Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? 15:38 - Sep 11 with 3032 viewsjoolsyp

Currently on hols in Canada and will be in Victoria, BC on Sunday. Will the Man U game be on TV anywhere?
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 17:44 - Sep 11 with 3006 viewsgingerranger

It's on 'Sportsnet World'. A pub or Hotel with cable TV should have that channel.
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 17:57 - Sep 11 with 2999 viewsDwarf_Bread

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 17:44 - Sep 11 by gingerranger

It's on 'Sportsnet World'. A pub or Hotel with cable TV should have that channel.

Actually "Sportsnet World" requires an extra fee beyond the basic cable service so it is unlikely that most hotels or pubs will have it.

A pessimists life is full of pleasant surprises.

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 2972 viewsqprcanadabc

i live just outside victoria (in sooke), some hotels will have it in their cable packages...though have your computer ready in case you need to stream it as i do. Which hotel are you staying?
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 05:17 - Sep 12 with 2890 viewsjoolsyp

Hotel Rialto on Douglas St. I have my ipad as a backup if I can find a non-flash stream.

Cheers

Jools
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 05:47 - Sep 12 with 2883 viewsDwarf_Bread

There are a couple of sports bars in the downtown core near where you are staying. Check them out. They may open early on Sunday for the NFL games which start at 10:00.

A pessimists life is full of pleasant surprises.

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 04:47 - Sep 14 with 2801 viewsqprcanadabc

tried to find a place for you to watch the match but have come up with nothing...i will be watching in on my computer on a live stream that will be there, you are always welcome to come out to sooke....hope you are having a lovely time on the island.

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 06:22 - Sep 14 with 2786 viewsjoolsyp

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 04:47 - Sep 14 by qprcanadabc

tried to find a place for you to watch the match but have come up with nothing...i will be watching in on my computer on a live stream that will be there, you are always welcome to come out to sooke....hope you are having a lovely time on the island.

That's really kind of you, thanks! I'm going with a VPN app on my iPad and Sky Go in the hotel room so maybe next time!

Spent the day on Salt Spring Island - what a beautiful part of the world this is. How long have you been in Sooke?
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:19 - Sep 14 with 2754 viewsqprcanadabc

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 06:22 - Sep 14 by joolsyp

That's really kind of you, thanks! I'm going with a VPN app on my iPad and Sky Go in the hotel room so maybe next time!

Spent the day on Salt Spring Island - what a beautiful part of the world this is. How long have you been in Sooke?

i have been here coming up to 8 yrs and love it...brother just left for saltspring, pretty nice there too eh?

glad you will be able to watch the game, however after 20 mins you may be regretting that :(....or maybe just maybe we can, well who knows ;)

been whale watching or salmon fishing yet? seen any bears?
Login to get fewer ads

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 2740 viewsjoolsyp

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:19 - Sep 14 by qprcanadabc

i have been here coming up to 8 yrs and love it...brother just left for saltspring, pretty nice there too eh?

glad you will be able to watch the game, however after 20 mins you may be regretting that :(....or maybe just maybe we can, well who knows ;)

been whale watching or salmon fishing yet? seen any bears?

No whale watching but did some kayaking yesterday and loved it. Back to Vancouver tomorrow and the UK on Thurs, but I've just got my residency so will be looking for education/teaching posts in the Victoria area. Studied at SFU 20 years ago but Vancouver has changed so much, Victoria seems a lot more laid back. Plus the food is amazing!
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 2735 viewsqprcanadabc

Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:44 - Sep 14 by joolsyp

No whale watching but did some kayaking yesterday and loved it. Back to Vancouver tomorrow and the UK on Thurs, but I've just got my residency so will be looking for education/teaching posts in the Victoria area. Studied at SFU 20 years ago but Vancouver has changed so much, Victoria seems a lot more laid back. Plus the food is amazing!

the whole island is lovely, possibly not Duncan but that is due to the roads...highly recommend the island as a place to live

hope you have a good feed
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:53 - Sep 14 with 2731 viewsqprcanadabc

try channel 23 on your tv it might have the game
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 15:58 - Sep 14 with 2725 viewsjoolsyp

Sadly, looks like tennis on 23 ...
Rs in Canada - anywhere to watch Sunday's game? on 18:13 - Sep 15 with 2681 viewsqprcanadabc

sorry about channel 23, thought it would work, didnt for me either!

if you need any help moving to the island let me know....i know for myself that I am staying on the island as i find it a lovely place to live and work - very laid back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024