Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required 19:26 - Oct 27 with 983 viewsSwanzay

To my horror my father 'won' a bid for a new bath shower combo suite over the weekend, one of these 'more than 10' available. Anyway I really don't think this particular model is practical for a man in his 70s.
Is it possible for him to send the company involved an email to cancel the order (he hasn't send any payment yet and Ive told him not too. Or what is the legal standing on 'winning' a bid on ebay?

Thanks in advance
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 19:32 - Oct 27 with 966 viewsmikecranleigh

How are you receiving delivery?
On internet shopping you are allowed a 7 day cooling off period to return the item,though check their return criteria first.
hope this helps
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 19:42 - Oct 27 with 943 viewsSwanzay

He hasn't made payment yet, but they will would have delivered to him for an additional charge.
My main concern is that every time he wanted a shower he would have to step over the bath edge into the basin, which doesn't get easier the older you get.
I want him to get a separate shower cubicle and bath.
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 19:58 - Oct 27 with 908 viewsjunior_jack

Explain the situation to seller, they would be an arse not to understand especially as they're selling multiples of the same item. The worst case scenario is that the seller reports no payment and ebay issues you an 'unpaid item strike'. You're allowed approximately 3 a year before your account becomes suspended for a short period. Ebay usually falls on the buyer’s side because without them they would be in shit creek.
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:02 - Oct 27 with 902 viewsSwanzay

Thank you Junior!
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:08 - Oct 27 with 886 viewsnantywatcher

The worst that can happen is you get one negative feedback, which will not affect how regular Ebayers view you. Let the buyer know the truth, if it's a multiple piece of stock they won't give a toss.
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:25 - Oct 27 with 859 viewsswanny

Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:08 - Oct 27 by nantywatcher

The worst that can happen is you get one negative feedback, which will not affect how regular Ebayers view you. Let the buyer know the truth, if it's a multiple piece of stock they won't give a toss.

No worries - just explain that you're not able to go through with the sale - it'll be ok

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:27 - Oct 27 with 853 viewsSwanzay

Thanks all!
Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 20:45 - Oct 27 with 824 viewsorion3016

Any reputable seller especially a trading business which seems like in this case will just allow you to " contact buyer" from sale screen and cancel purchase

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Winning a bid on Ebay, help required on 21:11 - Oct 27 with 790 viewsItchySphincter

Just do fug all. It's not legally binding and they're not going to send the bailiffs around. Worst that can happen is that they'll call you a time waster, which is pretty fair.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024