Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday he should be ours 19:25 - Aug 27 with 6766 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-expected-swansea-c

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Friday he should be ours on 07:05 - Aug 28 with 1296 viewscaerleon_jack

Friday he should be ours on 00:44 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why do I need a new username? Is that what you do, create a new user name so people don't remember the nonsense you post? Maybe if I was 8 years old I would consider it, but alas, I am a fully mature young adult and those sort of petty actions are beneath me.

"Fully mature young adult"

You have proven throughout this thread (never mind countless others) that you certainly are not...

Taking your original estimate of £3.5m, covering both transfer fee and contract. For a Premier League side of our standing £3.5m is a cheap punt. Taking the Donnelly model and estimating that he'll be with us for 4 years at least, that represents less than £1m a season on a player that, if he reaches his potential, could earn us maybe 5 or 10 times that amount. If he doesn't, then he doesn't - but as somebody else said this is exactly the sort of signing that we have been all about for the last 10 years. I'm still trying to work out what your comment of "this isn't League One" is all about.

So, next debate is on the figures. As *everyone* knows, one of the things that Swansea, as a club, has done over the last 10 years is load up on players on stupidly high salaries that the club can't afford. Oh no, hang on - they've not, that's Cardiff. One of the features of the club, and one of the reasons we've missed out on some transfer targets in the past, is that we offer incentive driven contracts. Low-ish basic contract, high performance related bonuses. It's been commented on several times since we've come into the Premier League that we are a model that other clubs should look to follow to maintain finances and achieve self-sufficiency. But that doesn't fit your narrative so ignore that. Yes our wage structure has probably meant that each season we have a new highest earner and yes, someone like Tate is possibly on £10k a week - but what you're forgetting (conveniently) is that Tate isn't someone we've just signed. He's been in the system for quite a few years and was probably given that contract when he was a first team regular. If that is what he is paid then at the time he was given it, that's what he was worth to us. As others have pointed out you are happy to quote figures from the media when it suits you and happy to deny then when it suits you. What you consistently do is refuse to apply common sense and try to drag every piece of news or every achievement of the club into some sort of negative and pointless dig at the players/manager/directors.

Is this club perfect? No
Is any club? No?
Does it claim to be? No
Is it trying to do things the right way? Overwhelmingly yes
Do we have people in charge who are trying to ensure a future for the club? Overwhelmingly yes

I don't think your beloved Man Utd could say the same for the last three questions

If you want to be taken seriously as a "fully mature young adult", start behaving like one, rather than behaving like a Man Utd fan/WUM/troll whatever you it is you're trying to be. It's seriously tedious.1

Insert something witty here

Friday he should be ours on 07:37 - Aug 28 with 1257 viewsSwansNZ

Friday he should be ours on 00:44 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why do I need a new username? Is that what you do, create a new user name so people don't remember the nonsense you post? Maybe if I was 8 years old I would consider it, but alas, I am a fully mature young adult and those sort of petty actions are beneath me.

" I am a fully mature young adult"

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Friday he should be ours on 08:51 - Aug 28 with 1183 viewswaynekerr55

Friday he should be ours on 23:03 - Aug 27 by skippyjack

700k upfront.. 1 million more if he's a success..low wages.. worth a punt.

Or, alternatively we could invest those sums in the academy and produce our own.

Honestly though how Schecter is still managing to get games in the European leagues is baffling. To call him brain dead would be a compliment to him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Friday he should be ours on 09:17 - Aug 28 with 1141 viewsMartyrman57

I hear the username "the revolution begins" is still available
Friday he should be ours on 09:31 - Aug 28 with 1119 viewsereksten

Perhaps a bit off the current topic, but you guys seem to be assuming that this is a striker. In Ostersund he's been playing winger (on both flanks, from what I saw in their last match).

Transfermarkt also lists him as a right midfielder/winger. When Routledge plays on the left, Dyer is basically our only option there.

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Friday he should be ours on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 1007 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 07:05 - Aug 28 by caerleon_jack

"Fully mature young adult"

You have proven throughout this thread (never mind countless others) that you certainly are not...

Taking your original estimate of £3.5m, covering both transfer fee and contract. For a Premier League side of our standing £3.5m is a cheap punt. Taking the Donnelly model and estimating that he'll be with us for 4 years at least, that represents less than £1m a season on a player that, if he reaches his potential, could earn us maybe 5 or 10 times that amount. If he doesn't, then he doesn't - but as somebody else said this is exactly the sort of signing that we have been all about for the last 10 years. I'm still trying to work out what your comment of "this isn't League One" is all about.

So, next debate is on the figures. As *everyone* knows, one of the things that Swansea, as a club, has done over the last 10 years is load up on players on stupidly high salaries that the club can't afford. Oh no, hang on - they've not, that's Cardiff. One of the features of the club, and one of the reasons we've missed out on some transfer targets in the past, is that we offer incentive driven contracts. Low-ish basic contract, high performance related bonuses. It's been commented on several times since we've come into the Premier League that we are a model that other clubs should look to follow to maintain finances and achieve self-sufficiency. But that doesn't fit your narrative so ignore that. Yes our wage structure has probably meant that each season we have a new highest earner and yes, someone like Tate is possibly on £10k a week - but what you're forgetting (conveniently) is that Tate isn't someone we've just signed. He's been in the system for quite a few years and was probably given that contract when he was a first team regular. If that is what he is paid then at the time he was given it, that's what he was worth to us. As others have pointed out you are happy to quote figures from the media when it suits you and happy to deny then when it suits you. What you consistently do is refuse to apply common sense and try to drag every piece of news or every achievement of the club into some sort of negative and pointless dig at the players/manager/directors.

