Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press conference. 10:11 - Feb 6 with 13120 viewsBerkoRanger

No where near good enough. Didn't hear "It's hard, it's difficult"

Seriously though, what a pleasure to see someone smiling, happy and confident!

Well done Chris.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 10:14]
Press conference. on 13:22 - Feb 6 with 2900 viewskropotkin41

Very good. Straightforward. Refreshing. He also mentioned flair players.............. I don't think Redknapp said anything about us having flair players in all the time he was manager.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Press conference. on 13:25 - Feb 6 with 2896 viewseccles

I'm as glad to see a new face in these pressers as anyone, and as its the first time he's had to face the press I'll give him a break, but, I hope they sort out who's actually in charge for the game tomorrow.
Asked about if they wanted to change tactics or formation during the game, who would make that decision the answer was .....me.....I think.
Asked about Zarates fitness.... I don't know I've not seen him.
OK, he's only been in this position about ten minutes, so I'm not going to get on his back (somebody had to face the cameras) but we've got 3 vital points to get tomorrow, and another 3 on Tuesday. Every ship needs a captain
Press conference. on 13:49 - Feb 6 with 2817 viewsCorbyQPR

My team would be:

--------------------------Green--------------------------
Isla----------Caulker--------Dunne-------------Yun
------------------Henry------Barton-------------------
-----------Vargas------Fer--------Taarabt----------
-------------------------Austin---------------------------

I bet Southampton are wishing the change was next week, we could see a real positive response..
Press conference. on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 2805 viewsPinnerPaul

Press conference. on 13:49 - Feb 6 by CorbyQPR

My team would be:

--------------------------Green--------------------------
Isla----------Caulker--------Dunne-------------Yun
------------------Henry------Barton-------------------
-----------Vargas------Fer--------Taarabt----------
-------------------------Austin---------------------------

I bet Southampton are wishing the change was next week, we could see a real positive response..

Ned for Caulker and I'm with you.
Press conference. on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 2788 viewsHunterhoop

Press conference. on 13:51 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Ned for Caulker and I'm with you.

Agree.

Remarkable, almost everyone has picked the same side (assuming Sandro is still injured - and if he's not, playing him instead of Barton).

In this post Redknapp haze, we're all coming together in an aroma of agreement.

How lovely.
Press conference. on 13:57 - Feb 6 with 2783 viewsquickpassrotter

Press conference. on 11:15 - Feb 6 by Phildo

Any news on Gareth Bale?

He's on the bench. Can't make the starting eleven.
Press conference. on 14:03 - Feb 6 with 2761 views08olesen

I just want to see Adel run the show. Would like to see Fer play in the middle, but he needs to be solid in the tackles, and that is something he does not seem to be.

Give it a good go, and the support will be there.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Press conference. on 14:03 - Feb 6 with 2758 viewsCamberleyR

Press conference. on 11:15 - Feb 6 by Phildo

Any news on Gareth Bale?

Definitely NOT being loaned to Nottingham Forest.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Press conference. on 14:12 - Feb 6 with 2732 viewsSimonJames

Press conference. on 13:25 - Feb 6 by eccles

I'm as glad to see a new face in these pressers as anyone, and as its the first time he's had to face the press I'll give him a break, but, I hope they sort out who's actually in charge for the game tomorrow.
Asked about if they wanted to change tactics or formation during the game, who would make that decision the answer was .....me.....I think.
OK, he's only been in this position about ten minutes, so I'm not going to get on his back (somebody had to face the cameras) but we've got 3 vital points to get tomorrow, and another 3 on Tuesday. Every ship needs a captain

I think he was just being polite re decision making. I doubt Bond has any the final say on anything now.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Press conference. on 15:22 - Feb 6 with 2619 viewsTrance_Trousers

Who ever we put out, we need to attack their right hand side. Bertrand suspended and Ellia who did`nt appear to like tracking back, might just give us an opening.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Press conference. on 15:24 - Feb 6 with 2612 viewsQPunkR

Press conference. on 15:22 - Feb 6 by Trance_Trousers

Who ever we put out, we need to attack their right hand side. Bertrand suspended and Ellia who did`nt appear to like tracking back, might just give us an opening.

Targett isn't a bad understudy though, tbf

QPR - "shit but local"

Press conference. on 15:25 - Feb 6 with 2610 viewsPhilmyRs

For all the excitement of a new era and team selection, there are some major limitations to our side. We have players reliant on service, but nobody capable of providing that service. Even the most skilful and talented player (Adel), thrived when we had a centre midfielder (Faurlin), with the class and vision to pick him out. Someone capable of finding a player between the lines. Give Adel the ball in good areas and he’ll hurt teams, hit 50 yarders to his head or give him the ball when he’s surrounded and you risk losing the ball and increasing Adel’s temper in the process.

We do not have a centre midfielder capable of doing this, not one. Faurlin could, Mutch was the big hope, and now we have neither. A passing midfielder binds the team together, they encourage the Islas and Yuns to bomb on. They deliver quick accurate switches of play, getting our wide men 1 on 1 with their full back, and as said, they can find our most potent threat with a reverse ball in between the lines. We have moments in games where Barton finally gets one right, or Henry comes out his comfort zone and you can see the difference it makes — switch to Isla, first time to Vargas, Isla on the overlap, space to run onto, crossing opportunity for Austin. It’s just we don’t do it enough.

