Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? 18:30 - Jan 21 with 878 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Only failed on traffic and night time noise. Nothing on it being dangerous to the earth's crust and water supplies. Can see it being approved soon.

I bet holiday makers can't wait to see those burning towers as they come down the M55 for their hols. They'll be off to Stanlow the year after no doubt.
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 19:16 - Jan 21 with 855 viewsOldSkool

It will go through after an appeal....following the election, naturally.

So predictable.
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 19:21 - Jan 21 with 853 viewsTejas

Earth's Crust? Water supply certainly. Six percent of US fracking wells have leaked benzene into the local water table but the big (as yet unanswered) issue for me is where will they dump all the waste water. This is a massive issue in the US and that's a Country with endless dumping grounds.

It will definitely get approved sooner or later IMHO. The latest slump in oil prices will delay things but not for long.
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 23:01 - Jan 21 with 805 viewsRusty2Stands

It hasn't been rejected yet.
It's been recommended for rejection by the Planning Officers.
That should mean a rubber stamp when it goes to the Councillors.
But stranger things have happened.
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 23:32 - Jan 21 with 791 viewsLimechase

o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 23:01 - Jan 21 by Rusty2Stands

It hasn't been rejected yet.
It's been recommended for rejection by the Planning Officers.
That should mean a rubber stamp when it goes to the Councillors.
But stranger things have happened.

Its a rouse, so Lancashire CC can refuse it, only for it to be overturned on appeal

That way LCC can say, it wasn't us that approved it.

Also if overturned Cudrilla can claim commercial losses against
LCC, or the council tax payers...

Sadly this is what will happen

Do you think they woukd have got this far in Surrey, Hampshire or Berkshire? ?

I'm a Donkey on the Edge!!!.

o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 741 viewsWizaard

o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 19:21 - Jan 21 by Tejas

Earth's Crust? Water supply certainly. Six percent of US fracking wells have leaked benzene into the local water table but the big (as yet unanswered) issue for me is where will they dump all the waste water. This is a massive issue in the US and that's a Country with endless dumping grounds.

It will definitely get approved sooner or later IMHO. The latest slump in oil prices will delay things but not for long.

Blackpool's water supply doesn 't come from the Fylde Coast though. Slaidburn Reservoir. Shouldn't be affected.

Just to put it in context. Not saying fracking is a good thing,
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 13:51 - Jan 23 with 730 viewsscratchingshed

o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 13:19 - Jan 23 by Wizaard

Blackpool's water supply doesn 't come from the Fylde Coast though. Slaidburn Reservoir. Shouldn't be affected.

The people protesting will be the first to moan when natural gas supplies finally run out.
o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 16:12 - Jan 23 with 710 viewsTejas

o/t - Is the Fracking decision an approval in disguise? on 13:19 - Jan 23 by Wizaard

Wiz - it's not just about drinking water. If you contaminate the water table the fields get polluted and so do the rivers from run-off. However, I personally think they've made enough screw ups in the States to have nailed the issue with pipe sealing. The issue now is where all the contaminated water goes once it's been used and comes back up the pipes. This is really nasty stuff and I'd like to see what the plans are.

I agree that we may have to frack, as much as I dislike it, but it needs to be safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024