Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lost against Leicster 13:03 - Oct 21 with 1528 viewsMrSwan

If we lost against Leicester would everyone still be saying, 'its ok we beat Man Utd, Burnley and West Brom' so everything is absolutely fantastic and we should be nothing but positive'?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

If we lost against Leicster on 13:26 - Oct 21 with 1470 viewsdan_swansea

No but if we beat Leicester this board won't be full of negative a***holes slagging our club off. They only come on here when we lose, it probably makes their week.

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

If we lost against Leicster on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 1457 viewsscottishjack

First off, let's all remember that we have no right whatsoever to just expect to beat Leicester! They are newly promoted and have 9 points from 8 games, not a bad return at all. I watched their 5-3 win over Man Utd and they looked like they might score every time they attacked, Saturday wont be easy.

For me, I want to see us perform for 90 minutes, not 45... If we perform like I think we can, for a whole game of football then I'll be happier (win, lose or draw), if we take the lead 5 minutes in and then sit back to defend our lead and invite Leicester to try and break us down, I will be joining in with the moaning.
If we lost against Leicster on 13:34 - Oct 21 with 1445 viewsSpratty

If we lost against Leicster on 13:29 - Oct 21 by scottishjack

First off, let's all remember that we have no right whatsoever to just expect to beat Leicester! They are newly promoted and have 9 points from 8 games, not a bad return at all. I watched their 5-3 win over Man Utd and they looked like they might score every time they attacked, Saturday wont be easy.

For me, I want to see us perform for 90 minutes, not 45... If we perform like I think we can, for a whole game of football then I'll be happier (win, lose or draw), if we take the lead 5 minutes in and then sit back to defend our lead and invite Leicester to try and break us down, I will be joining in with the moaning.

Totally agree
If we lost against Leicster on 13:39 - Oct 21 with 1421 viewsLeonisGod

I'm hoping their bubble has burst. They were pretty dire at the weekend by all accounts. If not quite 'expecting' to beat them, we should be very confident. Not because they are who they are, but because we're at home and I'd like to think we go into every home match believing we can win it. Big performance is certainly needed to get some whingers back on-side.
If we lost against Leicster on 13:46 - Oct 21 with 1395 viewsSpratty

If we lost against Leicster on 13:26 - Oct 21 by dan_swansea

No but if we beat Leicester this board won't be full of negative a***holes slagging our club off. They only come on here when we lose, it probably makes their week.

If all you can do is slag off other supporters for their opinions / concerns then perhaps it is you being negative

Perhaps you just do not notice the positive posts and just want the out regardless of any concerns - like they did on the Titanic.

And no I am not comparing our current position with the sinking of the Titanic - just the concept that timely resolution of issues (rather than ignoring them) saves major problems later. As someone once said it would be a waste of time employing anyone who just agreed with you all the time.
If we lost against Leicster on 14:04 - Oct 21 with 1356 viewsLesTah

I come in peace.

Given the start we had, 9 points from 8 games is pretty good, and the result against Man Utd was fantastic but......in our last three games we have been at the very best average. Whilst no one is hitting the panic button, the optimism of a month ago has faded somewhat.

With the football you can play, at home, not having not won in 5, coupled with our reputation of helping out teams looking for a win, I'm not that confident.
If we lost against Leicster on 14:13 - Oct 21 with 1338 viewsMrSwan

Does anyone think we could lose on the weekend and grab 6 points from the Everton, Arsenal and City games? Realistic i would like us to get a result this weekend be it 1 nil or 100 nil then beat Liverpool in the cup i would be happy then with 2 - 3 points from the 3 harder games.

If we lost against Leicster on 14:31 - Oct 21 with 1305 viewsGlyn1

We're currently a couple of points above where we were last season. We should beat Leicester on Saturday, even though there are no guarantees, and that would give us a third of the points that we need to avoid relegation (14 / 42). We are then expected to lose our next three matches (because those teams beat us last year) but any point that we pick up from them will be a nice bonus.

So I certainly think that a win in the Cup against Liverpool is more important for us than a win against Leicester, because a good Cup run will give us something to look forward to in January and February when we'll be safe in the middle of the table with nothing else to look forward to. We're in a marathon not a sprint, and any stumble against Leicester can be made up for later on.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 14:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

If we lost against Leicster on 16:07 - Oct 21 with 1222 viewsScoobyWho

You can be three goals up against a side like Leicester and they don't know they are beaten. Thats the big difference between us and them at the moment.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

If we lost against Leicster on 16:26 - Oct 21 with 1189 viewsAnotherJohn

I felt concerned when some posters suggested that our three wins meant we were safe already. Anything less than a win against Leicester will stir thoughts of Blackpool etcetera in years gone by and how this is a very unforgiving league once a team is on a bad run.
If we lost against Leicster on 16:34 - Oct 21 with 1180 viewsMrSwan

If we lost against Leicster on 16:26 - Oct 21 by AnotherJohn

I felt concerned when some posters suggested that our three wins meant we were safe already. Anything less than a win against Leicester will stir thoughts of Blackpool etcetera in years gone by and how this is a very unforgiving league once a team is on a bad run.

thats 5 gmaes we have had bad form now by law of average we must be dues a few wins

If we lost against Leicster on 16:47 - Oct 21 with 1165 viewswestside

get focused.
keep eleven players on the pitch and cut out the soft cards.
stop giving away stupid penalties.
keep the ball and stop these hopefull chips and headers up field giving the ball away and inviting the opposition onto our defence.
players need to work harder.
defence needs to get organised.
monk needed to stop moaning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024