Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? 07:41 - Oct 20 with 1369 viewsBedfordseasider

Alot of people say all the indications are clear that there is an "exit policy" being run by the Oystons . That would be true if we were talking about a "Normal" businessman & family but in this case we are talking about the weird & not so wonderful world of Karl Oyston.

He is in "FCUK YOU" mode & is a stubborn,obstinate & obtuse man .He sees the balance sheet & saving money wherever he can as a business goal & overriding issue that it more important than the league standing of the club . He has stated as much clearly when he said "relegation would not be a disaster" some months ago .

We , the fans see the league standing as the main issue as do 99.9% of all football fans I suspect.

Sadly I feel The Os & KO in charge are here to stay & are not going anywhere soon despite the protests , BST et al . He will continue to do things his way as he sees them as the "right & only way" regardless of what anyone else says or does to make him think otherwise .

I too can only see relegation this season . I support Riga in the way he is trying to get the team playing but he is doing this with his hands tied behind his back.

Without serious investment in some Quality players in the January Window we are doomed to go down . The Policy of picking up unwanted Waifs & strays from the championship & below has failed miserably & the much vaunted policy of picking up the "flotsam & jetsome from the premiership" has completely failed to materialise .

In Conclusion I really don't know what the answer is . Continue to support the team in forlorn hope ?
Protest, monetarily & vocally at every opportunity again in forlorn hope ?

It's such a sad & totally avoidable & unnecessary situation that we now find our club in . It Could & should have been oh so different whilst still maintaining strict & sound financial control for the long term security that is also paramount to all concerned .
Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 07:59 - Oct 20 with 1361 viewsCurryman

Good OP Ian. Can't really disagree with any of that, but you have failed to mention the main point, although you skirted around it, we are a cash rich club and the envy of the league, and from what I was told on Saturday will still be here when other clubs have gone.

There are some very good fairy stories, as I remember, by the Brothers Grimm, perhaps we have the family Grimm. Grim in nature and good with fairy stories.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 08:37 - Oct 20 with 1348 viewscrewcut

The Oyston's are running a successful family business and may leave eventually but the arrogant stubbornness of Karl and co prevails and they are not in any hurry.

The family treasure seems to be well protected in a pyramid of companies. If anybody was interested in pursuing the Oyston's for any perceived financial impropriety they would have a damn hard job discovering anything. The O's have had years of practice in such matters.

On a personal note I would feel angry if they did leave because that would be it for any possibility in a change of policy and a reloading of ambition for our historic club..

Of course that is a highly unlikely prospect and the eventual leaving will come when the club has been run down to an empty shell.
Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 09:48 - Oct 20 with 1319 viewsFountain

A short reply to the OP.

The exit theory is one I subscribe to for many reasons with the main one being that after this season there will be nothing left to take from the Club; no more 'free money'. In fact you could go further by saying they would have to net spend money next season because of the advance ST sales.

They have an asset worth, maybe £20m (rough and ready), that will not provide them with money, especially when the NHS ships, so what do they do? the obvious answer would have been to see this coming and invest in the team, thereby keeping income streams up, but as we know they have no interest in the team.

So next season they will have no money and no interest. That seems to me to be a perfect recipe to realise the assets you can.

Relegation looks odds on, or does it? face value yes and this is something KO would welcome because it would mean less net spend and a black hole of investment as far as the fans are concerned (we have no real idea of the quality required nor the spend so would be tolerant to an extent). On the other hand, cast your mind back to Jan '06 and The Great January Transfer Storm that saw us bring in 15 players and so survive. It was no coincidence that BFC was finalising the VB investment at that time and that hinged on divisional status. The same could happen again.

Another scenario that I've mentioned before is the VB one. If he does go to court and wins (or looks likely too) then The O's would have to pay him. Do they dig deep to pay him or do they trade the 'asset' and walk? I know which I'd do. VB of course would not want to lose so he would then sell part to ready made buyers so he'd recoup his £7+m.

Thrown in the rumour of the TG plans( O will never build it, plans are to aid any sale) and you have some tasty conditions to sell.

Meanwhile the fans need to keep the pressure up from inside the ground and that invoves stay aways coming back imo.

Oops, longer that I intended.

slap me on the patio

Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 10:27 - Oct 20 with 1300 viewsArchibaldKnox

A lot of fans will encourage the Os to leave by withholding their money from next season onwards. Another 2000 down I would say. And maybe more if, or rather once, relegated. But that could result in a downward spiral if Koko simply decreases the playing budget. Even he could see that the club's value would also fall in line. So, surely, far better to sell sooner rather than later. Depends on how strong Koko's FU mode is. They really don't understand tolerance, reasonableness or compromise, do they? So as business strategists they are very limited. They only really had luck on their side for a little while, but they managed to drive that out.
Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 08:58 - Oct 21 with 1182 viewsMr_Brightside

Oystons Exit policy ... really ?? on 10:27 - Oct 20 by ArchibaldKnox

A lot of fans will encourage the Os to leave by withholding their money from next season onwards. Another 2000 down I would say. And maybe more if, or rather once, relegated. But that could result in a downward spiral if Koko simply decreases the playing budget. Even he could see that the club's value would also fall in line. So, surely, far better to sell sooner rather than later. Depends on how strong Koko's FU mode is. They really don't understand tolerance, reasonableness or compromise, do they? So as business strategists they are very limited. They only really had luck on their side for a little while, but they managed to drive that out.

Beds - he's been a lucky Chairman - Hendry aside - and found people who've brought success on the pitch so that he could get on with stuff behind the scenes largely unnoticed.

Since Appleton we have been so bad on the pitch the Spotlight is on him and he's like a rabbit stuck in headlights because he's not a football man and genuinely doesn't know what to do. Add to that his cumbersome manner and the backdrop to the Prem money and he's in trouble.

Only a bit of success on the pitch can change things and I can't really see much changing there.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024