Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally 00:27 - Oct 4 with 901 viewsWizaard

We got the result we deserved. On the balance of play we got right outcome.

It's been a while but as I've said for a while now, we haven't got what we've deserved for the performances we've been putting in. Once again, every player put in a full shift and in the end we could have won more comfortably. Certainly Del should have doubled the lead and had a penalty. Maybe our luck is turning although if so, we've made our own.

I thought Miller worked his socks off and deserved the MOTM.

Defensively we looked solid again with very few chances for them.

Protests. You can't ignore them. The walkout turned into more of a walk to the front followed by some trips round the ground. At the time it distracted from the events on the pitch but it gradually settled and by the end the focus was back on the pitch.

A deserved win and a monkey off our back. Onwards and upwards.
Finally on 00:54 - Oct 4 with 881 viewschesterbfc

Completely agree, great spirit ,great calculated effort for the most part. I was really worried that at 1 time the chanting would affect the players but thankfully it didn't, Had to laugh when the 53rd min protest started and apart from some complete nutters invading the pitch in true Pool style many protesters hovered to watch the goal go in. and sang their hearts out.
I,m neither a O lover or hater but on my way home ,happy at our 1st win at home for ? long as I got stuck in horrendous traffic on the M55 then M56 then the A55 , I thought couldn't all this be solved if KOKO gave us a great training facility 30 yrs overdue,, explained his bonus system which I think is designed to give players a Once in a lifetime chance at the big time, and maybe ,maybe sign 1 marquee player. But I must admit when my mate read out Cardiff,s team. I,m doubting we need one, better with 18 triers and grafters. This is neither intended as a gloat or a moan ,just the observations of one Happy Pool fan tonight with a glass in his hand
Finally on 08:07 - Oct 4 with 816 viewsOsbourne

Finally on 00:54 - Oct 4 by chesterbfc

Completely agree, great spirit ,great calculated effort for the most part. I was really worried that at 1 time the chanting would affect the players but thankfully it didn't, Had to laugh when the 53rd min protest started and apart from some complete nutters invading the pitch in true Pool style many protesters hovered to watch the goal go in. and sang their hearts out.
I,m neither a O lover or hater but on my way home ,happy at our 1st win at home for ? long as I got stuck in horrendous traffic on the M55 then M56 then the A55 , I thought couldn't all this be solved if KOKO gave us a great training facility 30 yrs overdue,, explained his bonus system which I think is designed to give players a Once in a lifetime chance at the big time, and maybe ,maybe sign 1 marquee player. But I must admit when my mate read out Cardiff,s team. I,m doubting we need one, better with 18 triers and grafters. This is neither intended as a gloat or a moan ,just the observations of one Happy Pool fan tonight with a glass in his hand

Yes, Well done Mr Riga! Pool 1 Cardiff 0.
Only 2 shots each, on target from both teams on the night, but Pool got the goal and the 3 points!
An interesting evening to say the least!

6 points now. It has been a good week.
Finally on 11:12 - Oct 4 with 724 viewsMrTangerineMan

Finally on 08:07 - Oct 4 by Osbourne

Yes, Well done Mr Riga! Pool 1 Cardiff 0.
Only 2 shots each, on target from both teams on the night, but Pool got the goal and the 3 points!
An interesting evening to say the least!

6 points now. It has been a good week.

Great night in more ways than one. I'd also like to give a nod to Perkins who covers every blade of grass on the pitch week in and out and unsettles teams. What an engine - not the cleverest of players but the work and desire he has set the benchmark for the rest IMHO.
Finally on 12:41 - Oct 4 with 678 viewsspooner

I agree with the majority of Wizaard's observations.
Would have considered both Parish and Dielna as contenders for MOTM, mainly because of the manner in which they stepped up to the plate after little, or no, first-team experience. The absence of Joe Lewis and early withdrawal of Joan Oriol were barely noticeable. One excellent save late on and a shrewd through ball for Zoko's goal, had an effect on the outcome of the game.
Without wishing to put a dampener on an exciting, emotion-charged and ultimately successful evening, I would ask that we don't go overboard.
Yes, we kept our shape, are looking more assured at the back, are working harder as a unit and appear to be in better condition.
However, Cardiff created as many chances, we certainly weren't the dominant force one would expect from a team at home, they had approximately two-thirds possession over 95 minutes and I think we still need to bolster the squad to provide further strength in depth, especially in defence. We'll need to win half our remaining league games to stay up, I fear.
I know I might be considered never satisfied, but, please believe me, I was delighted last night, although it served to highlight our plight and what's required to continue our progress on the field
Finally on 12:47 - Oct 4 with 674 viewsOsbourne

Finally on 11:12 - Oct 4 by MrTangerineMan

Great night in more ways than one. I'd also like to give a nod to Perkins who covers every blade of grass on the pitch week in and out and unsettles teams. What an engine - not the cleverest of players but the work and desire he has set the benchmark for the rest IMHO.

Mr TangerineMan,
Yes, I agree, Perkins is sometimes criticized, but for me he is essential in the Blackpool midfield. He played a good game last night, his workrate and tackling are his forte, but he has skill as well and a very good left foot on him.

With Cubero to come back into the midfield, John Lundstram playing well last night. Edu Oriel and Zozo/Delfouneso also doing well, Mr Riga has options.

For me it is the 2 shots on target all night which needs to be looked at by Mr Riga.
Miller worked well, Zoko scored a good goal, Delfouneso got a good shot on target. Could Nile Ranger be the answer? For me, it is still get more shots / headers in on target and wait for the goalkeeper to do his worst, with the front 2, whoever they might be, following everything up looking for the tap in. Take a look at our goal v Norwich, that is what happened. However, only 2 shots on target all night is suspect?

Perkins is a definite for me.
Finally on 13:58 - Oct 4 with 654 viewsribble

Really heartening effort last night with strong performances from all over the pitch. Miller was a revelation. We kept possession much better and worked harder when we didn't have the ball than I've personally seen all season. We looked a decent team last night, I thought.
Finally on 18:55 - Oct 4 with 575 viewsWizaard

Finally on 13:58 - Oct 4 by ribble

Really heartening effort last night with strong performances from all over the pitch. Miller was a revelation. We kept possession much better and worked harder when we didn't have the ball than I've personally seen all season. We looked a decent team last night, I thought.

Bear in mind that we had a nailed on penalty waved away which would have led to a red card, the keeper handled the ball way out of the area and Del missed from close in and the margin could have been much greater.
Finally on 22:05 - Oct 4 with 517 viewsBertandErnie

Finally on 18:55 - Oct 4 by Wizaard

Bear in mind that we had a nailed on penalty waved away which would have led to a red card, the keeper handled the ball way out of the area and Del missed from close in and the margin could have been much greater.

Still concerning how few shots on target we're achieving - don't think any keeper at Bloomfield Road has broken in to a sweat! From memory only Perkins tried a speculative shot which went wide - don't understand why we don't try more from distance.

BTW Wizz - as well as the pen, the Fonz miss and the Miller failure to make contact with the ball - don't forget Ranger going through and all he had to do was pass the ball to Miller but the greedy sod carried on with it way too far!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024