Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad 08:22 - Feb 19 with 6735 viewsllangyfelach

Sad to see what this once great forum has become. In all the years I've posted on here I have never known it to be so aggressive, fractious, unpleasant and sad. There isn't a thread on here that doesn't get derailed from the original topic and degenerate into horrendous abuse. Shame really for the people like me, who just like to skim the threads and reply with the odd bit of nonsense. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had an LOL moment on here.

Shame.

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Sad on 08:27 - Feb 19 with 2926 viewsSwansNZ

Totally agree with you.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Sad on 08:30 - Feb 19 with 2916 viewsLeonisGod

Agree too. It's the most petty of any boards I look at regularly. Although I'm sure there are worse.
Sad on 09:09 - Feb 19 with 2873 viewsApeShit

100% agree.
Sad on 09:12 - Feb 19 with 2871 viewsepaul

bang on the money mart, I might have always posted b*llux but cant even be bothered to post it anymore

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Sad on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 2843 viewsmonmouth

Sad on 09:12 - Feb 19 by epaul

bang on the money mart, I might have always posted b*llux but cant even be bothered to post it anymore

Quite a few good posters don't post much or at all any more. Top of head...Clasie, Rancid, FOAJP, Jackhunt, WoB, and old 'c*ntpipe, obviously. Plus others I've missed. People that you know are worth reading whatever they write. That leaves space for the real psychos to fill, plus numpties like me, and I'm fast running out of steam. The site is worse for it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sad on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 2840 viewsMusical_Swan

Finding it hard to read, let alone post at the moment. Some real cringeworthy stuff on here these days.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Sad on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 2829 viewsjacksfullaces

Sad on 08:30 - Feb 19 by LeonisGod

Agree too. It's the most petty of any boards I look at regularly. Although I'm sure there are worse.

wouldn't mind doing a comparison - lets list some worse ones?

interested to see if its the internet or the swans that corrupt :)

spent too much time on here over the last few days but am strangely drawn to the soap opera - that's about as real as most of it is. (along with a few of the 'actors' )

soap opera meets reality tv meets football = welcome to planet swans

is there a tv show in this?
Sad on 09:34 - Feb 19 with 2809 viewsLord_Bony

Sad on 09:28 - Feb 19 by jacksfullaces

wouldn't mind doing a comparison - lets list some worse ones?

interested to see if its the internet or the swans that corrupt :)

spent too much time on here over the last few days but am strangely drawn to the soap opera - that's about as real as most of it is. (along with a few of the 'actors' )

soap opera meets reality tv meets football = welcome to planet swans

is there a tv show in this?

It is like BIG BROTHER TV here sometimes...

"From a sociological and demographic perspective, Big Brother allows an analysis of how people react when forced into close confinement with people outside their comfort zone (with different opinions or ideals, or from a different socioeconomic group). The viewer has the opportunity to see how a person reacts from the outside (through the constant recording of their actions) and the inside (in the Diary or Confession Room). The Diary Room (more commonly known as the DR) is where contestants can privately express their feelings about the game, strategy and the other contestants. The results range from violent or angry confrontations to genuine and tender connections (often including romantic interludes)."

Maybe we could have a poll to evict certain contestants periodically during these mega battles...now that would be good...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Sad on 10:00 - Feb 19 with 2749 viewsdickythorpe

Your not even allowed an alternative point of view on here with some.

Some just jump on your views and try to get an "audience" to attack you.

Says a lot about their "bravery".

Dar has said nothing wrong and those that are attacking him are just "points scoring"........"faux" grief, "faux" outrage.......i blame twitter, facebook and soap operas.
Sad on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 2723 viewsJackfath

Sad on 09:12 - Feb 19 by epaul

This is interesting. I agree with your statement. However when posting said guff these days there are far too many who are unable to take what you say with a pinch of salt and jump on it, trying to draw in their supporters and then they attack like dogs with bones.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sad on 10:08 - Feb 19 with 2721 viewsUxbridge

So much anger around. I don't get it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sad on 10:13 - Feb 19 with 2704 viewsbuilthjack

There are a few who just want to argue all day and half the night. Get a life.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sad on 10:13 - Feb 19 with 2702 viewsjacksfullaces

or you ignore them?

speaking up only goes so far - it rails, baits and ultimately gives them a platform.

this is a message board not real life - the foundations of democracy will not crumble if you allow them to rant in their own space.

free speech and all that.....
Sad on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 2645 viewsNeath_Jack

Then there are those who have always been the forums billy big bollox who have now been usurped by some of the new comers, and they don't like it one bit. They construct posts to seemingly be innocent whilst all the while they are intended to draw in their attackers, so that they can then play with them for a bit whilst acting all innocent and hard done by. Take a look at this here thread for example.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Sad on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 2633 viewsGreatBritton

It's the blind leading the bland
Sad on 10:55 - Feb 19 with 2605 viewssixpenses

Sad on 10:08 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

So much anger around. I don't get it.

