Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Game 18:49 - Sep 13 with 1332 viewsTejas

I thought we played well, in both halves, and edged it in the second. We had a 10 minute spell in the second half where Wolves put us on the back foot, but defensively we are starting to look much better and stronger and you couldn't tell there was such a gulf between our league positions. Clarke was a lion in defence, throwing himself in front of the ball when required. Well worth the MOM award. I was really impressed with Daniels who looks very solid at the back and Lewis who actually talks to his back line(even if Daniels did ignore him!). I'm warming to Ranger (and didn't think I would). Orlandi had some great touches but his final ball let him down on a few occasions, like most of the team he needs more games. A slight worry for me was the strategy to leave everyone back for corners, at times we had nobody further than the back line and considering our front line it surprised me. All in all we did not look like a side that will be fighting for survival this season. So, a couple of beers tonight and up early for the long slog back to Norfolk - in a slightly more optimistic mood.
Today's Game on 18:58 - Sep 13 with 1314 views1953Original

Agree about the corners - although they did the same - I thought we were good for the point and looked like a side which had finally gelled. A pleasant Saturday night for once!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Today's Game on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 1296 viewsribble

Agree with pretty much all of that. Good team effort and could have snatch it the end. We're some way off being a good side but there's promise there, certainly.
Today's Game on 19:34 - Sep 13 with 1270 viewssteve_g

Today's Game on 19:14 - Sep 13 by ribble

Agree with pretty much all of that. Good team effort and could have snatch it the end. We're some way off being a good side but there's promise there, certainly.

Ribble - do you think we're better now than we were? I would say we are. Am looking forward to Cubero replacing Perkins who remains a weak link for me. We need to play higher up the pitch at home - for too long today we looked like the away side - and we just need to be a bit more confident. They looked vulnerable when we ran at them but all too often we turned round and played the ball back.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Today's Game on 19:55 - Sep 13 with 1262 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Today's Game on 19:34 - Sep 13 by steve_g

Ribble - do you think we're better now than we were? I would say we are. Am looking forward to Cubero replacing Perkins who remains a weak link for me. We need to play higher up the pitch at home - for too long today we looked like the away side - and we just need to be a bit more confident. They looked vulnerable when we ran at them but all too often we turned round and played the ball back.

Here's the team we ended last season with:

01 Gilks
02 McMahon
14 Halliday
18 Osbourne
35 McGahey
20 Cathcart
17 Basham (Barkhuizen - 72' )
04 Perkins
24 Keogh (Fuller - 68' )
33 Dobbie
12 Bishop (Grandin - 84' )

I would struggle to stick any of those in ahead of this current team bar maybe Dobbie on his day.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Today's Game on 20:10 - Sep 13 with 1252 viewsBFC_Tim

Today's Game on 19:55 - Sep 13 by Happy_Satsuma

Here's the team we ended last season with:

01 Gilks
02 McMahon
14 Halliday
18 Osbourne
35 McGahey
20 Cathcart
17 Basham (Barkhuizen - 72' )
04 Perkins
24 Keogh (Fuller - 68' )
33 Dobbie
12 Bishop (Grandin - 84' )

I would struggle to stick any of those in ahead of this current team bar maybe Dobbie on his day.

"Orlandi had some great touches but his final ball let him down on a few occasions, like most of the team he needs more games. "

I liked him - didn't see enough of him as he was too tempted to wander in to midfield - is a central midfielder his position because I'd be tempted to play him alongside Lundstram and bring a Cykwa or even Zenjov in down the wing if he is?

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Today's Game on 20:24 - Sep 13 with 1248 viewsbottle

Today's Game on 20:10 - Sep 13 by BFC_Tim

"Orlandi had some great touches but his final ball let him down on a few occasions, like most of the team he needs more games. "

I liked him - didn't see enough of him as he was too tempted to wander in to midfield - is a central midfielder his position because I'd be tempted to play him alongside Lundstram and bring a Cykwa or even Zenjov in down the wing if he is?

Hard to find holes in today's performance when every player did his bit, only criticism would be that it would be even better if they all did their bit together. At times we had options in attack but chose the wrong one. First time I have seen Lewis have to work hard and was impressed with his handling. Ranger had a good second half but isn't a ball to feet kind of player but came within in inches of scoring a superb solo effort. Work rate second to none, team spirit exemplary and willingness to put bodies on the line - Peter Clarke take a bow - all in all very pleasing and great support for the team and for Riga and well concerted disapproval of the owners. We'll done everyone from players to fans - and ref wasn't bad either! 1 point and it lifts us off the bottom, how bad does that make Fulham fans feel I wonder?
Today's Game on 21:08 - Sep 13 with 1224 viewsribble

Today's Game on 19:34 - Sep 13 by steve_g

steve_g

To answer your question, I'd say that we're moving in the right direction and with the potential to be a much better side than last season. We're still 3 or 4 quality players short of a top half team though, in my opinion.

Whether the progress we saw today will be maintained if Riga goes remains to be seen.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024