Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP 16:23 - Jan 25 with 5213 viewsdanny1953

Copy and pasted off Tangerine Knights facebook

We have been asked to post the following information about a planned demonstration being organized by one fan that will take place before and during the home game against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday 31st January.

Please note that this not a Tangerine Knights initiative, however as we always encourage fans to take action, we are posting this here for your information.

Any further details we receive about this we will of course update as soon as we get it.

-------------------------------------------

PROTEST AT THE BRIGHTON GAME, SATURDAY 31ST JANUARY

In response to the latest goings on at Blackpool FC, texts and suing fans, in addition to the poor running of our club. I have decided to arrange the following demonstration to show our continued contempt and anger at the Oyston family.

The basic plan is to meet outside the ground from around 2.30pm on 31st January

Obviously OFF land owned by the club and without blocking public right of way. I plan to remain outside the ground for the full length of the Brighton match, this will be an indirect "boycott" as instead of paying to get in we will be outside. It will be a visual boycott, as obviously, we will be seen.

I would like as many people to bring their own banners, scarves and other "Oyston Out" items.

I am hoping for a good turn out as the date and time has been tweeted and re-tweeted many times to around 5-6k followers, I hope for between 5-10% turn out that would be amazing.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their support and interest in this demonstration. If we as fans can stick together through these bad times, when things finally improve we will have a loyal and connected fan-base, we will get to know each other and for some may even become friends. But more importantly, these visual and vocal demonstrations will place increasing pressure on the Oyston family.

Thank you all once again.
Lee

Teams who receive parachute payments have an unfair advantage - Karl Oyston 2008?

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 984 viewsTejas

Well done Lee, the best protest yet. Oyston disgraced himself again with "that" number plate. I spoke to some stewards and even they think he's going too far.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 979 viewsscratchingshed

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:25 - Jan 31 by balanced_view

Well done Lee, the lack of support on here was not reflected in the numbers there today.

Admirable of you to try your best on all the forums, regardless of their attitudes towards protestors or the oyston family.

By far the biggest and best demo to date well done to all who attended, long may it continue.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:00 - Jan 31 with 962 viewsribble

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:37 - Jan 31 by scratchingshed

By far the biggest and best demo to date well done to all who attended, long may it continue.

How many were there?
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:26 - Jan 31 with 943 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:00 - Jan 31 by ribble

How many were there?

1000 according to North West news ,the local bog paper said 300.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:39 - Jan 31 with 920 viewsWizaard

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:25 - Jan 31 by balanced_view

Well done Lee, the lack of support on here was not reflected in the numbers there today.

Admirable of you to try your best on all the forums, regardless of their attitudes towards protestors or the oyston family.

Nice little dig there. Unnecessary given that close to 1000 people have read what's going on.

Before the game I would have said that maybe 800-900 were outside, joined by substantial numbers calling in as they went into the ground. At one stage I thought they were getting into the West Reception but were just held out. Oyston was brazen in drawing the blinds back to get a full view. He really can't help himself in antagonising.

Friends of mine made a 180 mile round trip only to stay outside. Not sure I could do that, but I admire the resolve.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:52 - Jan 31 with 911 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:39 - Jan 31 by Wizaard

Nice little dig there. Unnecessary given that close to 1000 people have read what's going on.

Before the game I would have said that maybe 800-900 were outside, joined by substantial numbers calling in as they went into the ground. At one stage I thought they were getting into the West Reception but were just held out. Oyston was brazen in drawing the blinds back to get a full view. He really can't help himself in antagonising.

Friends of mine made a 180 mile round trip only to stay outside. Not sure I could do that, but I admire the resolve.

Wiz its a shame it has come to this ,there is nothing better than being united and supporting the team ,but I feel this aint my team anymore.Sorry thats the way it is .
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 21:19 - Jan 31 with 902 viewsolneyseasider

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:52 - Jan 31 by West_Stand_Ultra

Wiz its a shame it has come to this ,there is nothing better than being united and supporting the team ,but I feel this aint my team anymore.Sorry thats the way it is .

Never mind. Put a smile on your face and listen to the song on the other thread.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 22:44 - Jan 31 with 889 viewsLeeJCP

really pleased with the turn out BBC reporting 1000+ the best so far this can really take out club to the next phase watch this space and watch TK FB page for future initiatives

GREAT SUPPORT FROM THE BRIGHTON FANS THANK YOU!!

OYSTON OUT!!
Login to get fewer ads

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 10:10 - Feb 1 with 845 viewsOdinsRaven

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 22:44 - Jan 31 by LeeJCP

really pleased with the turn out BBC reporting 1000+ the best so far this can really take out club to the next phase watch this space and watch TK FB page for future initiatives

GREAT SUPPORT FROM THE BRIGHTON FANS THANK YOU!!

OYSTON OUT!!

We were probably one notch away from breaking the reception defences. It only needed an extra notch of tension and it would have been all out chaos upstairs in the demons lair. I'm quite glad we didn't though as I was getting caught up in the tension and possibly that extra step would have led to serious activities and arrests...

It was a bl00dy rush though. Couldn't breathe when the smoke bomb went off. Had to come home for an afternoon nap after once the adrenaline subsided
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 845 viewsLeeJCP

thanks to everyone who turned out, one small battle in what will be a long war.

I am sure yesterday made an impact, which was only possible to the great number we had there congratulations to everyone for making this one count!!

And I know it has been said a lot already but maximum respect to Brighton fans for supporting us... Unbelievable!! hats of Ladies and Gents

OYSTONS OUT OYSTONS OUT!!!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 10:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024