Hi Uxbridge was it a post by you on the other site that said you had not seen anyone banned from here except for being abusive.

You also (if it was you) correctly pointed out that others had not been banned whilst being equally abusive

If so can you please tell me when I was abusive

I had my Spratty account deleted without warning and for breaking no rules when I was reporting Darran's ongoing vile abuse, just as Phil in his sticky thread had asked us to report abuse.

p.s. wasn't Parlay also banned despite not being abusive
and Darran used to regularly ban people if they said something he did not agree with
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:18]
Sad on 11:07 - Feb 19 with 2570 viewssixpenses

FYI I was banned without warning and for breaking no rules, purely for reporting Darran's ongoing campaign of vile abuse as Phil has asked us to do.

I recall you were banned from the other website for substantial reasons and never stopped moaning. I even tried to help you by passing your message to them as you requested.

How do I twist repeatedly being called all sorts of vile C*nts by Darran when he repeatedly jumps on my posts. Or the lies he would continually repeat as soon as I posted on anything.

You think what Darran said was OK - because it disgusted many people both on this site and thejackarmy where a number of those listed above now post.

You think constant casual racist and homophobic abuse is OK because the recipients did not

You think posting pictures of disabled children to mock other posters is OK?
Or repeatedly calling other people stupid or of lower intelligence?
Sad on 11:08 - Feb 19 with 2572 viewsApeShit

Sad on 10:41 - Feb 19 by Neath_Jack

Then there are those who have always been the forums billy big bollox who have now been usurped by some of the new comers, and they don't like it one bit. They construct posts to seemingly be innocent whilst all the while they are intended to draw in their attackers, so that they can then play with them for a bit whilst acting all innocent and hard done by. Take a look at this here thread for example.

Now that they can't be "Billy Big Bollux" they want to be "Vinny the Victim"
Sad on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 2551 viewssixpenses

Sad on 10:00 - Feb 19 by dickythorpe

Your not even allowed an alternative point of view on here with some.

Some just jump on your views and try to get an "audience" to attack you.

Says a lot about their "bravery".

Dar has said nothing wrong and those that are attacking him are just "points scoring"........"faux" grief, "faux" outrage.......i blame twitter, facebook and soap operas.

Bravery

I dont't think there is much bravery in suggesting a woman brought her own horrific stabbing on herself by being unfaithful

I don't think there is much bravery using an illness that has devastatingly affected many people and twisting it as Darran's new tool of vile abuse against an offence of which he is also guilty of committing.

Get the audience to attack you, get real, you are doing that yourselves with such sick comments which I blame on the people that make them.
Sad on 11:25 - Feb 19 with 2516 viewsperchrockjack

This site turned sour after the "Board what have you done" post.

It poisoned this site and enying it or not ,loads left.

Damage was done.

Fact we have banned people who choose to come back to carry o their vendettas aganst certain posters is sad.
Proof?Just look at a an individual poster and often you ll see a repy that has nothing to do with the subject matter ;just a case of putting another down.

THE MOST LUDICROUS phrase Ive ever seen is "important poster".

You can disagree without abuse. Watch me and Lohengrin go.

Bring on the Middle East

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sad on 11:26 - Feb 19 with 2516 viewsfather_jack

too many bus 1 superfans on here imo.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Sad on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 2430 viewsmax936

Mart, that's probably the best post of the year fair do's Bravo

Bring back the Alma fukwits and get a bit of jovality and good natured piss takes.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 12:37]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sad on 12:37 - Feb 19 with 2417 viewsmonmouth

Sad on 12:33 - Feb 19 by max936

Mart, that's probably the best post of the year fair do's Bravo

Bring back the Alma fukwits and get a bit of jovality and good natured piss takes.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 12:37]

Is the Alma one of the pubs on Neath Road? Just in case I'm ever passing like.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sad on 12:41 - Feb 19 with 2642 viewssixpenses

Sad on 11:26 - Feb 19 by father_jack

too many bus 1 superfans on here imo.

Sounds like one to avoid
Sad on 12:41 - Feb 19 with 2648 viewsAquinas

There has always been arguments on here, what's different about the board at the moment is that there are cliques forming and they just abuse posters indiscriminately.

I have never been a massive fan of Jackfath but he's basically being hounded at the moment, Darran is getting his fair share of abuse as well.

Also, if you're not constantly on this board you have no idea who any of the posters are because the abusers seem to have 2/3 usernames each.

The Margaret Thatcher thread as an example, may have been a little bit heated, but people were getting heated over political views and their interpretation of history. Now when a thread gets heated it is all about personal abuse and point scoring.

I used to read this board and either learn something new or have a laugh. Now I just count the posts it takes on each thread before it gets derailed. I rarely make it past the first page.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024