I like the noises coming from the new set-up, I like the involvement of the younger players, I love seeing Adel back in the mix, but I think the lack of composure in the middle of the park will cost us. It will be a 60/40 (at least) possession split tomorrow, we won’t have much of the ball, do we really want to start the game with no target man to at least make life difficult for Southampton’s defenders?

My preferred formation would be very similar to what everyone else seems to think — 4-3-3 — but when I see Barton and Henry as the only options in the middle of the park, I see the need for Bobby, and I see the need to sacrifice footballing beauty for ugly efficiency.
Press conference. on 15:38 - Feb 6 with 2568 viewsBrightonhoop

Supporters need to be 12th man tomorrow.
Press conference. on 16:22 - Feb 6 with 2483 viewsithastogetbetter

maybe, just maybe, 11 professional athletes will be sent out onto a patch of grass with A PLAN and then have the ability to implement it. Wouldn't that be a nice change.

U RRRRs
Press conference. on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 2470 viewsdanehoop

Press conference. on 16:22 - Feb 6 by ithastogetbetter

maybe, just maybe, 11 professional athletes will be sent out onto a patch of grass with A PLAN and then have the ability to implement it. Wouldn't that be a nice change.

U RRRRs

And where are we going to find 11 professional athletes from on a Friday afternoon?

Never knowingly understood

Press conference. on 16:31 - Feb 6 with 2154 viewsmacclesfieldman

Like the team but would have Dunne iso Anouha

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Press conference. on 17:30 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsFDC

DP
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 17:32]
Press conference. on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsFDC

It's a temporary appointment innit. They've not worried too hard about that because they don't expect to be there very long
Press conference. on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 1937 viewsPinnerPaul

Press conference. on 17:31 - Feb 6 by FDC

It's a temporary appointment innit. They've not worried too hard about that because they don't expect to be there very long

Well Ramsey will be if Tim takes over!

One final word on the press conference.

Usual idiot cliche from the floor "QPR have a very small squad"

Nope we don't - we have 25 LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

As Chris quite rightly said when asked about "unhappy" players - its the same at every club - squad of 25, only 11 can start = "unhappy players"

Well said that man!
Press conference. on 20:13 - Feb 6 with 1905 viewsDoughnut

Sounds the business to me. Give him a go. If he can get this lot into a good squad that ATTACKS and has a go at winning the match, he'll do nicely. If not, then move on.
Press conference. on 01:16 - Feb 7 with 1770 viewsBklynRanger

Like DaveB said, the questions were actually better than usual weeks - who was that pundit at the start? He seemed almost intelligent. I suppose they've been so used to getting lulled into Harry's dreamworld of predictable answers.

I liked him though. Straightforward, humble almost to a fault. I hope he has a day to remember, and then one fixture after that and one more after that. (Obviously I do, that would be between 7 and 9 points give or take).

There's also the 13 page thread comment to be made that it's nice to see a black fella in charge for a change when you look at the entire rest of football and its bizarre lack of representation.
Press conference. on 05:07 - Feb 7 with 1738 viewsBrisbaneR

I've just watched that to see a pretty likeable bloke answering questions honestly, and I find that this makes me feel ridiculously happy and hopeful about the rest of the season.
Is it me that is hopelessly naive or had I my expectations sunk so low that they can be turned around by something as simple as the truth and a smile....?
Wouldn't it be nice if he was this relaxed and happy after the game...
Press conference. on 07:12 - Feb 7 with 1718 viewsPommyhoop

Press conference. on 01:16 - Feb 7 by BklynRanger

Like DaveB said, the questions were actually better than usual weeks - who was that pundit at the start? He seemed almost intelligent. I suppose they've been so used to getting lulled into Harry's dreamworld of predictable answers.

I liked him though. Straightforward, humble almost to a fault. I hope he has a day to remember, and then one fixture after that and one more after that. (Obviously I do, that would be between 7 and 9 points give or take).

There's also the 13 page thread comment to be made that it's nice to see a black fella in charge for a change when you look at the entire rest of football and its bizarre lack of representation.

I think Ive mentioned before that I seriously think that 'h' must have a press agent who veto's questions before any pressers. A bit like Nixons staff did to David frost for the famous interview which was made into that very good film.I also think that a 'fluff' question has to be slipped in otherwise 'h' will not play ball.Usually its about the young Welsh chimera Bale but last week it was about the goalkeeper Begovic.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Press conference. on 09:03 - Feb 7 with 1672 viewsJamie

Gary 'w.nker' Cotterill lost interest quickly once Arry quit didn't he?....
Press conference. on 09:14 - Feb 7 with 1659 viewsbosh67

Very assured performance that.

Will be interesting to see if the players relax and play their game under him over the weeks ahead. I am not expecting miracles today but I am hoping for more actual football under Chris.

If the club are looking for a head coach and the players take to him, then perhaps daft looking anywhere else. We shall see.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024