Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coward 09:02 - Sep 19 with 793 viewsCurryman

The saga of our lilly livered Chairman last night hit a new low in my humble opinion. I was reponsible for arranging and attending meetings for forty of my fifty years of work. many of them were ion far flung corners of the UK and I always ensured that I was there, not on time but well before. Only twice in thos e years did I fail to turn up on time, once when the IRA had threatened to blow up spaghetti junction at Birmingham and I was stuck in traffic for 7 hours and the other time because I had made a bad entry into my diary and was in Berwick when I should have been in Skegness. that took a lot of grovelling to get out of and I held my hands up baing totally honest with the people I was supposed to be with.

Honesty seems to be one of the things that is alien to our Chairman and we have had years of broken promises and untruths from both him and his father before him. Like father like son seems to fit this situation.

Last night, it appears that new depths of deceit were reached when his chosen fans representatives were left in the lurch dueto a planned meeting being hastily cancelled at the last minute after supporters had travelled from various parts of the country, without problems, to attend.

It all adds to the cunning duplicity of the man who now not only cancels a meeting at the last opportunity but critices his manager as being unprofessional; refers to his paying customers as the mob; refuses to talk to anyone except on his own terms and constantly repudiates any criticism of himself or his family.

These in my book are the actions of a coward, someone who has finally been cornered and shown up for the ill bred, disrespectful, contemptuous, insulting, discourteous, impudent person they really are.

A lily-livered coward, too pusillanimous to deal with any situation that requires a modicum of decency or honesty.

A quote from Shannon L Alder sums up my feelings for this man “I have always found it odd that people who think passive aggressively ignoring a person is making a point to them. The only point it makes to anyone is your inability to articulate your point of view because deep down you know you can’t win. It’s better to assert yourself and tell the person you are moving on without them and why, rather than leave a lasting impression of cowardness on your part in a person’s mind by avoiding them."

JRR Tolkien put it more succinctly when he wrote "A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it."

If the Chairman thinks he has avoided his fear, he should take note of the second part of that quote, as I'm quite sure his short cut will lead to increased protest by 'the mob.'

[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 9:02]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Coward on 10:21 - Sep 19 with 760 viewsOldSkool

Excellent.
Coward on 20:07 - Sep 19 with 688 viewshertfordseasider

One reply to Wilf's post???? Wow, this place is dead on its arse!!
Coward on 20:39 - Sep 19 with 681 viewsOrioltwins

Coward on 20:07 - Sep 19 by hertfordseasider

One reply to Wilf's post???? Wow, this place is dead on its arse!!

Sometimes HS - a post like that says it all! I read that post yesterday and thought it so beautifully and succinctly said everything I wanted to hear that there was nothing else to say! Least it has lots on positive likes!!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Coward on 20:44 - Sep 19 with 679 viewssteve_g

Coward on 20:39 - Sep 19 by Orioltwins

Sometimes HS - a post like that says it all! I read that post yesterday and thought it so beautifully and succinctly said everything I wanted to hear that there was nothing else to say! Least it has lots on positive likes!!

And now we see what managers, agents and players have to contend with.

Let's remember he left Ollie waiting an hour and we nearly lost the best manager in a generation.

The man is beyond contempt!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Coward on 20:48 - Sep 19 with 676 viewswespens

Coward on 20:44 - Sep 19 by steve_g

And now we see what managers, agents and players have to contend with.

Let's remember he left Ollie waiting an hour and we nearly lost the best manager in a generation.

The man is beyond contempt!

It's the 10 minutes notice that gets me - surely he knew how long it takes from the M6 toll road to get back to Blackpool! It's the problem that sums us up - we are in a one man totalitarian state and we're all suffering because of it!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Coward on 22:03 - Sep 19 with 664 viewsbig_bloomers

Coward on 20:48 - Sep 19 by wespens

It's the 10 minutes notice that gets me - surely he knew how long it takes from the M6 toll road to get back to Blackpool! It's the problem that sums us up - we are in a one man totalitarian state and we're all suffering because of it!

