hadn't been alert to throwing the ball in to the back of his own net then it could have been a different story.

Just needed longer to gel - shame/pleased we have another game so soon - dependent on the result!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Lots of positives from that on 17:22 - Aug 16 with 1420 viewsstu

What about Perkins you lot, played out of skin. Miller seem to get second wind.

How entertaining was that when you think if the dross we've had to put up with for 2 seasons.

Tangerine is the new black

Lots of positives from that on 17:49 - Aug 16 with 1378 viewstommytwojags

Lots of positives from that on 17:22 - Aug 16 by stu

What about Perkins you lot, played out of skin. Miller seem to get second wind.

How entertaining was that when you think if the dross we've had to put up with for 2 seasons.

Quality from Perkins and Fonz. I just don't understand the knockers. Still no points though.
Lots of positives from that on 18:36 - Aug 16 with 1305 views911_Kirky

I thought a draw would have been a fair result. Far, far better than Tuesday night and there were plenty of positives with some good play. As others have said, 3/4 weeks more training together and we would have a squad that would've gelled and played better.

We seem to have signed some good players, but the jury's out for me on the Fonz...

UTMP
Lots of positives from that on 18:39 - Aug 16 with 1300 viewsfleetwoodbry

Lots of positives from that on 17:49 - Aug 16 by tommytwojags

Quality from Perkins and Fonz. I just don't understand the knockers. Still no points though.

TTJ I'm afraid the knockers would still find fault had you won 8 0, its in their genes you see, unfortunately
Lots of positives from that on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1211 viewschesterbfc

After a crap 6hr stint on the M6(from Tetbury),I arrived 10mins late ,so watched first half by the dugouts, Fonz and Mellis looked poor, Miller looked slow ,young centre half is class etc,etc,,we go a goal down but somehow at the end of the 1st half I felt happy.
WHY??? As I went to my seat I realised it was the 1st time in a year I,d seen us play football.
Happy days, Normal goal conceded after the break and still happiness, Anybody who doesn't agree that we should have nicked a draw at least wasn't watchin the same game. Fonz looked a threat ,Perkins never stopped, Zoko was powerful,Miller completed his shift . Don't mind losin a few whilst the team gells cos someone somewhere is going to take a hell of a hidin,
Lots of positives from that on 20:57 - Aug 16 with 1182 viewsstu

Make that 2 years, but felt exactly the same. Toxic atmosphere not there today, even though we lost.

Tangerine is the new black

Login to get fewer ads

Lots of positives from that on 21:40 - Aug 16 with 1153 viewsWizaard

Thought Mellis struggled from the off, presumably as an after effect of his knock on Tuesday. Apart from that, there were positive performances from each and every one of them, and we'll benefit from the game time. As I've said since Tuesday, we're in preseason mode but longer term I have no doubt that we have the makings of a decent team.

The crowd recognised that effort and no mean skill and supported them throughout, including a decent ovation at the end.

We deserved a point for the decent football we played; such a contrast to the dreariness of the last two seasons.

I'm heartened for the rest of the season.
Lots of positives from that on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 1137 viewsLaytonRob

Agree with a lot of the above, I thought that Perkins played very well and was at the centre of everything that we did well, Daniels looked solid in defence and overall so much more positive than the Forrest Game. Miller looked well off the pace and I am not convinced by Zenjov who does not seem good enough for this level.
Lots of positives from that on 23:04 - Aug 16 with 1084 viewsCurryman

Lots of positives from that on 21:58 - Aug 16 by LaytonRob

Agree with a lot of the above, I thought that Perkins played very well and was at the centre of everything that we did well, Daniels looked solid in defence and overall so much more positive than the Forrest Game. Miller looked well off the pace and I am not convinced by Zenjov who does not seem good enough for this level.

I said after the Forest game that there were signs things would get better. I felt after the Shrewsbury game that I had been hasty in my assumption. Now after that game I feel my first instinct was correct. We need to tighten up at the back and clear our lines to prevent the rebounds going in, I make that one in each game that we should have prevented through lackadaisical defending.

Overall I saw a vast improvemnet in the willingness and fitness of the team today and would even hesitate to say we were for the most the better team.

If only someone had allowed the pre season to have taken place instead of scrimping everywhere to save a few bob. .

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Lots of positives from that on 09:39 - Aug 17 with 968 viewsbottle

Lots of positives from that on 23:04 - Aug 16 by Curryman

I said after the Forest game that there were signs things would get better. I felt after the Shrewsbury game that I had been hasty in my assumption. Now after that game I feel my first instinct was correct. We need to tighten up at the back and clear our lines to prevent the rebounds going in, I make that one in each game that we should have prevented through lackadaisical defending.

Overall I saw a vast improvemnet in the willingness and fitness of the team today and would even hesitate to say we were for the most the better team.

If only someone had allowed the pre season to have taken place instead of scrimping everywhere to save a few bob. .

It's all about opinions isn't it! Thought Daniels looked a real find and probably made one mistake all afternoon and that only resulted in a throw in. Clarke was Peter Clarke you know what you are going to get and we got it. I thought Lundstrum looked good, composed on the ball, effective going forward and in getting back and covered a lot of ground, one sublime piece of skill sold the Blacburn defence a dummy but was followed by a poor crack at goal. Oriol grew into the game - I reckoned they brought his brother on after half time in his place - copyright The Hotspur 1968 - when the ball came back to him high out of the sky from his corner and he controlled and turned to cross again was sheer magic. Zoko looked good and great foil for Miller and Fonz probably had his best game for us, taking people on and beating them and forcing Robbo into a great save. Perkins is like a little wind up toy, everywhere at once nagging biting winning the ball and playing intelligent short passes and supporting both attack and defence and worthy of mom.

For a team of misfits they played some great stuff that outshone any of the dire rubbish served up at the end of last season by a team that had played together all season. Damage limitation for now but we are going to gel pretty quickly and I'm confident that - Riga stays of course - that we will be just fine. Very pleased with what I saw and Blackburn were probably 1 player better than us and he scored both their goals!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024