Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electrical advice required (Non QPR) 16:59 - Oct 6 with 2119 viewsRamseyR

As a distraction from recent on the field events, are there any qualified sparks out there that can help?

I currently have a one way single pole one way light switch ( with no neutral feed) controlling a 500w floodlight.
I'd like to add another switch so that the same light can be operated from a separate location, but instead of a normal on/off switch at the second location I would like a push button timer.
I know how to wire a normal 2 way system, but can anyone advise on how to do this? I don't need a fancy neon indicator on the push button switch, which avoids getting a neutral feed to it, so I'm thinking of a 2 wire switch with only a Live and a Live Out connection.

I've spent a long time googling, but all the wiring diagrams I see either cover 2 normal switches or 2 push button timers...not a combination
Thanks in advance.
Electrical advice required (Non QPR) on 19:36 - Oct 6 with 2041 viewsGloryHunter

I'm not an electrician, but 500W sounds like a big load for a domestic lighting circuit. See if you can get a replacement equivalent CFL for the floodlight.

Time delay push switches can be wired into 2-way, 3-way etc circuits - they are used in the halls and landings of innumerable apartment buildings. 2-way needs 3-core cable; 3-way needs 4-core cable etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024