Come on then Curryman for the uneducated amongst us what does pusillanimous mean!

Excellent post by the way!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Coward on 23:18 - Sep 19 with 654 viewswe_are_Superior

Coward on 22:03 - Sep 19 by big_bloomers

Come on then Curryman for the uneducated amongst us what does pusillanimous mean!

Excellent post by the way!

Anyone else think he was seeing yet another manager but couldn't reveal where he really was?!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Coward on 00:15 - Sep 20 with 648 viewsMr_Brightside

Coward on 23:18 - Sep 19 by we_are_Superior

Anyone else think he was seeing yet another manager but couldn't reveal where he really was?!

Cowardly or a shrewd operator. Did you see the questions they wanted answering? KO will know that he's under the kosh and until we start to get a few wins under our belts and a few new signings he will have more questions to answer. So leave it until we slowly start to climb the table, get in a few signings (loans of course!) and maybe offer something in the way of training ground planning and he'll have crossed half of those questions off the list. He's a past master at avoiding the questions fans want answered and I guarantee the next meeting isn't arranged until at least some of those things are done.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Login to get fewer ads

Coward on 01:21 - Sep 20 with 644 viewshertfordseasider

Coward on 00:15 - Sep 20 by Mr_Brightside

Cowardly or a shrewd operator. Did you see the questions they wanted answering? KO will know that he's under the kosh and until we start to get a few wins under our belts and a few new signings he will have more questions to answer. So leave it until we slowly start to climb the table, get in a few signings (loans of course!) and maybe offer something in the way of training ground planning and he'll have crossed half of those questions off the list. He's a past master at avoiding the questions fans want answered and I guarantee the next meeting isn't arranged until at least some of those things are done.

So no meetings for the foreseeable future then Mr B? Like 5 years or so??
Coward on 04:17 - Sep 20 with 630 viewsTangerineTom

Karl in my opinion is somebody who thrives over control, he loves to feel like he has power over others and therefore can leave managers waiting an hour, look for potential candidates while the post is currently in use and make snide comments about the fans of his club with a fake demeanour of intelligence (in my opinion) which he doesn't have.

It's a dangerous trait Karl.
Coward on 19:22 - Sep 26 with 567 viewsTwoPhillips

Coward on 04:17 - Sep 20 by TangerineTom

Karl in my opinion is somebody who thrives over control, he loves to feel like he has power over others and therefore can leave managers waiting an hour, look for potential candidates while the post is currently in use and make snide comments about the fans of his club with a fake demeanour of intelligence (in my opinion) which he doesn't have.

It's a dangerous trait Karl.

Interesting he said he was trying to do too much and couldn't make it but has a date rearranged. Is all the criticism of him now unfounded and it was purely a timing error?!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Coward on 19:25 - Sep 26 with 563 viewsWizaard

Coward on 19:22 - Sep 26 by TwoPhillips

Interesting he said he was trying to do too much and couldn't make it but has a date rearranged. Is all the criticism of him now unfounded and it was purely a timing error?!

Yes, there's a new time arranged, but nevertheless, many were inconvenienced at best. Not good enough.
Coward on 19:31 - Sep 26 with 554 viewsOsbourne

Coward on 19:25 - Sep 26 by Wizaard

Yes, there's a new time arranged, but nevertheless, many were inconvenienced at best. Not good enough.

Yes,
Karl
Coward on 19:52 - Sep 26 with 545 viewsCurryman

Coward on 19:22 - Sep 26 by TwoPhillips

Purely a timing error two phillips? Please don't make me laugh or I'll wet myself.

Any professional manager would know well in advance whether he was going to over run or not and phone on ahead to warn those he was meeting, about his problem. He wouldn't wait until 10 - 20 minutes before he was due to say 'I can't make it'.

It basically shows us all what a complete and utter fool he is. I would summise that if he were to take a dope test he's pass it with flying
colours.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 19:53]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024