Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where do you start? 22:51 - Nov 1 with 3227 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's hard to convey to anyone who wasn't there how abject that was today. In some games we have at least started brightly before fading, but there was no sign of us doing so today.

we were sluggish from the off, didn't move the ball anywhere near quickly enough, had little or no width and weren't capable of getting in behind them. When they had the ball, we were so weak in midfield that it beggared belief. Perkins does tend to divide opinion, but we sorely missed him today.

I am really struggling to find any positives - I thought Daniels played well, and Ranger tried hard to little avail. Aside from that, I can hardly think of anything.

The first goal looked suspiciously offside, although there wasn't much of a protest, and the second is a product of really naive defending which, to be fair, we haven't been guilty of all that often. In the end, they won at a canter having played pretty poorly themselves. It was a wretched match.

At least Clark is under no illusions about the size of the task he faces. I'll be amazed if we don't see some new faces this week. We need them.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

where do you start? on 16:20 - Nov 2 with 597 viewsfamousgrouse

where do you start? on 14:38 - Nov 2 by Osbourne

Southshorepool,
Yes I agree with you. It was a great pity that Perkins was out suspended and Cubero still injured. Mr Clark then had limited options in midfield. Lundstram and McMahon centrally and Oriol and Delfouneso wider, tried to win the midfield battle with Ipswich, but Ipswich kept the ball down better than us and they had any luck that was going. Ipswich's first goal was the result of a miss cue. Their 2nd goal though was good. Great work was it from Bishop? Whoever it was, came in beautifully from Ipswich's right, cut the ball back inch perfect for Murphy to score. Bishop? could easily of had a penalty if a tackle had gone in - which it didn't!

Nile Ranger had his chance, teed up by Miller who crosses well from the left, but Nile couldn't take it. I think that Ranger should be given his chance though as he could score goals and is great fun! Tuck your shirt in Nile and for goodness sake, someone give him a pair of shorts that fit!

O for a Liam Brady type figure in central midfield to open defences up!

Lee Clark needs to get thinking quickly now, he will of learnt a lot from Saturday.
As I have said already in various posts. I think that he can sort it out. Pool fans should give him a chance because Championship football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16 is, how shall I say it......................................................................ESSENTIAL!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 14:39]

How anyone can criticise the manager after 48 hours in charge for yesterday's performance amazes me. I suspect that much input came from Noel Blake and the senior professionals as from anywhere else. The worst thing about the game was the body language of the players - it didn't look good at all and you felt that heads had gone down as soon as they scored. Again a decent chance in the first half, and also almost the "own goal of the season " it could have been so different.

I have always thought that Joan Oriol would be better in front of the back four and was pleased to see that selection, however, the "rookie" left back struggled with fitness and was caught out a couple of times. Midfield is a disaster with Lundstrum and McMahon, and I thought Daniels did not feature as well at full back this week. We are sadly lacking creativity in midfield and pace up front (although Blackman after his introduction showed he had a something different to offer).

Ranger and Miller up front is not a good match and I was surprised Zoko was not preferred to one or the other, especially when he came on as substitute. We desperately need a "fox in the box" type of player to pick up some of the chances inside the 6 yard box.

Fulham this week becomes a game we cannot afford to lose, so I hope we can find a new face or two to give us all a lift.
where do you start? on 16:25 - Nov 2 with 592 viewsFountain

where do you start? on 16:20 - Nov 2 by famousgrouse

How anyone can criticise the manager after 48 hours in charge for yesterday's performance amazes me. I suspect that much input came from Noel Blake and the senior professionals as from anywhere else. The worst thing about the game was the body language of the players - it didn't look good at all and you felt that heads had gone down as soon as they scored. Again a decent chance in the first half, and also almost the "own goal of the season " it could have been so different.

I have always thought that Joan Oriol would be better in front of the back four and was pleased to see that selection, however, the "rookie" left back struggled with fitness and was caught out a couple of times. Midfield is a disaster with Lundstrum and McMahon, and I thought Daniels did not feature as well at full back this week. We are sadly lacking creativity in midfield and pace up front (although Blackman after his introduction showed he had a something different to offer).

Ranger and Miller up front is not a good match and I was surprised Zoko was not preferred to one or the other, especially when he came on as substitute. We desperately need a "fox in the box" type of player to pick up some of the chances inside the 6 yard box.

Fulham this week becomes a game we cannot afford to lose, so I hope we can find a new face or two to give us all a lift.

I posted on another thread about Blake. He was hardly visible and cut a lonely figure just like Thommo did under Ince. For that reason I don't think he had much input with selection.

My guess he'll leave this week.

slap me on the patio

where do you start? on 16:39 - Nov 2 with 574 viewsSince1967

'I'll be amazed if we don't see some new faces this week'

Robbie,I'm assume you are new to supporting Blackpool? We have a Chairman who will promise new players but a) offers them £90 per week or b) they realise what a cowboy set up he runs and they won't come.

When you have been on the boards for a while you will realise there is only a small and reducing number of deluded fools who think Karl will spend any money to support a manager
where do you start? on 16:52 - Nov 2 with 554 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

where do you start? on 16:39 - Nov 2 by Since1967

'I'll be amazed if we don't see some new faces this week'

Robbie,I'm assume you are new to supporting Blackpool? We have a Chairman who will promise new players but a) offers them £90 per week or b) they realise what a cowboy set up he runs and they won't come.

When you have been on the boards for a while you will realise there is only a small and reducing number of deluded fools who think Karl will spend any money to support a manager

since1967

yes, I am relatively new to following the 'Pool ; "since1968" in fact.

I didn't mention spending money actually, although I guess loans won't come for free. But as you raised the subject, I expect Clark will be given money to spend in January. And not out of hopefulness either. I think it will suit the chairman's purposes to do so, actually.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

where do you start? on 17:34 - Nov 2 with 524 viewsscu70

where do you start? on 16:52 - Nov 2 by basilrobbiereborn

since1967

I didn't mention spending money actually, although I guess loans won't come for free. But as you raised the subject, I expect Clark will be given money to spend in January. And not out of hopefulness either. I think it will suit the chairman's purposes to do so, actually.

Can't see Karl backing Lee Clark whatsoever.i don't class a few loans as backing a manager.January will come and go without money being spent.its too late money should have been made available at the start of the season.it wasn't and that's why we are in the position we are.
where do you start? on 17:35 - Nov 2 with 522 viewsPlumbs

where do you start? on 16:52 - Nov 2 by basilrobbiereborn

since1967

Quality of support is everything.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

where do you start? on 17:58 - Nov 2 with 505 viewsmoney_money_money

where do you start? on 17:35 - Nov 2 by Plumbs

Quality of support is everything.

There wil be no money spent in January , anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to give his head a shake. We might have another manager by then though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024