Is this club perfect? No
Is any club? No?
Does it claim to be? No
Is it trying to do things the right way? Overwhelmingly yes
Do we have people in charge who are trying to ensure a future for the club? Overwhelmingly yes

I don't think your beloved Man Utd could say the same for the last three questions

If you want to be taken seriously as a "fully mature young adult", start behaving like one, rather than behaving like a Man Utd fan/WUM/troll whatever you it is you're trying to be. It's seriously tedious.1

Just like my father and many of his friends, Tate is a regular visitor to The Wern in Landore and proudly informs people he is on much more than £10k a week.

And Tate wasn't given that contract when he was a first team regular.From what I remember it was one of my contracts a certain manager rushed through before leaving us.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Friday he should be ours on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 967 viewsskippyjack

Friday he should be ours on 08:51 - Aug 28 by waynekerr55

Or, alternatively we could invest those sums in the academy and produce our own.

Honestly though how Schecter is still managing to get games in the European leagues is baffling. To call him brain dead would be a compliment to him

Money doesn't produce players... it's the eye that produces players.. spotting these players from grassroots.. if anything.. the money should be invested in grassroots and games should be moved to a Sunday or early Saturday kick off... the standard of Senior League and Junior League in South Wales has reduced.. it's shambolic.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Friday he should be ours on 17:01 - Aug 28 with 962 viewsNeathJack

Friday he should be ours on 16:23 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Just like my father and many of his friends, Tate is a regular visitor to The Wern in Landore and proudly informs people he is on much more than £10k a week.

And Tate wasn't given that contract when he was a first team regular.From what I remember it was one of my contracts a certain manager rushed through before leaving us.

Tate signed his contract on 14th September 2011, shortly after he broke his leg.

Hardly "rushed through by a certain manager before he left us".
Login to get fewer ads

Friday he should be ours on 17:02 - Aug 28 with 952 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 17:01 - Aug 28 by NeathJack

Tate signed his contract on 14th September 2011, shortly after he broke his leg.

Hardly "rushed through by a certain manager before he left us".

That makes it even more puzzling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Friday he should be ours on 17:08 - Aug 28 with 932 viewsTom1912

The Tate contract was clearly an error, but the mistakes we’ve made in terms of long term contracts have been pretty much on the lower end of the scale in comparison to much of the PL. Same with transfer fees really.
Friday he should be ours on 17:10 - Aug 28 with 920 viewsskippyjack

Friday he should be ours on 17:02 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tate served us well from league 2 to the championship.. on fairly low wages.. Brendan knew Tate wouldn't make it in the Prem.. so offered him a contract for his services.. but I think he's milked enough already... should retire and do a monk.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Friday he should be ours on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 912 viewsNeathJack

Friday he should be ours on 17:02 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How so?

You still haven't posted the pic of your ticket from Tuesday btw.
Friday he should be ours on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 909 viewsjackonicko

I don't get all the anti-Tate stuff. I like him, I think he's been a pivotal part of making our club what it is today and I'm personally very glad he's still on the books.

We obviously want to build a Liverpool-style bootroom, with continuity of club legends and stalwarts like Curtis, Monk, O'Leary, Trundle and others. They are our past, our present and clearly part of our future - and I'm very happy that we are doing the same with Alan Tate.

That contract extension was not "clearly an error" IMO.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 17:15]
Friday he should be ours on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 890 viewsTom1912

Friday he should be ours on 17:14 - Aug 28 by jackonicko

I don't get all the anti-Tate stuff. I like him, I think he's been a pivotal part of making our club what it is today and I'm personally very glad he's still on the books.

We obviously want to build a Liverpool-style bootroom, with continuity of club legends and stalwarts like Curtis, Monk, O'Leary, Trundle and others. They are our past, our present and clearly part of our future - and I'm very happy that we are doing the same with Alan Tate.

That contract extension was not "clearly an error" IMO.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 17:15]

A 4 year contract on what was a top wage for the club at the time where he's only played a couple of games and is now not even in consideration is definitely an error. He could always have been brought back into the club post retirement for a back room role like Trundle and KOL if they wanted to keep him in the club long term.

Nothing against Tate of course, he was fantastic for us as we came up through the leagues.
Friday he should be ours on 17:49 - Aug 28 with 853 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 17:20 - Aug 28 by Tom1912

A 4 year contract on what was a top wage for the club at the time where he's only played a couple of games and is now not even in consideration is definitely an error. He could always have been brought back into the club post retirement for a back room role like Trundle and KOL if they wanted to keep him in the club long term.

Nothing against Tate of course, he was fantastic for us as we came up through the leagues.

As Lisa said above, a big chunk of his contract is likely to be appearance based.

I'd rather have him around than flip him off when he gets injured. He deserves a bit more respect than that.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024