Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Africa Cup of Nations 19:35 - Dec 3 with 566 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I must say I'm looking forward to this now - it was really good in 2013. They've just done the draw for the finals, as follows :

Group A

Equatorial Guinea, Congo, Gabon, Burkina Faso

Looks a good draw for BF that ; probably the weakest group of the four.

Group B

Zambia, DR Congo, Cape Verde, Tunisia

Much stronger on paper, as many fancy Zambia to win the whole thing. I thought CV looked a good side in the making two years ago and Tunisia will be no mugs.

Group C

Ghana, Senegal, South Africa, Algeria

The Group of Death - it's amazing how there always seems to be one.

Group D

Ivory Coast, Guinea, Cameroon, Mali

Good draw for the Ivorians, they ought to get through that. I don't know anything about Guinea and Mali, except that Dicko plays for the latter and presumably therefore will be unavailable when we face Wolves.

Starts on 17 January.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:21 - Dec 4 with 508 viewscheshire_tangerine

Looking forward to it too.

I'd agree that Group A looks quite weak. Guinea are only in the tournament as they stepped in in the last minute to replace Morocco and I cant see them doing much. BF have a decent side and Congo finished runners up to South Africa in qualification in a group that saw holders Nigeria eliminated. I'd go with BF and Congo from this group. But don't write Gabon off they actually finished ahead of BF in qualification taking 4 points off them

Group B is difficult to call. Zambia have a decent side but finished below Cape Verde in qualification and I think Tunisia will be one of the tournaments stronger sides. Im going with Tunisia and Zambia from this group.

Group C as you say is very tough with all four teams quite decent. South afrca are probably the weakest team in the group but if they were in another group, say group A they would be group favourites. Toss up for second spot between Ghana and Senegal, Im going with Ghana . Algeria will top the group. Hasn't Avram grant just taken over at Ghana?

Group D

I think Ivory Coast and Cameroon will come through this group. they qualified together with Cameroon coming out on top.

My choice of tournament winners Algeria.
Africa Cup of Nations on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 497 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:21 - Dec 4 by cheshire_tangerine

Looking forward to it too.

I'd agree that Group A looks quite weak. Guinea are only in the tournament as they stepped in in the last minute to replace Morocco and I cant see them doing much. BF have a decent side and Congo finished runners up to South Africa in qualification in a group that saw holders Nigeria eliminated. I'd go with BF and Congo from this group. But don't write Gabon off they actually finished ahead of BF in qualification taking 4 points off them

Group B is difficult to call. Zambia have a decent side but finished below Cape Verde in qualification and I think Tunisia will be one of the tournaments stronger sides. Im going with Tunisia and Zambia from this group.

Group C as you say is very tough with all four teams quite decent. South afrca are probably the weakest team in the group but if they were in another group, say group A they would be group favourites. Toss up for second spot between Ghana and Senegal, Im going with Ghana . Algeria will top the group. Hasn't Avram grant just taken over at Ghana?

Group D

I think Ivory Coast and Cameroon will come through this group. they qualified together with Cameroon coming out on top.

My choice of tournament winners Algeria.

Good stuff CT.

Grant has just taken over at Ghana, and I read somewhere that they are missing a couple of key players, so I think they have a lot to do.

In general :

Group A - agree with you about EG, they will probably finish bottom. I'd go for BF and Gabon getting through, but it will be tight.

Group B - again, agree with you this is difficult. I liked Cape Verde a couple of years ago, but whether they are still as good remains to be seen. I think you are on safer ground preferring Tunisia and I think Zambia are a real contender so will go for those two going through as well.

Group C - again, I think you are bang on about the Saffers, but I think Ghana might struggle. Algeria and Senegal for me, but this is a hell of a tough group to call.

Group D - history favours your two picks and I think I tend to agree that they should make it. It will be interesting to see how Mali do though.

I think you can make a case for six or seven teams winning it, but if Algeria are anything like they were at the WC they will be worthy favourites. I think Zambia could be the best of the rest, but Burkina Faso could also give people a decent run for their money at a reasonable price.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Africa Cup of Nations on 13:26 - Dec 4 with 467 viewsArchibaldKnox

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:49 - Dec 4 by basilrobbiereborn

Good stuff CT.

Grant has just taken over at Ghana, and I read somewhere that they are missing a couple of key players, so I think they have a lot to do.

In general :

Group A - agree with you about EG, they will probably finish bottom. I'd go for BF and Gabon getting through, but it will be tight.

Group B - again, agree with you this is difficult. I liked Cape Verde a couple of years ago, but whether they are still as good remains to be seen. I think you are on safer ground preferring Tunisia and I think Zambia are a real contender so will go for those two going through as well.

Group C - again, I think you are bang on about the Saffers, but I think Ghana might struggle. Algeria and Senegal for me, but this is a hell of a tough group to call.

Group D - history favours your two picks and I think I tend to agree that they should make it. It will be interesting to see how Mali do though.

I think you can make a case for six or seven teams winning it, but if Algeria are anything like they were at the WC they will be worthy favourites. I think Zambia could be the best of the rest, but Burkina Faso could also give people a decent run for their money at a reasonable price.

Many, many years ago, when travelling around Kenya I met a middle-aged Kenyan chap who had played for the University of Nairobi first XI. We got talking about football and I mentioned I supported Blackpool. At that, he became very effusive, singing the praises of Sir Stan Matthews and how he had spent a week at a SM training camp in Nairobi in the 50's and had learnt so much about the skills of the game and maintaining fitness. Quite humbling to hear all about it. And it was apparently all done for free. SM used to go over to Kenya for quite a few summers then.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024